Status
Not open for further replies.

CurlyxCracker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Williamsport, PA
So this may be a silly question, I may be overlooking the obvious. I know my mvp has a 2600mah battery. But, when I push the "u" and "p" together I know it's telling me the resistance of my atty and have read that the second number is the amount of battery left. And at certain voltages left will determine the led color of the fire button. To my knowledge voltage is a measure of the flow of current put out or in not capacity of a battery. I realize the voltage output would decrease as the battery is drained, but how Can it put out 5v if the battery level is at a lower voltage.

CurlyxCracker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Williamsport, PA
My mvp doesn't go a full day. i charge it when it's red then remove it once the green light is gone.
I vape a few then turn it off after each session maybe 15mins to 30min
a few how's later the same day it's red.
I'm curious to know if my battery is bad .
I haven't owned this thing for a week.

I can assure you something is wrong. I chain vase. Always puffing vapor clouds. And although I normally charge every day before work, I have gone two days, I haven't even seen my yellow light come on. Is it authentic? What vendor did you purchase from? New or used?

Simply Red

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
I'm here, when I'm here
My mvp doesn't go a full day. i charge it when it's red then remove it once the green light is gone.

Sounds like it. Your case is the first I've heard. I've had mine for 3 months and a charge lasts me 2 days and I'm a heavy vaper.

RAMBOKNIFE

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2014
VIRGINIA
i can assure you something is wrong. I chain vase. Always puffing vapor clouds. And although i normally charge every day before work, i have gone two days, i haven't even seen my yellow light come on. Is it authentic? What vendor did you purchase from? New or used?

vape hard by sms in norfolk va
i will go back later today to have them look at it.

RAMBOKNIFE

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2014
VIRGINIA
I can assure you something is wrong. I chain vase. Always puffing vapor clouds. And although I normally charge every day before work, I have gone two days, I haven't even seen my yellow light come on. Is it authentic? What vendor did you purchase from? New or used?

I CHECKED MY SECURITY CODE
Excellent! The unique Authentication code has been verified; the device is an authentic Innokin product. Thank you for choosing Innokin.

IT READS 4.2 FULLY CHARGED
3MINS LATER 4.1

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
To my knowledge voltage is a measure of the flow of current put out or in not capacity of a battery. I realize the voltage output would decrease as the battery is drained, but how Can it put out 5v if the battery level is at a lower voltage.

Current is measured in amps, not volts. The best way to describe the relationship between volts, amps, and ohms is to imagine a water main.

Voltage is the pressure of the water. Amps are the flow rate. Ohms are the size (diameter) of the pipe.

volt_amp_ohms.jpg

Battery capacity is measured in mAh, or milliamp-hours. A 2600 mAh battery like in the MVP 2.0 can push a 1 amp current for 2.6 hours. (2600 mA / 1000 mA = 2.6).

However, you can not determine the actual battery capacity left. What devices like the MVP 2.0 do is check the voltage. A battery's voltage drops as it is discharged -- it will start at 4.2 volts when fully charged, and will gradually drop as it is used. You can estimate the remaining battery capacity from this. Your cell phone does the exact same thing to show the battery meter. It measures the voltage, and estimates that the battery is 75% full, 50% full, etc.

VV/VW devices like the MVP 2.0 use electronic circuitry to boost or buck (reduce) the voltage from the battery. Think of it like a very small circuit-based transformer. If the battery voltage is 3.9 volts, and you set your MVP to 4.5 volts, it will boost the 3.9 volts to 4.5 volts, and if you set it to 3.6 volts, it will buck the 3.9 volts down to 3.6 volts.

CurlyxCracker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Williamsport, PA
Current is measured in amps, not volts. The best way to describe the relationship between volts, amps, and ohms is to imagine a water main.

Voltage is the pressure of the water. Amps are the flow rate. Ohms are the size (diameter) of the pipe.

volt_amp_ohms.jpg

Battery capacity is measured in mAh, or milliamp-hours. A 2600 mAh battery like in the MVP 2.0 can push a 1 amp current for 2.6 hours. (2600 mA / 1000 mA = 2.6).

However, you can not determine the actual battery capacity left. What devices like the MVP 2.0 do is check the voltage. A battery's voltage drops as it is discharged -- it will start at 4.2 volts when fully charged, and will gradually drop as it is used. You can estimate the remaining battery capacity from this. Your cell phone does the exact same thing to show the battery meter. It measures the voltage, and estimates that the battery is 75% full, 50% full, etc.

VV/VW devices like the MVP 2.0 use electronic circuitry to boost or buck (reduce) the voltage from the battery. Think of it like a very small circuit-based transformer. If the battery voltage is 3.9 volts, and you set your MVP to 4.5 volts, it will boost the 3.9 volts to 4.5 volts, and if you set it to 3.6 volts, it will buck the 3.9 volts down to 3.6 volts.

Great explanation! Also dig the illustration.

Havensal

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2013
Western NY

I have the same issue. Often drain my MVP2 in a day. I just thought i vapped too much. I don't see an authentication code anywhere. I have contacted the vendor (well known, not Fasttech) to ensure it's authentic.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

ImperfectFuture

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2014
Seattle
I have the same issue. Often drain my MVP2 in a day. I just thought i vapped too much. I don't see an authentication code anywhere. I have contacted the vendor (well known, not Fasttech) to ensure it's authentic.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

The authentication code is on a card, small brown rectangle, and I can't read it. Been vaping since yesterday, just hit 3.9, but i have some other flavors in 808 clearomizers still chugging on.

JTrain23

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Lubbock, TX, USA

That's not normal. I get 3+ days on a full charge and I never turn it off. 1100 or so puffs over that period. My MVP2 is usually set to 8.5 watts as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
I think something is wrong if your MVP is only lasting a couple of hours. Both of my MVP 2's last days before needing a charge. How long have you had the MVP? I would contact the vendor. Innokin provides them with a 3 month warranty I believe, so if it's under that you shouldn't have a problem getting a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread