Status
Not open for further replies.

cbrite

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Are you sure you have a cold? It could be that you are allergic to something in the juice. I have seen many people post that they are allergic to PG and have to use straight PV juices. Also, I know that in the past when I tried to quit smoking, my sinuses would start clearing and I had a runny nose for weeks. I haven't had that problem with the e-cigs, but it's another possibility.

As above, you may be allergic or sensitive to something in your liquid, be it a flavoring or PG or whatever. A trip to the doctor or allergist might be in order.

But if it's an obvious series of colds, infections, and whatnot, well...spring is coming. It's been an awful winter, and even I managed to get pneumonia (of the ear, scarily enough) this year.

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
I read somewhere that when you quit for some reason you are more prone to getting colds. i dont know. I am sure it is a cold cause i get the fever and all the cold symptoms. last about a week and i am good again. I know the weather has not helped things this year and I have had a ton of stress too which i am sure is not helping. Could just be coinencidence that i keep getting sick. Not sick enough to see a dr but sick enough to feel like poo. My head is just so congested. lol

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
I just the other day caught the Flu going around, I was hoping since Vapeing I could allude it, but alas I'm sick, but first time in over a year which is good for me.

Sorry to hear that youre feeling unwell. The good news is I bet you recover from it way faster than when you were a smoker.:)

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
You either didn't say how long you've been smoke-free or I missed it. I found just the opposite with improved health after just a few weeks... really rather dramatic actually. Then I hit a wall at six months and it scared me for a while until I researched and found it was most likely a combo of too much flavoring and detoxing from smokes (I hadn't totally quite them and when I got down to 2 or 3 a day the detoxing hit... it was horrid and scarey.) I think everyone's body is different and for some of us it requires becoming somewhat of a Sherlock Holmes to figure out what's going on.

Penn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
In the wilderness
Are you sure you have a cold? It could be that you are allergic to something in the juice. I have seen many people post that they are allergic to PG and have to use straight PV juices. Also, I know that in the past when I tried to quit smoking, my sinuses would start clearing and I had a runny nose for weeks. I haven't had that problem with the e-cigs, but it's another possibility.

Early stages withdrawals and allergies could be the issue. I know when I first started one of my flavors was a cream flavor (like cream soda type cream) and I discovered that causes tightness in my chest.

By the way - Why do you have a picture of Kordell Stewart as your avatar?

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
I think it could just be the bi polar weather we are having this year. I dont know. It could also be age. lol I am not as young as I once was. lol It is getting better. At least now i can taste things. I had to sleep on the couch last night cause the coughing just would not stop. It is going away rather quickly. Maybe it is just my body getting rid of all the toxins. Sure hope this gets better. I hate being sick and trying to work. Ugh! Thanks everyone for your input. If this keeps happening I will go see my doctor. Just right now I am trying to make sure my wife is ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread