My story, and why not to start vaping if you're not a smoker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenon

Jun 15, 2013
Romania
Hey guys, long time lurker here (1 year), and I just want to get my 5 posts done, so I can post freely now. But I probably won't be the most active member anyways, I get most of the information I need just by searching. :D

So here's my story: I was/am an occasional smoker, but never got addicted to nicotine. Once I smoked a pack and a half in two days when I was on a trip with my friends, and didn't feel the the nicotine craving the next day. Also I tried a hookah once, and I really liked that big, thick vapor. And then I saw someone using an e-cig and exhaling that same amount of vapor. So I got myself a CE4. I wanted to go nicotine free from the start, but I only found 12 mg juice, so I bought it. And then got another two 12 mg juices. They lasted me one and a half week each. Then I stopped vaping for a while, and still hadn't felt addicted to it. So yes, I think that addiction is just a myth :D (okay, maybe not, but I'm somehow immune)
Then I got some 0 mg juice, because my pulse rate got really random from nic. (Never did from analogs though). But I never really stopped smoking. Well if smoking a cigarette every 2 days counts as smoking. And even that I love vaping, and chasing the clouds, it doesn't give me the feel of a cigarette. I tried some tobacco juices, but they didn't have that smoky taste, so I gave up. Now I haven't been smoking for a week, and I'd like to give it up (I'm starting to like smoking over vaping, and really don't want to get hooked), but for this I need to find some good tobacco flavorings. I diy my juices, and I can only buy Inawera flavors in my country. I did a bit of research, but I still don't know which tobacco flavor to choose. Many people seem to like Virgina Tobacco, but they also say it has a floral tasting, which is the last thing I want. I don't want it to be sweet, or have any fancy taste, just taste like a normal cigarette, and have a good smoky element. I'd be grateful if you guys could help me out a bit.

And btw here's my (poor) set-up:
Mini Vivi Nova with a 1.3 ohm twisted coil
1100 mAh e-Go without the electronics :D
A big-... 26650 2200 mAh LiFe (3.3V) battery with a 510 thread soldered on it
My first CE4 clearo, but it looks awful
And going to order an IGO-W in the future.

Last edited:

roadie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Southern CA
Hey guys, long time lurker here (1 year), and I just want to get my 5 posts done, so I can post freely now. But I probably won't be the most active member anyways, I get most of the information I need just by searching. :D

So here's my story: I was/am an occasional smoker, but never got addicted to nicotine. Once I smoked a pack and a half in two days when I was on a trip with my friends, and didn't feel the the nicotine craving the next day. Also I tried a hookah once, and I really liked that big, thick vapor. And then I saw someone using an e-cig and exhaling that same amount of vapor. So I got myself a CE4. I wanted to go nicotine free from the start, but I only found 12 mg juice, so I bought it. And then got another two 12 mg juices. They lasted me one and a half week each. Then I stopped vaping for a while, and still hadn't felt addicted to it. So yes, I think that addiction is just a myth :D (okay, maybe not, but I'm somehow immune)
Then I got some 0 mg juice, because my pulse rate got really random from nic. (Never did from analogs though). But I never really stopped smoking. Well if smoking a cigarette every 2 days counts as smoking. And even that I love vaping, and chasing the clouds, it doesn't give me the feel of a cigarette. I tried some tobacco juices, but they didn't have that smoky taste, so I gave up. Now I haven't been smoking for a week, and I'd like to give it up (I'm starting to like smoking over vaping, and really don't want to get hooked), but for this I need to find some good tobacco flavorings. I diy my juices, and I can only buy Inawera flavors in my country. I did a bit of research, but I still don't know which tobacco flavor to choose. Many people seem to like Virgina Tobacco, but they also say it has a floral tasting, which is the last thing I want. I don't want it to be sweet, or have any fancy taste, just taste like a normal cigarette, and have a good smoky element. I'd be grateful if you guys could help me out a bit.

And btw here's my (poor) set-up:
Mini Vivi Nova with a 1.3 ohm twisted coil
1100 mAh e-Go without the electronics :D
A big-... 26650 2200 mAh LiFe (3.3V) battery with a 510 thread soldered on it
My first CE4 clearo, but it looks awful
And going to order an IGO-W in the future.

I would try Mountain Oak Vapors either Southern Gentleman or Apache, GREAT flavors. Not sweet at all, and smoky like a good Latakia tobacco, not "smoke" smoky.:laugh:

Last edited:

~Ricky~

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2013
Enterprise, Alabama
I haven't tried it in a while, kinda moved on a bit from tobacco flavors, and tried it when I first started vaping a few months ago...so YMMV...but Silverthorne from Johnson Creek Smoke Juice always reminded me of an old, straight, tobacco smell and taste. Hard to describe, but in my opinion very "tobaccoish."

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Don't know how many heavy smokers started out thinking they were just casual smokers. Dangerous trap. Seen it too many times. Fooling only yourself to think it can't happen. If it were me and I couldn't stop lighting analogs I would get some high performance no nic vape gear before the smoking sirens take charge. If that doesn't work I would vape nic at strength required to avoid stinkies.

Matty Walsh

Feb 25, 2014
Boston, MA
I've heard that using unflavored nic juice with just PG and VG tastes the closest to an actual analog cigarette. I have yet to try a tobacco flavor that actually tasted like a cig to me. Then again, I'm a mint vaper, so what do I know ? :p

I would agree. My normal vape is a tobacco flavor, and I'm also looking to find a really good tobacco flavored juice. I do have flavors like peanut butter cup and creamsickle, but only vape them occasionally. Almost as an "after dinner vape"

mensch1970

Jan 11, 2014
United States
Recent studies have show that it's very difficult to get lab animals addicted to nicotine alone, but when it's introduced in the form of tobacco smoke, it's quite often very quickly addictive. There are some people that can take smoking or leave it, but most people decide it's something they like enough that they start doing it daily. Truth be told, if you only smoke a few cigarettes every now and then with periods of weeks or more in between then quitting altogether probably is not all that essential, once you've established that you are not likely to become addicted and in danger of starting to smoke every day. I hate to tell anybody this, but really, it's the daily smoking that leads to heavier and heavier smoking that is the real danger. As for the smoky element you seek, that's a tall order because the first thing |I found when I "slipped" after about a week of vaping cigarette free (I was about 30 miles from home at a party when my only battery died) was that cigarette smoke tastes like crap. My opinion on the subject warrants much stronger language, but I'm not sure what the rules are here about that. It's kind of a shame because I was also an avid cigar smoker (no inhaling, so not really harmful), but vaping has so ruined me for smoking that I no longer enjoy my favorite cigars anymore; I guess I'll just have to use them for extracting flavor now... There are lots of tobacco flavored e-liquids out there but to me they just taste more like fresh tobacco smells before you light up. I suppose that's my body telling me it's glad I'm not exposing my lungs to that junk anymore:)

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Hi there, welcome to ECF.

Sorry to say that the smoky taste your chasing does not exist.

Vapor just doesn't taste like smoke.

Johnson Creek juices have that smokey flavor to them. Something I did not like but others may? Anyone who likes that mesquite taste of stuff on the grill would like JC juices, I haven't picked that up in any other brands. Kinda good if you like that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread