Can you tell me if this looks ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedoitall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Clay, West Virginia, USA
More/less cotton? Coil positioning ? Wick positioning ? I would appreciate any and all advice . This is an igo w with drilled out air holes. vaping on a mech ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394486303.207006.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394486317.298740.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394486336.852824.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smlexy

Apr 3, 2013
New York, NY, USA
More/less cotton? Coil positioning ? Wick positioning ? I would appreciate any and all advice . This is an igo w with drilled out air holes. vaping on a mech View attachment 313981 View attachment 313982 View attachment 313983

I'd use less cotton on the tails and density. For me i cut the cotton at about deck width or just long enough to tuck under the coil, and for thickness you want it to have just a little resistance when threading through. If your getting a funny taste wash your hands before handling the cotton. If you still get a funny taste try boiling the cotton a couple times.

wedoitall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Clay, West Virginia, USA
You can also tr moving the coils a bit towards the center next time for easier stuffing and cleaner look. (Not to mention getting more air directly on the coil rather than on an angle)

You mean center between the posts or pushing toward the posts? That's another thing I was for sure about, How long or short I should make the legs .

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I actually just cut the tails as Smexly suggested the width of the deck and vape is great. I think I'm gonna move the coils up just a fuzz. That way they can get alil more air over the coils . It was alil warm

Moving the coils up will increase TH. Like others say above, closer to the edge of the deck and air source will produce a better vape with less TH.

The heat is not caused by coil position, it is that the resistance is lower than your sweet spot. To reduce heat you would want to increase resistance :)

And FYI those look a little bigger in diameter than a micro coil.

Here's a fact sheet to clear up the confusion created by the you tube vid jocks:
ujysaty8.jpg

wedoitall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Clay, West Virginia, USA
Moving the coils up will increase TH. Like others say above, closer to the edge of the deck and air source will produce a better vape with less TH.

The heat is not caused by coil position, it is that the resistance is lower than your sweet spot. To reduce heat you would want to increase resistance :)

And FYI those look a little bigger in diameter than a micro coil.

Here's a fact sheet to clear up the confusion created by the you tube vid jocks:
ujysaty8.jpg

Thanks that helps a bunch and expanded my noobular mind :) I used the smallest rod in the artistic gizmo set . I measured it at 0.062"/1.59 mm on my calipers .

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Thanks that helps a bunch and expanded my noobular mind :) I used the smallest rod in the artistic gizmo set . I measured it at 0.062"/1.59 mm on my calipers .

Oh that's the perfect size rod :). Good work. Photos can be deceiving :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread