Need help deciding...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pman3255

Moved On
Feb 16, 2014
Texas
Hello everyone, I really need some help. I've called around to my local vape stores and two of them have the provari in stock. One only has the mini in stock in colors blue bronze and zombie for 190, and the other has both the satin silver provari and provari mini starter kits for 212 and 209 respectively. I know there are skins and stuff I can put over the silver, but is it really worth getting the silver and not the satin black like I was originally planning? It really wouldn't bother me too much because I could just use a skin, I just want to know what y'all think. Thanks.

KY_Rob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Kentucky
Personally, it's totally up to you ;)

I like to keep my ProVari's "naked". The Cerakote ProVape uses is tough as nails. Sounds to me like you want the satin black, so if I were you, I'd pull the trigger on that directly from ProVape.

It's less expensive that the B&M's, you get exactly what you want, and you get to stalk the mail man for a few days in wild anticipation :D

pman3255

Moved On
Feb 16, 2014
Texas
You need it TODAY?
If not, order direct from ProVape, the color you want...
But if you ARE in a hurry, it's OK - you can make your NEXT one black :D

Well, no, not exactly, I mean today wouldn't hurt right :p. And from what I've heard about these, I'm sure there are many more in my future.

Personally, it's totally up to you ;)

I like to keep my ProVari's "naked". The Cerakote ProVape uses is tough as nails. Sounds to me like you want the satin black, so if I were you, I'd pull the trigger on that directly from ProVape.

It's less expensive that the B&M's, you get exactly what you want, and you get to stalk the mail man for a few days in wild anticipation :D

Hahaha very true, yes. I'm not really 100% sold on black, as I don't really mind it and my tank is going to be that same silver finish the provari is so it might match nicely...

Decisions, decisions

Also - I'm pretty sold on the full provari. I know the mini is the same thing except for the battery, but I have big hands and I don't mind bringing out a slightly larger device for that extra battery power. Is this a smart way to go for me, or should I look deeper into whether or not the mini is a better option?

Thanks for the replies guys!

KY_Rob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Kentucky
You have to use a Tatroe ring with and extension cap...
depy5y4a.jpg

KY_Rob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Kentucky
I hear that all the time my decision is changing. It would just be nice to have the decision I think, for small or large ya know?

^This is exactly why I bought the mini. Don't get me wrong, I love it! But I can count on one hand the number of times I've used it in 18350 OR 18500 mode. 99% of the time, I use it just like it sits in the pic.

It is nice to have options though. Even if those options are never exercised ;)

pman3255

Moved On
Feb 16, 2014
Texas
^This is exactly why I bought the mini. Don't get me wrong, I love it! But I can count on one hand the number of times I've used it in 18350 OR 18500 mode. 99% of the time, I use it just like it sits in the pic.

It is nice to have options though. Even if those options are never exercised ;)

Haha yes exactly, the choice is a great thing. There's no point in buying a full now imho because if a mini does everything a full can do and more then why buy the full? I'm not a whole design geek so I'm not really in it for the looks, I'm in it for the performance.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Right - with a mini, you can do 18350, or 18490 with an extension cap, or 18650 with a ring and an extension cap (or with 2 rings and the regular cap...etc).
With a standard, you cannot do 18350.

I bought a mini first, as one MAIN reason I got it was to have a more compact device. But I found I almost always went with 18490 mode (that's still compact enough!) - so my second one, I got a standard. Now I can do all three sizes - but I almost always use them both with 18490's after all. That size is just my favorite - lasts long enough for a work day, but tucks nicely into a jacket pocket...

pman3255

Moved On
Feb 16, 2014
Texas
Right - with a mini, you can do 18350, or 18490 with an extension cap, or 18650 with a ring and an extension cap (or with 2 rings and the regular cap...etc).

I bought a mini first, as one MAIN reason I got it was to have a more compact device. But I found I almost always went with 18490 mode (that's still compact enough!) - so my second one, I got a standard. Now I can do all three sizes - but I almost always use them both with 18490's after all. That size is just my favorite - lasts long enough for a work day, but tucks nicely into a jacket pocket...

Ohhh I see your reasoning.

I didn't really think about that. I don't think I will ever use an 18350 battery in my provari either so maybe the full could be well suited towards someone like me. My brain is going to explode so much to consider when picking a device.

I really appreciate all this help though its been really good and it is all very much appreciated!

RebelGolfer72

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA

It's just funny, that ProVape just got it right all along. The regular model, stock battery is the 18490, and that battery just seems to be the perfect size....enough power to go a full day, yet small enough to keep the ProVari conveniently small

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pman3255

Moved On
Feb 16, 2014
Texas
Congrats!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you! Too bad this sub forum is going down though.. :(

I seen you scooped up that nice Provari in the classifieds. I couldn't beat you to it :( . Soon as it was posted people were fighting over it..LOL

Hahahah yes they probably were! The guy who sold it to me is super nice, and I thought the bundle and all for the price was unbeatable. It worked out really well, and in perfect timing I might add.

He said it's been used for less than a year, but I see people posting about how they've had theirs forever, and never given them any problems. So my thought is, hey I mean this looks like a good deal and even though it's used a provari is a provari and should work just as well for me now than a new one would or close to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread