I joined this forum for this post--TW Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheEggMan

Apr 11, 2010
San Francisco
I hope it can be moved to the Totally Wicked Supplier Review thread, but I guess I'll also introduce myself.

I'm 23 and I am almost going on a whole month without an analog cigarette. :) I bought a pair of Titan 510s and then quickly learned I would need to buy some eqliquid. I found totally wicked online and quickly placed an order. Now at this time I was running on fumes from the 5 free cartridges I got with my Titans. So I am a little, "on edge". As a final act of resistance to burning dead plant matter, I bought a Xhale 02 from my local 7-11. Four days go by.

>>
Hey I called today about receiving someone else's package. My order
was the Mixing Kit and the Manual Mega battery for the Titan. I
received someone else's PCC and 5 Battery Multi-pack Automatic MEGA
Power. I requested express shipping to make sure I can get my hands
on my eliquid as soon as possible, but I was also realizing that I
will need to order a mega atomizer for my titan in order to use this
new manual battery. I was going to order it from you, but I am also
looking to see if it is available elsewhere. I am looking at other
vendors, but I do have a lot of expectations for your quality
products. Looking forward to receiving my package-

Thank you for anything extra to keep me coming back, :)
>>

Later that day-

>>
Hello Jeremy,
I just shipped your order out this morning so you will definitely have it to you asap. If you would like you can order the manual battery from us. We don't have complaints about our product so i assure you we have the best. =] If you have any further questions don't hesitate to give us a call back. And again I apologize about the mix up with your order.
Best regards,
>>

Three days later...

>>
Noemi-

Bad news. Second order (rush shipped) got here three days after.
Took longer than my package that was not rush shipped. And my invoice
says 510 Titan Mega Battery : Platinum. But the one you sent me was
black. It doesn't match my titan. But don't worry, as disappointed
as I was about my order being bungled, I sent back the $70 in
merchandise you sent me in error. I could have kept it out of spite.
So from this I can assume one of two things:

1. You are receiving too many orders to fill any of them accurately.
2. No one is checking orders before they are sent.

If 1 is the case, I would hope that you have some strategy for
recovering me as a customer. Remember, I could have just kept a fully
functional PCC and a 5-mega bat pack. And I understand that when you
get flooded with a huge volume, everyone makes mistakes. So if this
is the case, you should be able to send me a "I'm sorry" gift or
something. (You can afford it, you can't afford to keep losing
customers to your mistakes).

If 2 is the case, this email will probably be ignored too and you'll
lose a customer.

This is an opportunity for you.
>>

Three more days, and we have come to this post but still no reply from Totally Wicked. I think the story speaks for itself.

candre23

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2010
NJ
chipandre.com
If you do some poking around these forums, you'll find a lot of similar stories about TW's customer service. Not in the TW forum itself (they have mod privileges there and delete all the complaints), but elsewhere. The general consensus is that TW has gotten big enough that they don't feel they need to bother with supporting their customers. They get enough orders and have a high enough markup that it's cheaper for them to simply ignore the problems and lose a few customers here and there.

If you want good service from guys who actually care about your ordering/vaping experience, try pretty much anybody else. It'll most likely be cheaper for you, and the smaller shops actually care enough about each customer to make sure everything goes smooth.

Sherrick

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
Blackwater, Kentucky USA
I understand your frustration. At the same time, your exchanges with them sure sound a lot like, "You better send me some free stuff, or I'm leaving." Why, after only an order or two, do you feel that you are entitled to free stuff? Do you get free stuff from Walmart if you take something back because it didn't fit as you thought it would?

portguy

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Portugal
TW has gone astray. They are on the commercial verge now. That really is good for companies (and there are more than enough) who still care about customers and have better prices for equal or better products.

Some companies (just as people) don´t really know how to grow. They grow outside and really don't care about the inner side.

And yes...being honest with these companies just makes you look like a damn fool... They should appreciate all customers and even more so the honest ones.

I really don't understand this type of business making. It's like they really prefer to have 100 new orders from non returning customers than 100 orders from satisfied returning clients that will comeback for more and do the marketing by passing the good word. It makes no sense.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
I hope it can be moved to the Totally Wicked Supplier Review thread, but I guess I'll also introduce myself.

I'm 23 and I am almost going on a whole month without an analog cigarette. :) I bought a pair of Titan 510s and then quickly learned I would need to buy some eqliquid. I found totally wicked online and quickly placed an order. Now at this time I was running on fumes from the 5 free cartridges I got with my Titans. So I am a little, "on edge". As a final act of resistance to burning dead plant matter, I bought a Xhale 02 from my local 7-11. Four days go by.

>>
Hey I called today about receiving someone else's package. My order
was the Mixing Kit and the Manual Mega battery for the Titan. I
received someone else's PCC and 5 Battery Multi-pack Automatic MEGA
Power. I requested express shipping to make sure I can get my hands
on my eliquid as soon as possible, but I was also realizing that I
will need to order a mega atomizer for my titan in order to use this
new manual battery. I was going to order it from you, but I am also
looking to see if it is available elsewhere. I am looking at other
vendors, but I do have a lot of expectations for your quality
products. Looking forward to receiving my package-

Thank you for anything extra to keep me coming back, :)
>>

Later that day-

>>
Hello Jeremy,
I just shipped your order out this morning so you will definitely have it to you asap. If you would like you can order the manual battery from us. We don't have complaints about our product so i assure you we have the best. =] If you have any further questions don't hesitate to give us a call back. And again I apologize about the mix up with your order.
Best regards,
>>

Three days later...

>>
Noemi-

Bad news. Second order (rush shipped) got here three days after.
Took longer than my package that was not rush shipped. And my invoice
says 510 Titan Mega Battery : Platinum. But the one you sent me was
black. It doesn't match my titan. But don't worry, as disappointed
as I was about my order being bungled, I sent back the $70 in
merchandise you sent me in error. I could have kept it out of spite.
So from this I can assume one of two things:

1. You are receiving too many orders to fill any of them accurately.
2. No one is checking orders before they are sent.

If 1 is the case, I would hope that you have some strategy for
recovering me as a customer. Remember, I could have just kept a fully
functional PCC and a 5-mega bat pack. And I understand that when you
get flooded with a huge volume, everyone makes mistakes. So if this
is the case, you should be able to send me a "I'm sorry" gift or
something. (You can afford it, you can't afford to keep losing
customers to your mistakes).

If 2 is the case, this email will probably be ignored too and you'll
lose a customer.

This is an opportunity for you.
>>

Three more days, and we have come to this post but still no reply from Totally Wicked. I think the story speaks for itself.

I think you have been more than fair with this company after receiving the wrong order and shipping it back to them.

Then getting your order but was not what you ordered,

And now no email responses from your last email..

I think they should send you something free as well as making your order right to begin with.

I do not order from them any longer as there are too many complaints and I've found sources that are cheaper and more worthy of my MONEY.

As far as wanting something for free.. YES< Id like something for free if they had messed up 2 orders sent to me.. I am sure if you'd gotten what you ordered in the first place, you would have been happy.

Take your biz somewhere else to someone that can get an order correct the first time.

There are too many companies out there to mess around with people that don't care about your business/

COMPANIES DO MAKE MISTAKES, BUT IT IS HOW THEY HANDLE IT THAT MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE..

Just an email to you that said sorry would have went a long way..

Sherrick

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
Blackwater, Kentucky USA
As a means of clarification, let me say this:

I, too, think the OP should be given some compensation for the messed up orders and the delays he experienced. My issue was more with the sense of him demanding something for free, as if it was owed to him. And, I also take issue with the phrase, "you can afford it."
How does the OP know?

Bottom line: The OP should receive something for his trouble and aggravation. I just think the demands for something free could have been handled with more tact.

Sherrick

portguy

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Portugal
Of course they can afford it. They didn't ask the OP to return the $70 order....

I had issues with them... the 1st one was as simple as this: i had ordered 2 Tornado kits (they took 10 days to arrive on a 28 day warranty). I was waiting oh the third kit from TW when, 30 days after my initial purchase, i found that 1 battery was malfunctioning after the initial charge. I could easily wait for my 3rd kit to arrive (or buy another one if had not) and tell them the last order had a DOA battery. NO i told them that after 30 days one battery was DOA. Answer was...too bad. No warranty now.

So...Janty got 5 orders of eGo's from my friends. Of course i am a newbie, but i was much more so when i found TW.
"you can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but you can't fool all of the people all of the time"

jjujju

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2010
USA
I've had poor customer service experience with TW also. Nothing turned out *terrible* but communication was like pulling teeth and I'm hesitant to order from them again due to their comparatively high prices, poor communication, and resistance to fixing problems.

The OP should be compensated in some way for the aggravation. It's very hard to ask for this, for me at least, and I'm not sure there is a completely tactful way to do it. When I was running my own business, when I messed something up or something happened to my shipment/product/etc. and a customer notified me, I ALWAYS either gave them a partial/shipping refund and/or a little goodie. People like to feel appreciated and like to feel their complaints are heard and CARED for.

portguy

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Portugal
I've had poor customer service experience with TW also. Nothing turned out *terrible* but communication was like pulling teeth and I'm hesitant to order from them again due to their comparatively high prices, poor communication, and resistance to fixing problems.

The OP should be compensated in some way for the aggravation. It's very hard to ask for this, for me at least, and I'm not sure there is a completely tactful way to do it. When I was running my own business, when I messed something up or something happened to my shipment/product/etc. and a customer notified me, I ALWAYS either gave them a partial/shipping refund and/or a little goodie. People like to feel appreciated and like to feel their complaints are heard and CARED for.

You are so right. That is why really good products/companies don't need advertising. They "just" deliver quality.

martha1014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
Delhi, LA USA
I thought on their site they had online answers to emails. I have asked questions and immediately received a response. I don't understand why they don't answer emails. Sometimes it says they are not onliine but a large percentage of the time they are available.

I have ordered from them numerous times but I have never had an order to get mixed up or any products that were defective.

TheEggMan

Apr 11, 2010
San Francisco
I understand your frustration. At the same time, your exchanges with them sure sound a lot like, "You better send me some free stuff, or I'm leaving." Why, after only an order or two, do you feel that you are entitled to free stuff? Do you get free stuff from Walmart if you take something back because it didn't fit as you thought it would?

Well I would include the transcript of the phone calls (I was not demanding on the phone, more like "Oh no, let's fix this together!"). I work in customer service. When someone asks for something and you give them something else, the onus is on you to not only replace and give them what they really wanted, but to SHOW them that you are sorry for the mistake. Not by saying sorry, but by offering free coupons or something of the sort. Ever been bumped from First Class? You get flight coupons. Have they ever messed up your drink at Starbucks? You get a free "customer recovery" coupon. I value my time, if I didn't I probably wouldn't have been so demanding. Maybe it's because I'm so adjusted to walking into a convenience store and leaving 5 bucks for a pack.

Also, Walmart has a no returns policy on opened stuff because all their stuff is such low quality. You know what you're paying for. TW bills themself as a supplier of "quality". If they don't deliver on that promise, it's false advertising plain and simple. I even had a little internal moral quarrel, I am planning on buying a PCC in the future, so I was soooo very tempted to just keep the one they sent me, but I sent in back in good faith hoping they would repair the relationship.

So maybe my own ideas of what a good company should do are creating a sense of entitlement in me. But I've learned over the years that saying thank you and hoping they will anticipate/meet your needs/hopes/expectations NEVER leaves you satisfied. I am upfront about my expectations because in my experience, if you aren't, no one else cares.

solnishko

Apr 9, 2010
Seattle
As a means of clarification, let me say this:

I, too, think the OP should be given some compensation for the messed up orders and the delays he experienced. My issue was more with the sense of him demanding something for free, as if it was owed to him. And, I also take issue with the phrase, "you can afford it."
How does the OP know?

Bottom line: The OP should receive something for his trouble and aggravation. I just think the demands for something free could have been handled with more tact.

Sherrick

I respectfully disagree.

I own a janitorial business that services both residential and commercial clients. If our job isn't done right, you better believe that I'll make up for it somehow. I'll come back ASAP, fix the job and throw in something extra, to apologize for the hassle. Whether it's an extra service, a gift card, a bouquet of flowers... if that's what it takes to rectify my mistake, I'm happy to do it. If a customer tells me that they expect something, I appreciate it. They let me know what I need to do to prove that I deserve their business. And, you bet I can afford to do something extra to satisfy a customer. What I can't afford is to lose their business.

skeetr

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
Roseville,ca
I recently returned a $170 order back to TW as it was someone elses and sent to me by mistake, ok minus the 5pack of 510 attys which I cut a check for. The invoice had the true recipients email so I sent them a heads up. TW responded to my email and sent me a paid shipping label as well as my order express mail. The process went fairly smooth really but that kindof sucks to see that it is not as rare as it should be.

Sherrick

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
Blackwater, Kentucky USA
I respectfully disagree.

I own a janitorial business that services both residential and commercial clients. If our job isn't done right, you better believe that I'll make up for it somehow. I'll come back ASAP, fix the job and throw in something extra, to apologize for the hassle. Whether it's an extra service, a gift card, a bouquet of flowers... if that's what it takes to rectify my mistake, I'm happy to do it. If a customer tells me that they expect something, I appreciate it. They let me know what I need to do to prove that I deserve their business. And, you bet I can afford to do something extra to satisfy a customer. What I can't afford is to lose their business.

I can see your point. Perhaps my perspective is different because in my business, people pay me for what I know more than for what I do. I fix computers. I would say on average, I get 50 phone calls a day from people who don't want to bring their computers in for me to look at and fix, but they want me to talk them through how to fix any number of problems over the phone.

I constantly hear, "It's just so easy for you. It'll only take a few minutes." So, can I afford to continue to give away this free service, even to customers who come back to me when things are particularly bad? No, I can't. It looks easy when I do it because I've spent the last 25+ years beating my head against the damn things all day long, every day. So, because I have the knowledge and they don't, and because it looks easy, and because it is not "goods" that I sell, but my own intellectual skills, it seems to have no value.

"It's just so easy for you. It'll only take a few minutes." Yeah, well feeding my family looks easy too, as well as keeping two boys in college and finding appropriate medical and therapeutic services for my severely autistic youngest son. It looks easy. From the outside. It doesn't look or feel quite so easy when my wife and I are doing it, though.

So, again, because the product I provide isn't a product at all many times, perhaps my viewpoint is somewhat skewed. I take care of my good customers, you bet I do. At the same time, I would hesitate to tell any other business owner what they can or cannot afford to do. Especially in this economy.

sanfordf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2010
Northern San Diego county
I can see your point. Perhaps my perspective is different because in my business, people pay me for what I know more than for what I do. I fix computers. I would say on average, I get 50 phone calls a day from people who don't want to bring their computers in for me to look at and fix, but they want me to talk them through how to fix any number of problems over the phone.

I constantly hear, "It's just so easy for you. It'll only take a few minutes." So, can I afford to continue to give away this free service, even to customers who come back to me when things are particularly bad? No, I can't. It looks easy when I do it because I've spent the last 25+ years beating my head against the damn things all day long, every day. So, because I have the knowledge and they don't, and because it looks easy, and because it is not "goods" that I sell, but my own intellectual skills, it seems to have no value.

"It's just so easy for you. It'll only take a few minutes." Yeah, well feeding my family looks easy too, as well as keeping two boys in college and finding appropriate medical and therapeutic services for my severely autistic youngest son. It looks easy. From the outside. It doesn't look or feel quite so easy when my wife and I are doing it, though.

So, again, because the product I provide isn't a product at all many times, perhaps my viewpoint is somewhat skewed. I take care of my good customers, you bet I do. At the same time, I would hesitate to tell any other business owner what they can or cannot afford to do. Especially in this economy.

The good ones always make it look easy. :)

solnishko

Apr 9, 2010
Seattle

I totally get where you're coming from. I've had a few people ask for free "trial cleanings" and take a pass on their business every time. I don't work for free and don't expect anyone else to. I was also a freelance multimedia developer and I lost count of the people and companies that expected me to produce work and, if they liked it, they'd pay for it. Uh, no. My time has value.

But, from the perspective of a business who relies on repeat customers, it makes sense to spend a few bucks, to make sure that a dissatisfied customer comes back. If I charge a client $175 per cleaning and have to spend $25 to make sure that they continue to spend that money with me, it's worth it. That $25 will translate into profit very easily and, more than likely, it'll translate into referrals, when that client tells their friends about the incident.

If a customer feels like they need to make their expectations known, I appreciate it. It's my choice whether to do what they want and keep their business or decline and cut them loose.

Blaze

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Kentucky

I can fully appreciate this, and completely empathize. In my particular neck of the woods, I happen to be the only person "good" with PC's, and have people ask my ALL the time to look at, fix, help them with their computers. Now, since computers are my passion, I USUALLY have no problems with it, especially if it'll only take me a few minutes to fix/describe the fix, but it's almost insulting that no one EVER thinks to reimburse me in any way for my time. Just because I love computers and everything computer related and have spent the last 15 years of my life learning everything I can about them doesn't mean I'm not without bills/kids to feed/a family to support, and also doesn't mean that I'm unwilling to accept a bit of financial restitution for my time or some other form of "payment". I really can't bring myself to ask....but maybe I should start.

I don't think your "expectations" were off base in the slightest.

The good ones always make it look easy. :)

I couldn't have said it any better myself :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread