Pro-V2 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisa66

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Florida
I'm sitting here vaping with my 19mm Pro-V, and staring at my beautiful new 22mm Pro-V2 which arrived today. I'd love to be able to use the new one but unfortunately I am unable to get it apart to use it. Short of mangling it with a small screwdriver, I'm at a loss. I remember having this issue with the other one--- not sure how I did it. Thank goodness I ordered the softer o-rings to replace the existing. Now, if I could just get it apart.......any suggestions?

Edit: thumbnail, no go.

Last edited:

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
When the o-rings get dry, they do stick and stick hard. Do you fill by removing the cap? It's easier to do the "slide the carto out one end" method and is actually the intended way of using it. But you do have to get it apart to switch to the soft -o-rings, which will eliminate the "stick"
I use the slow upward wiggle method with a towel, after warming the tank up under hot water and then drying it off for grip. The last resort method, is to put a pen or screwdriver through one side so that the end of the sits flat against the inside of the opposite cap. Hold the tank in your fist with the pen or screwdriver protruding downward and bang against something really hard and undentable! Bang it softly, it will inch off.

Last edited:

Lisa66

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Florida
Thanks for your reply. I already had used a towel, hot water, silicone oven mitts....can't get much better grip than that.....and soaking in olive oil. I ended up prying it open and yes, did mangle it a bit, but it works fine.

What's interesting is that the tube (clear PETG) has permanent marks where the o-rings are. I never saw that with my 19mm tank when I got it, or even now. I thought it was just grease/oil, but no....it's like it is etched into the plastic. Those caps were practically cemented on.

I do fill through the top, sliding the carto, with a carto tool. I like to be able to take the tank apart for cleaning pretty often...To anyone who wants to be able to take the caps off more than just occasionally, I recommend getting the softer o-rings.....also maybe ask to have the parts shipped seperately, rather than assembled....so there's no struggle.

Sorry - don't mean to sound like a complainer; the tank truly is beautiful, so finely finished, perfect fit for my device and functions flawlessly.

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
When the o-rings get dry, they do stick and stick hard. Do you fill by removing the cap? It's easier to do the "slide the carto out one end" method and is actually the intended way of using it. But you do have to get it apart to switch to the soft -o-rings, which will eliminate the "stick"
I use the slow upward wiggle method with a towel, after warming the tank up under hot water and then drying it off for grip. The last resort method, is to put a pen or screwdriver through one side so that the end of the sits flat against the inside of the opposite cap. Hold the tank in your fist with the pen or screwdriver protruding downward and bang against something really hard and undentable! Bang it softly, it will inch off.
Now ya need a fused quartz tube to go with those soft o-rings. Actually the fused quartz comes with another pair of the soft outer o-rings.

scscheib

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Pittsburgh,PA,USA
I just got my beautiful new Pro-V2 today along with the VM Red Copper/Black Carbonite which is simply stunning! I had absolutely no problem with things sticking together. In fact, I had the complete opposite and lost a whole tank of juice because the tank pulled right off the carto with just trying to screw it on my Provari. ****Word of Caution**** When you clean the device with warm/hot water, which I did and do with all new items, the o-rings become very lose fitting. I was very happy to see that they tighten up with time, otherwise I was going to be one unhappy camper with constant juice leakage. But, it is working rather well at the moment and looks awesome on the Provari. I sent a message before my purchase to I believe it was Tom and told him what I was looking to do and he surprised me with a free upgrade to the V2 and made it a perfect fit for the Provari. Thanks very much!!! I had been online looking everywhere for a rounded cap for the Provari to fit the rounded tanks and now I don't have to worry about it. This piece fits perfectly over the original, can't even tell the difference.

scscheib

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Pittsburgh,PA,USA
My first attempt at adding a couple images so bare with me plz.
photo.jpg
This should be the VM Red Copper/Black Carbonite if it posts correctly, lol.

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
My first attempt at adding a couple images so bare with me plz.
View attachment 308475
This should be the VM Red Copper/Black Carbonite if it posts correctly, lol.

Both tanks look awesome! I love the Red Copper/Carbonite M3. Speaking of....The small size M3 just arrived , so matching M3 drip-tips in all 5 metals should be forthcoming in the next week or so. The 5th metal is a new one....Red Copper and Blue Bronze.

scscheib

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Pittsburgh,PA,USA
Thanks for your reply. I already had used a towel, hot water, silicone oven mitts....can't get much better grip than that.....and soaking in olive oil. I ended up prying it open and yes, did mangle it a bit, but it works fine.

What's interesting is that the tube (clear PETG) has permanent marks where the o-rings are. I never saw that with my 19mm tank when I got it, or even now. I thought it was just grease/oil, but no....it's like it is etched into the plastic. Those caps were practically cemented on.

I do fill through the top, sliding the carto, with a carto tool. I like to be able to take the tank apart for cleaning pretty often...To anyone who wants to be able to take the caps off more than just occasionally, I recommend getting the softer o-rings.....also maybe ask to have the parts shipped seperately, rather than assembled....so there's no struggle.

Sorry - don't mean to sound like a complainer; the tank truly is beautiful, so finely finished, perfect fit for my device and functions flawlessly.

Are you referring to the V2 or the VM M3 Composite Alloy Series? I just love the looks of the M3. I wanted to ask you if you had any issues with your draw on the M3? I prefer a tighter pull when using a cargo/tank and I was not a happy camper when I first got my M3. I then found an airflow control unit that I can screw right onto the bottom of the tank and it makes a HUGE difference. Just thought I would share that in case you were having the same problem.
photo.jpg

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
Are you referring to the V2 or the VM M3 Composite Alloy Series? I just love the looks of the M3. I wanted to ask you if you had any issues with your draw on the M3? I prefer a tighter pull when using a cargo/tank and I was not a happy camper when I first got my M3. I then found an airflow control unit that I can screw right onto the bottom of the tank and it makes a HUGE difference. Just thought I would share that in case you were having the same problem.
View attachment 311259

Our tanks themselves are built to not interfere with the air flow from any carto that you choose. We go out of our way to make sure our tanks allow full circulation. The carto maker themselves determines the stiffness or looseness of the draw of their product. So the tank isn't at fault for allowing the carto to breathe naturally! But if you do want a stiffer air draw than a particular carto has, then that type of device is useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread