PLEASE HELP!!! Newb here! Which REO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverickbo

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2014
Ohio
hello everyone.....Im needing info on which REO to purchase?

1) VV Grand or Regular?

2) Is this a manual dripping device or a mechanical? (I have read somewhere that it was manual, I dont want that)

3) What else do I need to complete my order besides batteries?

I just need some guidance...info is overwhelming on here.

Thank you everyone!!!

Rmcgloth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Sandy,or
hello everyone.....Im needing info on which REO to purchase?

1) VV Grand or Regular? For myself, regular. It can't go wrong, and with an rm2 or similar, you can make your coils to your own spec , giving you much the same control over your vape as the vv, but washable.

2) Is this a manual dripping device or a mechanical? (I have read somewhere that it was manual, I dont want that)the dripping is achieved through a bottom feeding tube to a bottle in the mod that you squeeze to refresh your wick. So, manual, yes, you have to squeeze the bottle. .... he bottle is cleverly built into the mod, with no need to pull the drip tip or carry a bottle around.

3) What else do I need to complete my order besides batteries? You will need an atomizer. If you are comfortable with rebuildables, the rm2 is hard to beat. The Igo s is quite nice also, just a few differences in setup ( no ceramic base, slip on cap instead of threaded).

I just need some guidance...info is overwhelming on here. It is a big world, but full of very helpful, friendly, and clever people. Welcome!

Thank you everyone!!!
side note, think about what you like to wick with. Many of us are making micro coils on the rm2 and wicking with some type of sterile or organic cotton. Of course, do what you are comfortable with, but many have had good experiences with this set up.

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
I've always used vv/vw devices until I got a Reo Grand. I build around a 1.3ohm coil on the RM2. I wick mine with 1mm silica doubled, but lots of people use cotton. Do lots of reading here for all the how tos.

Here's what you would need for the best vape. IMHO

Reo Grand
RM2
Batteries AW 18650 at least 2. Here: Genuine AW Batteries at RTD Vapor
Wicking material - Cotton, silica or whatever you prefer
A couple of extra spring from Reomods as that is the short protection. The spring will collapse if there is a hard short and then have to be replaced. Oh, and a button top, easier on the thumb or finger. Comes in black delrin, brass, or aluminum.

Instead of the RM2 you can just use a low ohm 1.7 carto or low ohm atty, but I say just get the RM2 and be done with it.

As far as is it manual? There is a bottle inside the door for eliquid. It's connected by a tube to the 510 connector. Then you squonk (press with your thumb) and it feeds juice to your topper. Kind of like upside down dripping without the bottle and the mess.

Last edited:

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
Maverickbo,

Seeing as you only have 14 posts at the time I'm writing this, and advertised yourself as a newb, I took a quick glance at your past posts.

I noticed you have a Provari on the way.

Keeping that in mind, I think the mechanical Reo Grand would be a better choice for you. I believe the mechanical Reo will round out your arsenal much more robustly than the VV Grand would.

You have some things to learn about rebuilding, but trust me the overwhelming consensus is rebuilding is the way to really get the most out of your Reo, and it's what sets it apart from anything else out there.

If you should want regulated power for your Grand, you can always put a Kick in it.

Here's a quick suggested shopping list for you...

From Reosmods.com:

Reo Grand (I'd go with an LP)

RM2 (if you purchase an LP Grand, be sure you get an LP RM2)

1 or 2 extra springs

Extra RM2 screws

Batteries:

AW 18650 1600mAh are the BEST batteries for your Reo. Do not be tempted to get higher mAh batteries, trust me you want these exact batteries for the best performance, longest life, and best fit for a mechanical Reo Grand:

AW IMR 18650 3.7v 1600mAh - Batteries

Rebuilding supplies:

28g Kanthal wire - Kanthal Wire 28 Gauge RW0117 - 50 FT 0.31oz Series A-1 Resistance AWG

Your going to want some silica, or cotton for wicking material. I would suggest cotton. You can get a box of 130 sterile cotton balls at a local CVS for around $4 bucks.

You can use your Provari as a meter to check the resistance of your RM2 builds. However, you can find these little 510 ohm meters around, and not only are they a bit more accurate, but they make nice platforms to hold your atty while mounting coils.

510 Ohm Meter Model 2 - Kidney Puncher

Finally, please take the time to read up on some subjects regarding vaping and safety. This is an excellent thread with many links in it to answer a lot of questions you may have:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...op-reference-shop-new-experienced-vapers.html

DoogieTony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Indianapolis, IN
1) VV Grand or Regular? It depends on what you want, but I'd recommend the Grand

2) Is this a manual dripping device or a mechanical? (I have read somewhere that it was manual, I dont want that) Reos have a bottle inside that you simply press to wet your atomizer.

3) What else do I need to complete my order besides batteries? You'll need an atomizer of some kind, I'd recommend the Reomizer 2 RDA. If you're unfamiliar with rebuildables you can always grab some 510 LR atomizers or cartomizers. If you do decide to go with the RM2 you will need wick (i.e. cotton, silica, etc), A1 kanthal wire (28-30 gauge), and either a digital multimeter or ohm meter.
I would also recommend that you grab a spare spring or 2 and a couple 6ml bottles

Edit: I'm slow :laugh:

Last edited:

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Looks like you're sorted (I believe you've even ordered), based on the very sound advice you got above.

I just wanted to welcome you to Reoville. You may or may not have the perspective today, but trust us when we say that reos are arguably the best vape setup available today (and the people here are some of the most experienced and capable vapers in the known world). You have some work to do with setting up the coils (lots of great tweeks you can do to dial in a vape to your exacting standards) and getting your squonk on, but the rewards far outweigh any hassle.

If you have ordered, you simply must post pics of your new baby when it arrives. We're a folksy lot that way.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
VV is pretty sweet though. Been using my VV grand quite a bit.

QJskBkz.jpg

Yes, I can build a coil to any resistance I want but there's something almost magical about being able to adjust power on the fly (not that I adjust much) and constant power every hit till I swap batteries.

I have grands and a VV and believe that everyone should own a grand because they can be washed, rebuilt at home and will survive most anything.

I also believe that after you have a grand or two you deserve to treat yourself to the luxurious awesomeness of a VV grand.

The good news is, whatever one you choose, you'll prolly end up getting the other in the near future :)

Maverickbo

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2014
Ohio
Well I'm still undecided on which reo..grand or VV. My better judgement is the regular grand. From the posts here it does not matter...heck with it! REO GRAND it is!!! Pulling trigger now! Now what color?....lol! Just joking...like WIZ says...black yellow black and yellow! Thanks everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Well I'm still undecided on which reo..grand or VV. My better judgement is the regular grand. From the posts here it does not matter...heck with it! REO GRAND it is!!! Pulling trigger now! Now what color?....lol! Just joking...like WIZ says...black yellow black and yellow! Thanks everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You WON'T be disappointed. Nice choice (but then, they all are).

Ian444

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
QLD, Australia
Can't go wrong with a Grand, well done. You can always pick up other models down the track. All the advice given to you is spot on, I'm just adding my 2c :)

The Reo plus RM2 combo is a very good way to go, I hope you love it. That's how I got into Reo's and if I had my time again I wouldn't do it any different. The Grand and RM2 is still my "rock".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread