Status
Not open for further replies.

Arch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
United States
casaa.org
Note: I'm posting this here because this section is where I'm comfortable, and it's topping a Provari so it's somewhat related. That and the cartomizer section is more or less dead.

So, I made a thread in the Cartomizer section about a week ago with massive amounts of frustration behind this carto-tank. I found that my problem was that I was using a 90% VG juice and it just wasn't allowing juice through the 2 pre-punched holes, drying out the cartomizer's guts and burning my carto. I took another shot at it on this fine Saturday night with a 50/50 blend of Honey Pearry and let me tell you, this thing hits like a champ and then some. The flavor, vapor production and overall smoothness of this vaping experience is outstanding. I'm using an IBTanked 22MM/Standard carto tank with Smok's 3.0 ohm single coil, pre punched flanged cartomizers and it's working like a dream.

I'll provide a picture to show you the supplies I used this time around, in comparison to the 50 paper towels I used before. I want to thank Baditude for inspiring me to get the cartotank itself, and then another time for helping me so much back on the Cartomizer thread. Along with every one else that was on it. I'm in vaping heaven right now. :blush:

x8QfqBy.jpg

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
Ibtanked and Provari goes together like Peanut butter and Jelly! When I got mine I dug out all my Ibtanked and so far that is mostly what I have been using.

Just a question...does your carto's seem to have a tight draw? I aske cause the ones I got from Ibtanked does and I have never really used smoktech so I don't know if this is normal or not.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Nice vape win :toast:

Glad you got yourself dialed in - those IBT tanks are great. If you have your heart set on thicker juices, you can either enlarge the holes in the cartos or punch more of them. The problem might ultimately be the internal wicking material, but punching 2 more holes is a quick test.

Arch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
United States
casaa.org
Ibtanked and Provari goes together like Peanut butter and Jelly! When I got mine I dug out all my Ibtanked and so far that is mostly what I have been using.

Just a question...does your carto's seem to have a tight draw? I aske cause the ones I got from Ibtanked does and I have never really used smoktech so I don't know if this is normal or not.

The Smok cartos I got were from IBTanked and the draw is a bit tighter than what I'm used to, similar to an analog. I don't mind it though honestly. I've yet to re-fill this thing, so I'm hoping that isn't a messy experience either :)

Arch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
United States
casaa.org
Nice vape win :toast:

Glad you got yourself dialed in - those IBT tanks are great. If you have your heart set on thicker juices, you can either enlarge the holes in the cartos or punch more of them. The problem might ultimately be the internal wicking material, but punching 2 more holes is a quick test.

I personally don't have a punching tool to create another 2 clean holes, but I'll more than likely save this 80-90% VG juice from Bombies for when I get into RDA's. All of my other blends are 50/50 for the most part so I don't foresee any issues with this now.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
The Smok cartos I got were from IBTanked and the draw is a bit tighter than what I'm used to, similar to an analog. I don't mind it though honestly. I've yet to re-fill this thing, so I'm hoping that isn't a messy experience either :)

is that an IBT drip tip refill tool in the pic? ... if yes, refilling is a walk in the park :cool:

Arch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
United States
casaa.org
is that an IBT drip tip refill tool in the pic? ... if yes, refilling is a walk in the park :cool:

That it is! I'm assuming that all I have to do to refill is just take off my drip tip, put the refilling tool in it's place and pull up on the tank itself, taking out the refilling tool, refilling it with juice, putting the tool back on and pushing it back down onto the carto to snap it back into place. My only small concern is a bit of leaking juice coming from the bottom where I pull the tank upwards, since that part of the carto was in the juice prior to be pulled up if that makes any sense.

I'm really OCD about having any bit of juice touching my provari's connection pin :oops:

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
what I do is remove the drip tip and put the refill tip into the cart ... I then hold the tank about 1/2 inch above a table and push the drip tool through into the tank (the 1/2 inch above the table prevents the carto being pushed straight through the tank).

I then add juice down the open side of the drip tool ... then press down on the table to push the carto back in place. Remove drip tool and put drip tip back on.

total refill time takes about 30-40 seconds and the only cleanup is wiping the drip tool :cool:

Arch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
United States
casaa.org
what I do is remove the drip tip and put the refill tip into the cart ... I then hold the tank about 1/2 inch above a table and push the drip tool through into the tank (the 1/2 inch above the table prevents the carto being pushed straight through the tank).

I then add juice down the open side of the drip tool ... then press down on the table to push the carto back in place. Remove drip tool and put drip tip back on.

total refill time takes about 30-40 seconds and the only cleanup is wiping the drip tool :cool:

Awesome man! I didn't even think to keep the drip tool in the cartomizer while you re-fill it to prevent any flooding or mess ups. You can also fill the tank a little more that way am I right? Sounds great. I'll have to buy a couple of the re-fill tools because I'll want one in my car, at the office and at my house so I don't have to keep it in my pocket all day. This sounds great.

cdsaint66

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Goodfield, IL
That is exactly how you fill the tank Villiska. Since you mentioned not liking any juice on your connection pin, Carto tanks do dribble just a bit on the pin. As the carto ages, this gets gradually worse, and can eventually become a PITA. When it does, just prime a new carto and swap it like an Ocelot. (search that phrase for The Ocelot's excellent instructional video).

Arch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
United States
casaa.org
That is exactly how you fill the tank Villiska. Since you mentioned not liking any juice on your connection pin, Carto tanks do dribble just a bit on the pin. As the carto ages, this gets gradually worse, and can eventually become a PITA. When it does, just prime a new carto and swap it like an Ocelot. (search that phrase for The Ocelot's excellent instructional video).

Yeah, I've seen her guide and it sounds pretty easy. How long do cartos roughly last before that issue begins to be a problem? If this comparison does any good, I usually go through a Protank replacement head in about a week to a week and a half. I vape lighter colored liquids so even heavy vaping that I do, I don't burn out a coil for ages it feels like. I'm hoping a carto is roughly the same.

Arch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
United States
casaa.org
Also, one question, is it okay to lay down this tank + provari on it's side? I know with clearomizer tanks this can cause flooding/leaking, but I don't have that flat base ring at the bottom so I constantly feel like putting it on it's side on my desk in front of me rather than risking it tipping over every time I move a muscle.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Awesome man! I didn't even think to keep the drip tool in the cartomizer while you re-fill it to prevent any flooding or mess ups. You can also fill the tank a little more that way am I right? Sounds great. I'll have to buy a couple of the re-fill tools because I'll want one in my car, at the office and at my house so I don't have to keep it in my pocket all day. This sounds great.

you totally got this Villiska (yup, leave the tool in while refilling) ... I also bought a few drip tip tools (at $2.50 each, I would be screwed if I lost the only one I had).

I just ordered another box of 50 carts today :cool:

Edit: yes, laying your provari on it's side is fine ... nothing will leak.

IBTanks are an awesome trouble free vape setup

Last edited:

cdsaint66

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Goodfield, IL
Like all heads it does vary depending on the liquid. A dark nasty liquid (nasty in what it does to cartos anyway) will kill a carto in a few days for me. If I'm vaping unflavored I'll get between a week and two weeks. I'm a heavy vaper though, so you may be able to go longer. For no more than cartos cost, I swap them when they start flooding, or flavor or vapor production drops off, or when the draw tightens up. Those seem to be the 3 ways they fail for me.

Arch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
United States
casaa.org
@WillyZee,

Read the edit, thanks man. It's now on it's side taking a nap!

Like all heads it does vary depending on the liquid. A dark nasty liquid (nasty in what it does to cartos anyway) will kill a carto in a few days for me. If I'm vaping unflavored I'll get between a week and two weeks. I'm a heavy vaper though, so you may be able to go longer. For no more than cartos cost, I swap them when they start flooding, or flavor or vapor production drops off, or when the draw tightens up. Those seem to be the 3 ways they fail for me.

Awesome, sounds great. Cartos are really cheap as well and so far I'm enjoying these Smok ones. I bought 15 3.0 ohm cartos as well as 10 of the 2.0 ohm cartos so I should be good for awhile. I did go through 3 of them before I got it up and running right, but now I think I'm pretty good using Baditude's shake method!

Steelgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Houston, Tx
I'm glad to see this post here since I just receive my first IBTanked. Using it with my Provari is best with out the ring I bought from IBTanked. Extremely tight draw with it. On another post I mentioned this and was suggested to try the boge cartos. I may do that. I agree that a thicker ejuice plays a part in the way a Carto works. I've been mostly vaping Halo brands which does not report ratio of pg/vg. The set up is much less weight using the standard size 22mm tank then with Kanger pt2 with aero base. Yet much more ejuice capacity. Dig that!
I'll be happier with my set up if I can get the draw worked out using the ring. I like that flush look.

charmschool

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2013
North Georgia
I did go through 3 of them before I got it up and running right, but now I think I'm pretty good using Baditude's shake method!
Here's a couple of cool additional tricks for your IBtanked tool. Use it to install your new (dry) carto, lubing the tool with a bit of juice-it really saves wear & tear on those inner orings. Start your installation, but go ahead & fill the tank to capacity before pushing it all the way through. Leave the tank tool on, you'll be using it now as a drip tip. Put your finger on the bottom end of the carto, pushing hard enough to seal off any airflow (this can take a bit of trial & error), put the tip in your mouth and suck the juice into the carto via the feed holes to prime it. Pop the tool off to check for filler saturation. Repeat until the filler looks good, then refill the tank one last time. This is by far the best/fastest way I've found to prime. You're getting the juice exactly where it needs to be without relying on gravity or centrifugal force.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread