Kayfun Leaky Gurgly After Filling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenho21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2012
The Mitten
Hey everyone, got my kayfun Lite+ v2 yesterday and been loving it! Having one small problem with it though. Everytime I fill it after it's either empty or I've rebuilt it, it leaks out of the air hole and gurgles. I just tip it on it's side or blow out a little bit and it goes away, but I'm wondering if there's a way to avoid this?

On a side note, does anyone run 100% VG juices through these? I put some Boba's in it and within a few minutes I toasted the cotton. Adjust the airflow maybe, didn't try? Might have just upped the volts a little too much though...

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Are you filling it from the top? If so, you're flooding the chamber when you screw the cap on. If you fill from the top, start the cap on a couple of threads, then flip it upside down and finish screwing the cap on. This way you avoid forcing liquid into the chamber. When it floods, put a tissue over the air hole, hold it upside down and blow through it to clear it out.

I prefer to fill mine from the bottom fill screw and avoid the flooding altogether.

Astarain

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
United States
Hey everyone, got my Kayfun Lite+ v2 yesterday and been loving it! Having one small problem with it though. Everytime I fill it after it's either empty or I've rebuilt it, it leaks out of the air hole and gurgles. I just tip it on it's side or blow out a little bit and it goes away, but I'm wondering if there's a way to avoid this?

On a side note, does anyone run 100% VG juices through these? I put some Boba's in it and within a few minutes I toasted the cotton. Adjust the airflow maybe, didn't try? Might have just upped the volts a little too much though...
How are you filling it? By taking the top cap off or removing the fill screw and filling from the bottom?

Edit: ^ Beat me to it.

Miata GT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Largo, FL
Hey everyone, got my Kayfun Lite+ v2 yesterday and been loving it! Having one small problem with it though. Everytime I fill it after it's either empty or I've rebuilt it, it leaks out of the air hole and gurgles. I just tip it on it's side or blow out a little bit and it goes away, but I'm wondering if there's a way to avoid this?

If I don't fill mine with a syringe and use the bottle it will do this. I think using the syringe keeps it from overfilling into the chamber, because, unlike the bottle tip, the fill hole is not blocked by the needle poking through, allowing excess juice to flow out. Just a guess since it seems consistant.

With a thicker juice you'll want to at least tighten the airflow to induce additional negative pressure in the chamber to help pull the juice in. I may also be too much power as well. What resistance coil and when are you pushing through it interms of volts/watts?

Kenho21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2012
The Mitten
I'm filling it from the bottom with a bottle. That's what I was thinking: filling from the bottom with a bottle doesn't allow airflow/juiceflow out of the chamber so it floods...

running 1.5Ω 28g a micro. Think I was at 4.1 or 4.2 when it singed the cotton. I'm pretty sure it was just a combo of slightly too little airflow and higher volts.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I'm filling it from the bottom with a bottle. That's what I was thinking: filling from the bottom with a bottle doesn't allow airflow out of the chamber so it floods...

running 1.5Ω 28g a micro. Think I was at 4.1 or 4.2 when it singed the cotton. I'm pretty sure it was just a combo of slightly too little airflow and higher volts.

Also be careful not to overfill it. I've noticed wicking issues when there isn't enough air space left in the tank.

When I fill mine from the bottom, I generally stop when the liquid gets just past the clear section.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
Also, one of the kayfuns flaws (which user error really, I know from experience) is that it's easy to rebuild it and think you have everything back together tight but its not. It looks normal but its not air tight. Double check everything.

Oh, and use a needle, not the bottle. I think the bottle can put too much pressure and blow juice through the system. I use a needle and put in 4ml.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
22/24ga needle - allows air to escape around it.
Leave Bubble - can draw excess out with syringe.
100% VG try a little less wick in the channel area. Allow VG to penetrate the chamber easier.
Add a 1/3rd width piece from cotton ball rolled and fitted around the inside of the Chimney tube. Acts as a reserve around the coil.

Kenho21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2012
The Mitten
22/24ga needle - allows air to escape around it.
Leave Bubble - can draw excess out with syringe.
100% VG try a little less wick in the channel area. Allow VG to penetrate the chamber easier.
Add a 1/3rd width piece from cotton ball rolled and fitted around the inside of the Chimney tube. Acts as a reserve around the coil.

Thanks for all the tips. I'll try those out next time and with a VG juice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Do you guys put anything on the threads? That oxy&&&& that is recommended for some PV's? Just thinking that it may help keep the vacuum with a bit of sealer? Haven't tried it myself.

Noalox? I wouldn't put it on any part that could come in contact with the juice. It's strictly for electrical connections and threads on mods, not atomizers.

Hey, you're near Detroit - me too.

Kenho21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2012
The Mitten
Noalox? I wouldn't put it on any part that could come in contact with the juice. It's strictly for electrical connections and threads on mods, not atomizers.

Hey, you're near Detroit - me too.

Yea, from Ann Arbor? Where are you at? I'm using tapatalk, so I can't see your location.

Kenho21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2012
The Mitten
So, now my first time rewicking and I'm getting dry hits. Same coil, only thing that could be different is the amount of cotton. Same juice and everything else. Nothing blocking juice channels...any ideas?

Even after tightening the airflow up a bit. But it was working perfectly yesterday at even a looser draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread