Something I didn't expect has posed a possible problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfdude

Feb 22, 2014
Cannock UK
Hi all, since I started vaping I have ended up cigarette free for 32 days and 22 hours according to the app on my phone.
I was actively encouraged by my mum after we discussed it to see what it was like. My mum has asked regularly how I have been getting on with it and I have always answered honestly about it when I have had a craving and mostly about how the craving has not been there.
My mum had totally and adamantly said prior to my vaping that she has no intention of giving up and its too late as she has been smoking for way too long.
Today though she asked again. I got my app out on my phone to check the time without a cigarette and we were discussing how I found it and how much I didn't even want a cigarette choosing to enjoy a flavoured minty vape instead. Well, wow, out she came with 'next time you order something online can you get me the same as what you are using so I can try it'.

I was like, 'what? why? how come? why the change of mind?
She has been a lot more intrigued into my vaping journey than she has let on.
This has led me in to a problem. I am using at the moment an ego 1100 twist with a mini pro tank 2.
Great choice I have found and she would love it. The problem? You have to twist it at the bottom to fill it up and sometimes its fiddly and hard to do and my mum has a very poor grip in her hands.
So I will get the ego for her but what tank to choose that'll be easy for her to fill? I want a tank that won't be too fiddly for her otherwise it will put her off and she will give up before she has properly tried.
I have only used the Evod and the mini pro tank 2 so far and neither will be suitable for her.

Any ideas?

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
There is a clearo that is very easy to use and doesnt gunk up too fast... but the first tank of juice is a bit metallic tasting, once that gets over with, its good vaping for its cost... the wife has been using one for more than 4 weeks with no issues other than a bit of gurgling on occasion... but what bottom coiled tank doesnt gurgle a tad...

Its the Bauway CE8 Stainless Steel Mesh topper ( about 5-7$) the top pops off to refill... very easy to use

To put on your list of possibilities:

Kanger is making a "Mini Unitank" that I have not seen yet. These fill from the top.

If your Mum does not take easily to filling things and changing coils, perhaps you could buy her 20 or so quality 510-threaded cartomizers and pick up her empties once a week and do her refilling for her.

Best of success to you and your Mum!

JaxMike

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2014
Jacksonville FL
I know if had to introduce my mother to vaping, the ONLY way she could handle it would be with cigalikes (kr808d-1) with prefilled cartridges. There is no way on earth she could handle filling, cleaning, changing atomizers,etc,etc.

Of course that's not the optimal "vaping experience" but it might be the best route. Something like the halo g6, or the mig cig, or v2, etc.

Just depends on what you think here aptitude, and willingness to learn, would be.

Good luck...

SleeZy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Sweden
:blink: That'd be like living back at home lol I would do it all for her, thats no problem. Thats something I am thinking. If she has a few tanks as suggested above I could fill them for her a few at a time.

Maybe buy tons of CE4+ clearos from fasttech (cheap bulk price) And fill upp about 10 of them at a time for her?
I'm not sure if they would start to leak after awhile though. But with this idea all she has to do is screw them on the battery.

Let her try your tank and see if she can handle it before assuming she can't. And remember, she'll need training anyway. :)

My mom has osteoarthritis in her hands and handles the Kanger T3 bases just fine. That was actually a bit of a surprise, but she has absolutely no issues with them, or with holding the bottle/dropper to refill the tank.

So yeah, my mom rocks a big setup with a 2.4 ml clearo. :)

CalamityJess

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Let her try your Kanger Mini. I find them way easier to fiddle with than the Protank 2 I have because it has that thicker area to grasp and turn at the bottom.. And I have trouble with my wrists and thumbs. I find the Kanger Mini and the iClear 30s tanks (the top fill and I haven't had to change my coils that often) work best for me.

RosaJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
The Woodlands, TX, USA
Don't underestimate your mum. I'm 65 years old and have tried cartos, carto tanks, vivi novas, EVODS and now using the Kanger Aerotank. I did all of my own research and ordered my equipment knowing it may not work out.

My advice is to get her a variable voltage eGo or spinner battery and EVODs. This set up is what I call "fill and vape" and does not require fiddling. The only think you have to explain to her is ohms and voltage. If she can't see well, get her a magnifying glass and a lamp she can use (if she doesn't have one).

I'm so glad she's interested. Don't show your doubts to her, let her be the one to decide if it's too much for her. She may surprise you. And, btw, I smoked for more than 40 years, 1 1/2 packs of cigarettes a day. I've been smoke free for 2 years and the transition was totally seamless, no will power involved at all.

Good luck to both of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread