Advice on first super t purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

willvap3forfood

Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
chicago
I am looking to buy my first super-t mod. Before now I have only dealt with cheap china mods that ill be honest I dont do anything to maintain because I pay $40 tops.
I now have the funds to get a good mod and have decided on super-t based on cost and qaulity.
Any advice as to which super-t model to start off with and caring for and maintaning such mod?
Thanks!

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
You cant go wrong with any of the Simplicity. It comes in 3 sizes, it all depends on size and how often you like to change batteries. Amazing item, no frills but with amazing power and little fiddle factor. It is 20mm in diameter so for some its a bit limiting, but if you like to rebuild they do have the Super T Strata, its a large dripper style what can holds over a ml of juice. Its not a good beginners atty, but looks great on the Simplicity of course.

willvap3forfood

Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
chicago
You cant go wrong with any of the Simplicity. It comes in 3 sizes, it all depends on size and how often you like to change batteries. Amazing item, no frills but with amazing power and little fiddle factor. It is 20mm in diameter so for some its a bit limiting, but if you like to rebuild they do have the Super T Strata, its a large dripper style what can holds over a ml of juice. Its not a good beginners atty, but looks great on the Simplicity of course.
Im a dripper but wont invest in the strata just yet. Will most rdas fit?

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Most atomizers will work, its an adjustable 510 MOD. Its just that is 20mm in diameter so you kinda have to stick with that size or slimmer for a nice sleek look. I have used my Odysseus and KFL on the Simplicity. It looks a bit odd/ top heavy but works.

I usually use my Fatty V2 and Penelopes on the Simplicity.

Bmannator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2013
Washington USA
Im a dripper but wont invest in the strata just yet. Will most rdas fit?

Do yourself a favor and buy what is "in stock" I think they have 183's & 185's (my fav) right now....Anything else will have an "unspecified" wait time... there's been a lot of "angst" over wait times lately...You might want to check with them to get a realistic ETA before you place your order. No need to spoil your 1st experience by an unexpected wait. If you drip, you'll want to check out their drip tips. they're just the ticket on a 510 atty

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
I'd recommend looking for a used flat-capped Precise Plus. It's a minimalist and beautiful 20mm device that is dependable as the day is long. Drippers of the dimensions of the Immortalizer fit and look fantastic. Its only drawback is that it doesn't have an adjustable atomizer center post and sometimes you might have a gap between the atomizer and the mod. An updated version is planned for the future if you can wait an indefinite amount of time.

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
Do yourself a favor and buy what is "in stock" I think they have 183's & 185's (my fav) right now....Anything else will have an "unspecified" wait time... there's been a lot of "angst" over wait times lately...You might want to check with them to get a realistic ETA before you place your order. No need to spoil your 1st experience by an unexpected wait.

Real SuperT fans don't mind the long wait time. Makes it that much more special when you SuperT mod shows up ;)

guruguhan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Toronto, Canada
EDIT: I quoted the wrong thread here (initially Bmannator) - meant to quote original poster

I'm not sure what thought process others go through when buying a new mod, but for me the first question is what role will it serve? (on-the-go/around the house/pure luxury) - this question determines the size of mod I'm looking to buy.

I've never own a Precision Plus device, and don't really have any plans to. I much prefer the look of the ELA and Simplicities. The ELA is unique in the Super T line, so I think you'd know if that's the one you want. If I were to only get one Super T, I'd probably get it.

If, like me, you want at least two PVs for home and on-the-go I personally think the Simplicity 18350 is a thing of beauty and a great first buy. It's small and pocketable, many atomizers looks great on it, its available, and top quality.

FYI...though I have more than a couple Super Ts (and my collection is tiny compared to some of these guys...you know who you are)...I still use my egos on a regular basis.

Last edited:

Bmannator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2013
Washington USA
I'm not sure what thought process others go through when buying a new mod, but for me the first question is what role will it serve? (on-the-go/around the house/pure luxury) - this question determines the size of mod I'm looking to buy.

I've never own a Precision Plus device, and don't really have any plans to. I much prefer the look of the ELA and Simplicities. The ELA is unique in the Super T line, so I think you'd know if that's the one you want. If I were to only get one Super T, I'd probably get it.

If, like me, you want at least two PVs for home and on-the-go I personally think the Simplicity 18350 is a thing of beauty and a great first buy. It's small and pocketable, many atomizers looks great on it, its available, and top quality.

FYI...though I have more than a couple Super Ts (and my collection is tiny compared to some of these guys...you know who you are)...I still use my egos on a regular basis.

I'm "one of those guys" who might have a larger collection, but that's not the point. I too like the 18350 for its compactness, but the 145/185 size seems to "fit me a little better.. just a personal thing... I'm a big simplicity fan, mostly because it's been the current "model" since I've been hanging around here, and it's a wonderful device....
I do have an ELA on order, and hopefully the wait isn't going to be much longer... Now that you can't really get one, they're on the "unicorn list" And when they come up for sale again, I'm sure the list will be a mile long..I would order another, and wait as long as it took.
The Plus P is sort of a simplicity with an ELA bottom cap... you can't help but appreciate the craftsmanship.. I've picked up a couple of used ones and I'm really looking forward to the "improved version" David's been talking about...

There's nothing wrong with ego's... I use them as much as my Super T's.. They hit just fine, and I don't have to fuss with "dripping"...They're really handy when I'm in the car..

No one "needs" to take 25 devices with them when they go out ... I'm sure some people can "get by" with one or two... Most people probably are in the middle somewhere, and it really doesn't matter... We're all different, and we all have something in common...

I think the "family" connection we have around here has a lot to do with what makes it special, It adds "something" to your experience that you can share with others. We might not be the only forum around, but we try to make it fun for everyone... Hope you feel like your thoughts and opinions matter as much as anyone else's

Last edited:

Bmannator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2013
Washington USA
With the volume I vape even though it would be and at home / out with friends mod the 18650 is pretty necisarry

Well.... that's one way you could go.... or??? You could get TWO (2???) yes two... of the smaller units....
One for inside... and the other for ???? The possibilities are unlimited.... But, sadly, the supplies are..(sniff)
Hopefully, David will get the production issues resolved.... soon?? And we can all get back to our obsessive, compulsive, lifestyles.... soon... right??
Who's to say you can't try one of each??? Surely not me... anybody???

Draconian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
San Antonio
I have 22..23..who knows high end mods. So.....obsessive compulsive..maybe....modaholic...oh yeah...
Oh..and more on the way...Oh look...a limited edition...gotta cut this short...bye....:facepalm:

Well.... that's one way you could go.... or??? You could get TWO (2???) yes two... of the smaller units....
One for inside... and the other for ???? The possibilities are unlimited.... But, sadly, the supplies are..(sniff)
Hopefully, David will get the production issues resolved.... soon?? And we can all get back to our obsessive, compulsive, lifestyles.... soon... right??
Who's to say you can't try one of each??? Surely not me... anybody???

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
I think ill wait until the 18650 mod is back in stock
With the volume I vape even though it would be and at home / out with friends mod the 18650 is pretty necisarry
That would be the best choice-- A Precise Plus 18650. How would you like an ELA with all the bells and whistles? ELA is my favorite SuperT mod ever...:wub:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread