Mini Pipe atomizer review....the results are in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
OK, this might be a bit long but I think it's worth the read. To start....I just love this thing! With a good batt and coupled with the right atomizer, this is smokin' bliss.

I did own the SD and my quick comparison is this: The SD is a great little device....great vapor and throat hit, plus great battery life. However, I just had too many problems with the switch....because it was on the bottom. I firmly believe if the switch was on the side as my other switch devices, I would not have had so many issues. But as it stood, I just could not get a consistent hit off the thing. Pushing on the button with one finger yielded sometimes a hit, sometimes not. I even tried it with 2 hands to keep it more steady....that seemed better but still not consistent enough for me. And that was impossible for me to do while driving....and a pain even while on the net.

That being said, I feel the mini pipe delivers as good amount of vapor and throat hit....and so far my battery has lasted all day (although I've been alternating with my passthrough too). OK, so on with the results...

I think there was a little problem here to begin with. First pipe atomizer on a fresh battery tried both with a cart and without: very little vapor and no throat hit. Same with the second new one....although after blowing that one out a couple of times, I got it working and am using it now. If they get worse quickly, I will certainly write Smilin about it. I might try cleaning both of them first though. But at first, I had nothing like what you guys were talking about with vapor and throat hit.

Note that when I tested these, I used already working good ata...not brand new ones because I did not want to go through the breaking in period. Instead, I thought it better to just use one I already knew was reliable on another device. The results sound kind of weird (even to me!), and you might be surprised...but it is what it is.

1) I took one of my best working black penstyle ats and tried it with both the cart on and cart off. Nothing....no good. Not even any smoke. This is a 4 hole atomizer and one of my best ones on my other pens....but not on the pipe. I have no idea what model it is (801 or RN) but I am pretty sure it came from Puresmoker.

2) I have a silver at with a black band, I believe is from Puresmoker as well. Another one...nothing. This at is a beaut on my penstyle...but produces no smoke on the pipe.

3) Now here's a kicker....my silver at with a silver band...I believe I ordered from Beci at bestecig.com I tried 2 that I am using right now on other pens and I liked it so much on the pipe, I went and ordered a 5 pack from Beci and will let you know how they work when received. I tried to see what the difference was between the black and silver bands. All I could see is the silver one has a bit of a larger hole there (the main hole to the battery).

4) Now it gets even better! I have some white ats with a black band also from Puresmoker. They are awesome with the pipe! And if this is what you guys were talking about (which I didn't get from my actual pipe ats)...then I see exactly what you mean! Funny thing is...I am not so crazy about them on my pens....but on the pipe....totally different story. I tried them on 3 used white ats and they were perfect. I went to PS and see they were out of them but along with my order for the silver ones from Beci, I also ordered one white at. But the ones from Beci have a silver band. I will be very interested to see if they work and will let you know when I try it.

5) I recently purchased an 801KLR. This at also works on the pipe, a lot like the silver one with the silver band....good but not great like the white ones. But I can't tell what the difference is between this one and my other black ats. They are interchangeable and work on the KLR but not on the pipe. Sounds weird, doesn't it?

6) I saw someone say their Janty 304 worked. No way on mine! Nothing...nada...could barely get the LED to light up....and I tried tightening and loosening it too. I tried so hard I got a pain inside my ears, so I ditched that. That was my KB at....certainly didn't work for me.

OK...so that was it. I would have ordered a black at from Beci to try but I had a bunch of those and gave them to my brother because they were 2 holers and I prefer the 4 holers. I might be able to get one back from him to try. If I do, I'll let you all know.

So my question: Have any of you tried yours with a white one from PS? If so, how was it? I also see that the uk site sells the white with black band. Has anyone tried theirs? If not, I would try at least one and see what you think.

But as far as I am concerned...with a working atomizer....these things are da bomb. My next purchase will be the jantystick and if that performs well, I will be getting rid of all my pens. I will use my 2 KB passthroughs (one for work and one for home).....my 2 KB manual pens.....my 2 Dura manuals....my 2 pipes....and the jantystick. That's my plan anyway! Don't forget....I carry 8 devices with me a day.

Well guys, thanks for reading. Hope this helped. I hope you will add your at results here as well so we can see what works and what doesn't. And I'm not modding anything so I hope we can all find something that works for the best price.....as is.

Lu

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
I am not sure why you don't like the actual mini pipe atomizer .....touch wood mine has lasted a week so far and gives out vapour like a steam train.. although I have found it's very important to have the carts topped up with just the right amount of juice, I have found that if I overfill it can take quite a while to get the atomizer to give off much vapour but once it gets going it's absolutely ages before it needs topping up again.

Mind you I am glad to know there are other atomizers that fit ok...just in case they are hard to come by.

Last edited:

Vince1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Down South, USA.
Lu, to get the 801 atomizers to work you have to file or grind the band down a little. the band hits the pipe body and stops the internal connector from connecting. I've done this to mine and they work great, much better then the factory atomizers. I even put a couple small notches in the band to allow for more air flow. After modifying they still work on the 801 stuff.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
I am not sure why you don't like the actual mini pipe atomizer .....touch wood mine has lasted a week so far and gives out vapour like a steam train.. although I have found it's very important to have the carts topped up with just the right amount of juice, I have found that if I overfill it can take quite a while to get the atomizer to give off much vapour but once it gets going it's absolutely ages before it needs topping up again.

It's not I don't like them Pete....they're just not working right. I wish they would work! But I'll try them again with what you said here. I had tried them with the carts supplied and when that didn't work, I topped them off. Maybe I overfilled. I'm still playing around with them anyway.

Lu

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
It's not I don't like them Pete....they're just not working right. I wish they would work! But I'll try them again with what you said here. I had tried them with the carts supplied and when that didn't work, I topped them off. Maybe I overfilled. I'm still playing around with them anyway.

Lu

Let us know if you have any luck because the atomizer I have is absolutely amazing. ...I am actually able to just sit back and enjoy a vape at last without spending all my time and effort trying to get the vapour cloud just right. ...it really is like 'smoking' now.

sanneke

Moved On
May 28, 2008
USA
i'm going to give you gentlemen just one week to figure all this out. lol
i want to get one but i want it to work. thanks for all your effort so far.

I have 4 of them, all with the origional atomizer
I have NO problem with any of them.

I tried all of them, then put 3 of them in a closet for later use.

I have used the same atomizer for over a week now, and it works like a charm.

:D

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
i'm going to give you gentlemen just one week to figure all this out. lol
i want to get one but i want it to work. thanks for all your effort so far.

Well candygirl I have only had my mini-pipe for one week and a day, so it's far too early to say for sure.....but at the moment it works so well for me that I am wondering how it was that I never gave up with the whole idea of vaping for the two months that I had another popular e-cig, it was so much trouble to keep it working right.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Lu it's was probably me that mentioned the 304 atomizer working on the mini pipe and it does. Mine is not a KB though, bought it through the Vayorguys.

I find the mini pipe atomizer works fine, but I think the KR108's work better.

I dub mine the PenPipe...

I don't think the vaporguys were 304 ats. They were just generics you could use with the 304. I haven't heard much about KR108s. Where do they sell them?

Lu

Charlie Cheese

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
LongIsland NY USA
I have two penstye atomizers from puresmoker (white with black ring) they both work great on batteries
one don't work on the mini pipe the other works great. the atomizer that came with the pipe works good also with a little harder draw.I love the rubber tips. I have the screwdriver also and trog makes it with a new switch now. The placement works great. I also have 9 mini pipes that are still in the boxes haven't tested them yet.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
I have two penstye atomizers from puresmoker (white with black ring) they both work great on batteries
one don't work on the mini pipe the other works great.

Why do you think one works and the other doesn't? Same atomizers, right?

the atomizer that came with the pipe works good also with a little harder draw.

I agree, it is a harder draw than the white ats.

I love the rubber tips.

Me too!

I have the screwdriver also and trog makes it with a new switch now. The placement works great.

Did he change the location of it?

I also have 9 mini pipes that are still in the boxes haven't tested them yet.

Well, guess you have a lot of testing to do then....LOL

Lu

Charlie Cheese

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
LongIsland NY USA
Why do you think one works and the other doesn't? Same atomizers, right?
Same atomizers ordered them at the same time but looking at them the one that doesn't work seems to have the atomizer slightly deeper. If I file 1/64 of an inch I think it will work.

I have the screwdriver also and trog makes it with a new switch now. The placement works great.

Did he change the location of it?
no same location better switch it works every time the old one would miss fire half the time. I had to wiggle it some times to get it to work with the new one works every time and you don't have to press it hard at all.

Silver

ɹǝʌןıs
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2008
New Zealand
I have not come across any penstyle atomizer yet that doesn't work with the Lady Pipe.

Artomizers I've used with it so far: Sedansa Diva, Janty Classic, Janty KB, PartySmoker penstyle, generic DSE801 and of course the atomizer that comes with the pipe. I've made no modifications whatsoever.

The atomizer that comes with the Lady Pipe, IMO, gives the very best flavour of all of them, absolutely love it !!

Cheers,
Silver

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
I have not come across any penstyle atomizer yet that doesn't work with the Lady Pipe.

Artomizers I've used with it so far: Sedansa Diva, Janty Classic, Janty KB, PartySmoker penstyle, generic DSE801 and of course the atomizer that comes with the pipe. I've made no modifications whatsoever.

The atomizer that comes with the Lady Pipe, IMO, gives the very best flavour of all of them, absolutely love it !!

Cheers,
Silver

You must be one lucky fella then.

Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread