Not open for further replies.

Muggs

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
CT
www.advancesmart.com
I came for the pic. That Zenkote is nice looking.

gold-zen-coat-provari.jpg

darkgear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Islands in the middle of the sea
It's only $30 more. It's a finish that is more durable than ANY other out there. Proof?

I've carried this flashlight on my keys for over a year. It is vapor deposition coated(nearly the same process as ZenKote. ZenKote is better). It has been subjected to keys, coins, knives, Provari's, drops on concrete. It's is still nearly perfect. Look at the difference between that and the other light that is Type III Hard anodized. Which is harder than the current ProVari Cerakote.

pyek5.jpg

When the manufacturer of the light told me it was a tough finish, i highly doubted it. Most gold plated finished have terrible durability. This one, this process, made me a believer.

When I first found out ZenKote was the same process. I was excited that one day I'd have PV with this durable finish and it's HERE!

Gold might not be your thing but ZenKote itself IS WORTH IT.

Last edited:

Gato del Jugo

ProVarinati
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2013
US o' A
It's only $30 more.

How do you figure? $30 more than cerakote? Satin silver w/red LED & extension cap = $177

That's $53 more for ZenKote, at least in my book..

Gold might not be your thing but ZenKote itself IS WORTH IT.

Fully aware of ZenKote's properties..

Also fully aware of what it costs to coat these things

At $230 (additional $53), one would hope that other more-costly colors like gun-metal & sapphire will soon be available, i.e., gold is "subsidizing" the other ZenKotes... I've noticed ProVape sometimes has a history of putting out the "lesser" items out 1st (like how they trickle out certain color combos in Clearance).. Hopefully they're doing the same with these, as well

cdsaint66

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Goodfield, IL
I think the ZenKote is worth the extra cost. I'd prefer a mini without the battery extension cap, but I'll live with it. I would guess that if the body and cap are from different batches, or even located too far apart in the same batch there might be a noticeable difference in the color of the finish, so it would make sense to pair them at the time of manufacture. But I'll hold out for Gunmetal or one of the blue finishes. The gold is just too..... gold. Rose Gold..... maybe.

I had hoped for more of an exciting result from a Zen/Provari collaboration, but the addition of ZenKote to a Provari just makes it that much better looking and with a nearly indestructible finish. I get more fired up about it the more I think about it.

Last edited:

Gato del Jugo

ProVarinati
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2013
US o' A
satin silver is ALWAYS less than a color,,,,,,I believe they charge an extra 20.00 for the color, no???

Satin silver does not have cerakote.. w/red LED & no extension, it's the base model... $160
Throw in the extension? $177

Polished stainless doesn't have cerakote, either.. but there's an additional step to get it that way, so therefore just as expensive as a cerakote (black, bronze, hybrid, etc.), which is also an additional step

$177 is, in my eyes, the correct base price to compare the ZenKote to

$230 minus $177 = $53

That's a $53 finish :)

Gato del Jugo

ProVarinati
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2013
US o' A
I had hoped for more of an exciting result from a Zen/Provari collaboration, but the addition of ZenKote to a Provari just makes it that much better looking and with a nearly indestructible finish. I get more fired up about it the more I think about it.

I'm not so sure that's the only end-result of Zen/ProVape for this go-around..

At the very least, especially with the $230 price-tag, I'm thinking we might be getting the other ZenKote colors at some point, too

And there's a chance that it didn't stop with just the finish(es).. guess we'll have to wait & see...

naturecannon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Oregon City, Oregon
On a positive note I would considering purchasing one for sure, Just not the Gold. I never was a big gold guy....... but black and silver OH ya. Black and silver Provari owner and I have a Dodge Ram I cherish and baby (to the point of making wife jealous) which is Silver with a touch of black here and there. I say come on ZEN SILVER, please be next.

I can also see why they choose gold for the introduction....... But wish is was white gold LOL.

Have fun Gold lovers, at least it is a decent looking gold according to the pics :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread