Question for some of the older Reonauts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miarose

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
West Chester, PA
Hey reonauts! I'm looking at you older ones, no disrespect whatsoever! I'm not an old reonaut, but over the past year I've had increasing issues with my hands. I get swelling in my fingers, and off and on pain to the point where it can be difficult to hold things, even like a fork. Of course I have to keep using my hands to eat and vape, but it can be very painful.
I already use my thumb to sqounk and that seems to help. Do any of you have some tips when it comes to filling your juice bottles? Or long periods of pressing the vape button and holding your mod?

:wub:

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Hey reonauts! I'm looking at you older ones, no disrespect whatsoever! I'm not an old reonaut, but over the past year I've had increasing issues with my hands. I get swelling in my fingers, and off and on pain to the point where it can be difficult to hold things, even like a fork. Of course I have to keep using my hands to eat and vape, but it can be very painful.
I already use my thumb to sqounk and that seems to help. Do any of you have some tips when it comes to filling your juice bottles? Or long periods of pressing the vape button and holding your mod?

:wub:
Miarose, I think you will really, really like the buttons on the Wood REOs. They're very ergonomic. I have no trouble with my hands, but I always squonk with my thumb.

Last edited:

Miarose

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
West Chester, PA
HRH will take the door off to squonk since it allows her more access to the bottle. You could also use a button cover if you use a metal Reo.

T
hmm. taking the door off to squonk at home is definetly a good idea. thank you :)

Miarose, I think you will really, really like the buttons on the Wood REOs. They're very ergonomic. I have no trouble with my hands, but I always squonk with my thumb.

i'm really looking forward to the button being in a different spot!

Miarose

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
West Chester, PA
I use my middle finger to squonk, it seems to hurt less than using my thumb. I wish I would have gotten the button cover sooner. I do have pretty bad arthritis in my hands.

you feel the button cover makes a significant difference? i think i have one laying around actually.

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
You can also tilt the Reo on it's side, slide the door up halfway, put your thumb on the bottle, then tilt upright. you can now squonk a bit easier and when you remove your thumb the door drops into place and the magnets grab it. with practice I can now slide the door up with my thumb without tilting.

Miarose

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
West Chester, PA
You can also tilt the Reo on it's side, slide the door up halfway, put your thumb on the bottle, then tilt upright. you can now squonk a bit easier and when you remove your thumb the door drops into place and the magnets grab it. with practice I can now slide the door up with my thumb without tilting.

i actually cannot do that.. my doors will not go up. it hits the very bottom of my rm2's. it's like that in all my minis.

Miarose

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
West Chester, PA
Sorry, I only have grands, didn't know the door hits on the mini.:facepalm:
haha its ok. i feel like the doors USED to go up. lol

The button cover makes a huge difference imo! I"ve always squonked with my thumb - don't know how I'd do it any other way :)

i def gotta put it on one then!
i have a bad habit of holding the mini with my thumb on one side, other fingers on the other side and pinky underneath, and using my middle finger to squonk.

karmakatie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
MO
you feel the button cover makes a significant difference? i think i have one laying around actually.

The button cover is definately more comfortable! Today has been a good test today as I am having a pretty heavy arthritis day with a snow storm moving through. The larger surface area makes it seem easier to press, at the least it spreads out the pressure.

Miarose

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
West Chester, PA
My hands are bad too. Especially my right hand. I have the air hole pointed toward the button with the button away from me and use my forefinger to push the button. I don't have any problem squonking with my thumb though.

when i first got my reos i tried all different ways. my air holes seem to want to face either the door or completely opposite the door. so i got used to holding it and using my thumb to use the button, and then just move my thumb down to sqounk, or i flip it around and use my middle finger.

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
I read some one say they put a little felt pad inside the reo behind the bottle. That way when you press the bottle it presses from the back side also. Seems like it would take less of a press with this. Haven't tried it myself and cant remember who posted it but it might be worth a try.

Awesome idea - must try it!

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
Mia- my right hand went completely numb a few years ago due to nerve damage. (yep, i was right-handed) my left hand has numb fingertips due to carpal tunnel. i don't think i have yet suffered arthritis, but thanks to the numbness, i may never know.

the only real tip i have for the 3 ml bottles is that the 6 ml in the grand are far, far easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread