Fatty V3 (Chris Creations)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raycecar

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
USA
This is my first review, so give me a chance. :)

**** I've never used any of the Fatties before this one, so I can't compare them to it. ****

Received it on Thursday.

***Don't mind the AFC ring, that's not the original finish, I torched mine.***
But as you can see, the finishing between the top cap and the base of the atty is slightly off.

First impressions: I love the look of it.
Feels well built, has a decent weight to it. Threading is buttery smooth on the top cap.
The finishing isn't all even. The top cap is slightly darker than the base of the atomizer.
AFC ring didn't move at all at first. I had to take it apart to get it working right..
They claim that you can drip up to 30 drops without leaking, but I've only gotten 15-20 and it starts leaking.

Taste: The taste I get from this atomizer is just crazy. More than my KFL, it literally tastes like I'm dripping my juice on my tongue.
The top cap of this atomizer is threaded so you have the ability to move it up or down, increasing or decreasing the warmth of your vapor, and I've got to say this works really well.

The draw: The draw is very similar to my kayfun Lite. Or to me, it feels like drawing through a 1.8~2mm airhole.

Vapor Production: Varies on your wick/coil/juice setup.
But I've got mine running a .8ohm micro coil, 6 wrap 28g Kanthal, using 80vg/20pg and it's putting off great vapor, and amazing taste as I've stated before.

Is it easy to build a coil on this?

No, not really. I've built tons of coils in my past. I've got a Kayfun Lite, IGO-L/W, Trident, and I've got to say that this atomizer is the hardest to build on.

Why?

When you loosen the +/- posts on this atomizer, the whole atty becomes "wobbly" or "fiddly".
The whole atomizer is held together by the +/- posts, which makes it a PITA to build, because if you screw them out just a little too much, the whole atomizer will fall apart. IMHO, this is a crappy design. It just makes everything complicating.
Also, if when you get the coil in there, if you don't tighten down the +/- posts down evenly, the top section of the atomizer will sit uneven, and it will leak.
You have to tighten down the posts as if you were putting a wheel on a car. You know how you have to do the "star" pattern, well you have to go back and forth between the + and - post, cranking it down each post slightly, going back and forth between the two.

But once you get everything set up correctly, this thing is an amazing vape.

***Here are all of the parts of this atomizer.. ***

***Here it is on my King***

I hope this helps anybody looking to purchase this atomizer, and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Nicblazer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Indiana
Excellent review, Ray :thumbs: ! I absolutely love mine and mirror every sentiment that you have of yours. The flavor is definitely out of this world. Never, in years of dripping, have I came across a RDA that puts the same flavor that this one does. And the throat hit is massive, even at 12mg. This is the best dripper I ever bought without a doubt.

Thanks again for the time taken to review this superb atty,

Nic

P.S.- my Kayfun Lite is also taking a little vacation after I got the Fatty v3 :vapor:

Nicblazer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Indiana
Haha, no problem!
Yeah, my Kayfun isn't doing any good for me now that I've got this.
Do you find the Fatty to be "fiddly" in anyway like I do?

Indeed a little finicky, Ray. As you said though, once it's set up, it's out of this world. Taste is in a different league compared to all my drippers, including its little brother the V2.

Take care,

Nic

Jae Espino

Sep 26, 2013
Philippines
Hey guys. Posted this on the fatty v3 thread as well.

Here's a couple of builds from the pinoy forums which may help out in easing the building experience on the fatty. These are not my pictures by the way so credit goes to mr Meadow Galvez and Mark Hipolito from the pinoy forums.

Suspended micro coil with tail wicks for dripping more than the usual
View attachment 255720

Micro coil with cotton
View attachment 255721

View attachment 255722

View attachment 255723

A suspended micro coil positioned the opposite side of the terminals have given me the best results on the fatty so far... :) Just make sure you attach it with the "kanthal legs" on top or going over when using silica to avoid hotspots... :) Hope this helps.

Great review as well Raycecar... Thanks! :vapor:

Raycecar

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
USA
Hey guys. Posted this on the fatty v3 thread as well.

Here's a couple of builds from the pinoy forums which may help out in easing the building experience on the fatty. These are not my pictures by the way so credit goes to mr Meadow Galvez and Mark Hipolito from the pinoy forums.

Unfortunately, I've just got rid of my fatty v3.. it started to really irritate me. It kept shorting out on me when I would put it all together because the positive screw kept touching that little base inside of the atomizer..
Also it kept leaking on me.

Manete

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2009
Barcelona
Unfortunately, I've just got rid of my fatty v3.. it started to really irritate me. It kept shorting out on me when I would put it all together because the positive screw kept touching that little base inside of the atomizer..
Also it kept leaking on me.

Thanks for the update. It must be a bit of an issue provided that you got rid of it just after 1 1/2 weeks after the review. I must understand that it vapes great....when it works, but eventually it's not worth all the hassle involved.

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
I recently started to get juice run-off through the air vent hole with my vertical coil setup since I sometimes forget to drip around the coil, so I switched back to the horizontal build. I still position the cotton around the vent, but this time I’m running the cotton through the coil instead of around it. Now I can drip directly onto the coil so it’s much easier than before.

2938046.jpg

I'm wondering if anyone has a setup that works well for them, and if you notice any difference with using more cotton or less, thanks!

Schnarph

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Dripping Springs, TX
After trying a few different coil setups, this is working the best for me:
FattyV33coil_zpsc57b76e4.jpg

28g, single wire, 2mm ID coils. The resistance might seem too high for some of you, I just crank up the power.
Deck air holes drilled out to 1mm. Small silicone insulator ring added to the inside to stop the inevitable short from happening (cut from half an AGA-T post insulator). I removed the airflow control ring, I always left it fully open anyways.

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
After trying a few different coil setups, this is working the best for me:
FattyV33coil_zpsc57b76e4.jpg

28g, single wire, 2mm ID coils. The resistance might seem too high for some of you, I just crank up the power.
Deck air holes drilled out to 1mm. Small silicone insulator ring added to the inside to stop the inevitable short from happening (cut from half an AGA-T post insulator). I removed the airflow control ring, I always left it fully open anyways.

Where on the inside do you put the insulation ring on? Thnx!

Schnarph

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Dripping Springs, TX
Apologies if this comes off as thread jacking, I don't want to offend the OP. Also, I'm extremely sorry I'm using a "clone" (or poor excuse for one). This doesn't change the basic nature of the coils I've been using, or how unique this atty is. I couldn't possible make such interesting coils on anything else. My hat's off to Chris Creations, if I could afford the original I would be glad to support the creator.
Where on the inside do you put the insulation ring on? Thnx!

I blogged that, check my blogs. or this will do:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/schnarph/5845-fatty-v3-clone-assembly.html

My preferred coil at the moment:
FattyV3CarCoila_zpsf8ea72fe.jpg
FattyV3CarCoilb_zpsbda412ea.jpg

Last edited:

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
Apologies if this comes off as thread jacking, I don't want to offend the OP. Also, I'm extremely sorry I'm using a "clone" (or poor excuse for one). This doesn't change the basic nature of the coils I've been using, or how unique this atty is. I couldn't possible make such interesting coils on anything else. My hat's off to Chris Creations, if I could afford the original I would be glad to support the creator.

I blogged that, check my blogs. or this will do:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/schnarph/5845-fatty-v3-clone-assembly.html

My preferred coil at the moment:
FattyV3CarCoila_zpsf8ea72fe.jpg
FattyV3CarCoilb_zpsbda412ea.jpg

Awesome blog, fantastic info. I'm using the clone too, but thankfully, never experienced any shorting (knock on wood!)

I had no idea this was a clone when I purchased it, but yeah, would like to get my hands on the original now too:

0;0;960;349;960;349;f869cd8aaad82e237163dab8a7bd5aa29c23901b.jpg

$80 IMHO is a pretty good price compared to many other RDA's in a similar price range:

Order Online | Chris Creations

Love the Fatty V3 design more and more as I use it, it's replaced everything I used to really like using ;)

I haven't experimented with any special coils yet, the ones you built there are some very talented works of art! What device are you using to crank up the power? Kick2? DNA?

op02ky.jpg

2ue0d3t.jpg

5md81.jpg

Reactions: dwen

Schnarph

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Dripping Springs, TX
I am currently using a Kick 2. I've considered going with lower ohms (~.5-.8), but the way this atty's airflow is designed I don't find it necessary. I'm guessing the voltage drop is kind of high for a RDA with all the SS between the posts and 510 connection, but it still performs quite well. The only thing close to it AFAIK is the Immortalizer, but the coil build space is much smaller. Most of the others in this fashion only have a single ~1.5mm intake hole on the deck, there really isn't much comparison.

Stay prepared for that short, I'd recommend a fuse, Kick, or some sort of protection. Even with the added insulator, the possibility of an internal short is one of the reasons I'm using a Kick 2.

Omzilla86

Verified Member
Jan 23, 2014
NYC
I get y people are having trouble with building this, but its really not *that* big of a deal for the performance and flavor you are getting out of this. When you're setting this bad boy up, as long as you do not completely loosen the screws all the way where the base will come out it will stay together. The most annoying part about this rba for me is tightening the coil down. Make sure you keep whatever your wrapping it on on the deck when tightening the screws because it will twist/mangle the coil if you don't and you need to tighten it down decently to keep the deck and bottom part together and flush. Flavor is A++, TH is A++ and as a big mouth to lung hit guy, i absolutely love the draw on this bad boy.

Zamazam

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
Midwest USA
I have a V3 too. My first set of builds really sucked, I used cotton and microcoils in every configuration I could think of. I watched a video by a Filipino dude who was using ss mesh wrapped around silica wicking. The ss mesh and coils were about 1 mm off of the deck. I replicated the build at .65 Ohms using 28 Gauge Kanthal and the vape was just incredible. No leaking, no eliquid dribbles. The eliquid in the chamber below the salt shaker holes spurted up and doused the ss mesh and coil, apparently heat thins out the eliquid stored in the channel below the air intake and allows it to be "sprayed" on the ss mesh/coil with each draw. It isn't a weather system generator, but the flavor and clean taste of the ss mesh is really, really good. With that being said, the construction of the atomizer is pretty finicky and fiddly. The fact that loosening the posts to attach your coils also loosens the entire build of the atomizer really, really sucks -Poor construction.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread