Your Stealth Setup for On the Go...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I have been into vaping about six months now (I know, still wet behind the ears) and I was wondering what folks like to use when they are out and about.

For home use and in the car, I use a VTR (which I love) and Protanks (II and Mini). But when I'm at work or out for the evening, I needed something with decent capacity, no leaks, good flavor, and easy to vape and carry.

So I have settled upon a Kanger EVOD. It works great for me because I already have the Protanks, and they all use the same heads. I have had zero leaks in my pocket (although I do rip the stock wick out and rebuild with cotton), decent performance, and love the small profile. I use the EVOD on a little 400 Ego battery.

I can carry it all broken down in an Altoids tin with thin foam lining (no rattles). I can fit the EVOD, 400 battery, small glass juice bottle, and a small USB charger. Takes up about the same room as a pack of cigs used to.

I know there are far more expericenced vapers out there, but if you are new like me, just want somethings that works (and is cheap), I recommend you give the setup a try. You can always play with the fun stuff around the house... :2cool:

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Nice call on the evod setup - they punch well over their weight and are so compact. Had to giggle about your transport kit - it reminded me of a sniper in the movies (carrying a case with the rifle broken down).

Myself, I rock a Reo mini 2.1 for those need-to-be-inconspicuous times. It's quite small (in the hand or in the pocket), holds 3 ml of juice, and allows me the drip experience without the hassle or extra things to carry. It's also nigh indestructable. I have a rebuildable atty (the RM2) on it, but you can use disposable dripping atties or even cartos.

catlady60

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Nazareth, PA
I use an MVP 1 with either Protank II's or Iclear 16's when I'm at home or in the car as a passenger.

I have a couple of Egos with CE5 clearos for when I'm on the go, especially when I'm driving (it's a bit difficult to handle an MVP when you're driving a stick shift). I can easily stash the ego in my bra in winter; it keeps the batt, the clearo, and the juice warm enough to work.

Last edited:

aelwero

Nov 9, 2013
texas
I use an E-roll at work... it was my first starter, and it's a great replacement for analogs :) same "pack" (PCC), same time for a smoke break (the battery will run for about 5-10 minutes on a charge), and it hits really well for being so small. Only drawbacks are that it's a tad heavy, and the center part where you normally hold an analog gets hot enough to burn skin.

I had originally planned on gradually switching over, but I haven't smoked a single analog since buying the e-roll kit at all. It worked to fulfill both the cravings and the mental "habit" part of smoking for me.

sneakerpimp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
The O.C.
12298319265_d9187ba375.jpg

simple eGo with 15mm IBTanked.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
I use an E-roll at work...

Same here, the eRoll goes everywhere with me, the PCC looks enough like an iPhone to avoid notice ...

Just ordered the Halo G6, read good reviews here on ECF. Its got over 3 times the battery capacity (280 mAh) and a 1ml tank ...

Also carrying the Ovale Elips, I really like the warm quality of the vapor, and its not a cigalike, doesn't arouse any violent reactions from co-workers if they catch a glimpse of it. Looks a little like a felt tip highlighter ...

Sadly, I work in an extremely smoke-hostile environment, vaping and smoking are considered one and the same ... :(

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Thanks for the info sir, greatly appreciated.

I have been searching for a while about the exact "toughness" of a Reo. Got to admit, I want one, but need to learn more about squeezing your juice method.

Juice squeezing - squonking - is easier than it sounds. There's a hole in the faceplate of the mod that lets you pinch the juice bottle with your thumb. You just give it a squeeze and release - the excess juice is sucked back into the bottle. Your wick is now wet and you vape as you would with a dripper (3 to 5 toots and then squonk again).

As for toughness, they're made from a single block of aluminum and in the event of catastrophe, every working part is replaceable. No PCB's to wonk out, no wires involved.

It's maybe not for everyone, but those of us who like them, like them better than any other device (ego's, APV's, mech mods, you name it).

Juice squeezing - squonking - is easier than it sounds. There's a hole in the faceplate of the mod that lets you pinch the juice bottle with your thumb. You just give it a squeeze and release - the excess juice is sucked back into the bottle. Your wick is now wet and you vape as you would with a dripper (3 to 5 toots and then squonk again).

As for toughness, they're made from a single block of aluminum and in the event of catastrophe, every working part is replaceable. No PCB's to wonk out, no wires involved.

It's maybe not for everyone, but those of us who like them, like them better than any other device (ego's, APV's, mech mods, you name it).

I always wondered what happened to the extra juice, sounds like an easy setup. Might just have to take another look at picking one up after payday...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread