Obbsessed

Status
Not open for further replies.

NathanielFT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Anybody else new to vaping developed a complete obsession over it???

I started with ecigs as a way of quitting smoking, one month in I'm experimenting with making my own vg/pg liquids, reading everything i can about any mod, tank, atomizer etc. thats supposed to be any good and just generally all round obsessed - and ticking my girlfriend off in the process lol.

I hope this is a normal phaze and im not the only one like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JaRod

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2014
Delray Beach FL
Anybody else new to vaping developed a complete obsession over it???

I started with ecigs as a way of quitting smoking, one month in I'm experimenting with making my own vg/pg liquids, reading everything i can about any mod, tank, atomizer etc. thats supposed to be any good and just generally all round obsessed - and ticking my girlfriend off in the process lol.

I hope this is a normal phaze and im not the only one like this 

I don't know if its normal but you are not the only one :laugh:

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
I think it's perfectly normal. It's good to learn all that you can. What's not okay is going in debt buying everything and anything which tends to happen to those uninformed.

In my case, I was addicted to smoking and I'd start panicking if I was down to my last pack. In other words, it was part of my life. Now vaping has taken it's place.

Dakota Jim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
in a warehouse buried near Univille SD
Here is what I got into with in the first 3 months of my starting vaping (* items are from month 4 to now)
2 vamo's
1 MVP1
*1 Zmax 3
*1 Nzonic mech
2 Ego Twists 650mah
2 Ego 350mah (1 is always in my pocket - just in case - remember high school and that ring imprint on your wallet)
1 Ego 1100mah passthru
2 wired VV passthru's (1 in car, 1 in house)
multiple 510 and 808 cigalikes (with carto's) stashed away in car and around house (kinda like an alcoholic hides booze)
*2 kayfun lite+ (clones - as the real ones are always out of stock)
8 assorted Protanks (1, 2, and mini's)
12+ evods
12+ assorted vivi nova's, iClear16's, ce4 style clearo's (not in regular use - emergency vapocalypse backups)
AGA-T2+ and assorted RDA's
about 200 ft of Kanthal in assorted gauges
about 100 ft of assorted silica
2 bags of organic cotton
8 18650 batteries
2 18350 batteries
and for DIY eliquid
2 quarts of PG
2 quarts of VG
500 ml of 60mg nic base
1000+ ml of assorted concentrated flavorings
400ml of eliquid mixed, steeped and ready to go

so yes, it can be an obsession

NathanielFT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Thanks for the replies peeps, great to know I'm not alone in this as my girl is really getting at me like its abnormal lol I don't know what it is about vaping but its more then just quitting cigs now its a hobby and one of my biggest interests - still a great replacement, wish i done it sooner!

TheAmazingDave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2014
San Jose, California, United States
Definitely not alone. I'm well addicted to the hobby myself. It's much less expensive than some of the other things I'm in to, and keeps me busy with lots of stuff to tinker with, and lots of vids and reviews to occupy down time.

Can't wait to get home and start experimenting with making my own coils for my ProTank.

DetraMental

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
United States
I'm a girl and I'm totally into this stuff. If I had a husband he may think I was crazy, maybe not, dunno.....it's helped me quit smoking so it's all good to me! Keep on Vapin'! :vapor:

In my first year I got into DIY pretty quick, like in the first 6 weeks.
Gear wize I started out with
4 V2's and then it moved on....
2 eGo 1000mAhs
4 eGo CE passthroughs
2 Vision Spinners
iTaste 3v vv/vw
MV2
various other eGo's (13)
VTR
Vamo2
Provari

Last edited:

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
It's normal. I went through a phase like that. Went from a generic 650 mAh, variable volt, passthrough with generic bottom coil clearo that took Evod coils, to the iTaste VV v3 with the Mini Protank II in a week. Hubby stole my upgrade, so I bought an MVP 2 that came with an iClear 30 within days. Also bought a replacement Mini Protank II since I needed glass for the 28473939 flavors I bought. Hubby stole the second Mini Protank too and started using my MVP as his backup at home so I bought another MVP 2 that came with the new ickear 16b and another iTaste VV v3. Hubby gave up the first MVP and took the second VV v3 for himself, so now I have 2 MVP 2's. Read so much about cartotanks and about three weeks into vaping I had 4 IBTanked cartotanks. Another week in and I added 3 Boge cartotanks and a Cirrus carto a few days after the Boge purchases because I decided I didn't like the Boge tanks. I'm still buying 284749 bottles of juice each week as well, as I can't stand the thought of missing a good one. I rotate between 7 cartotanks filled with different juices in each all day long. I'd say I'm obsessed....

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Somewhere in all that, I somehow ended up with 3 more Mini Protanks, another iClear 16b and an iClear 30b too, not to mention boxes upon boxes of Boge prepunched cartos that I buy in bulk. Oh, and I also wound up with three iClear 16 clearos that I don't remember buying but I must have.... Hmm... And an Innokin AIO kit. In my defense, I'm buying ecig stuff for three people.

PeppermintPatty

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2014
California
I totally get it. I loove vaping, and as I have mentioned before, as a previous non smoker who vapes 0%, it is pure flavor and vapor I am after, and I so enjoy my entire process. I have a little (not really) storage case that my father calls my "juice bar". I am always thinking about shaking my juices, steeping my juices, organizing my cartridges (unlike most on here, I use and adore my cigalikes). I love my little ecig kit that I carry with me while I am out working, and every night I plan my flavors, fill my cartridges if need be, and arrange which batteries I want to use, check that they are charged. I so like my little "juice bar" case with all my blank and prefilled cartridges, caps, filling supplies, juices. Every night I tend to it, shake and check my juices, organize which cartridges need airing out for a refill, which are ready for a refill and need labeling as to what they contain and how many times I have used them. I am sure it sounds silly and even tedious to most, but it makes me happy, and there are worse things I could be doing with my time, so if someone else thinks it foolish, that is their problem.

For you guys who are switching over from analogs, your significant others should be thrilled at the health benefits you will gain from your new obsession. I can think of fewer things more positive to do for your health!

2naphish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
the boro, Tennessee
Thanks for the replies peeps, great to know I'm not alone in this as my girl is really getting at me like its abnormal lol I don't know what it is about vaping but its more then just quitting cigs now its a hobby and one of my biggest interests - still a great replacement, wish i done it sooner!

wait til you start using high end equipment...i could have saved a wheelbarrow full of cash running through tons of $20 atomizers and tanks . not to mention all the $40 mechanical clones and a couple of VV/VW mods. i could not believe how well copper, silver,cotton and fine tuning DIY juices work.

Rip Trippers was right all along....do your research, save up and buy the real deal...you'll thank me later..quality over quantity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread