Need some advice on buying a smaller ecig/MOD for outdoor use. Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howester84

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Nottingham
Hi folks, I have just purchased an innokin iTaste SVD mod (18650 battery). I love it, but it's huge. Too big for work and general outdoor activities. Can anyone advise me on a smaller ecig that has a similar kick as the SVD. Currently vaping the SVD at 15w (highest setting), using grizwalds black cat 30mg juice. I want something up to a maximum of £100. I heard the iTaste MVP 2 is good. How big is it? can I stick it in my pocket or on a lanyard?. Any help greatly appreciated. Ta!:vapor:

>>>EDIT: I just vaped at 11w and found that this setting is perfect to meet my needs. So anything from 11w upwards would be great.

Last edited:

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
It isn't all that big, about the size of a US pack of cigarettes I guess but it only goes up to 11 watts other than that it would be a good choice. There are many tube style mods that will go up to 15 and will run on an 18350 which cuts down on the size, your SVD can't adjust down to that battery size? I thought it could.

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
You won't get 15watts out of it but if you want small, and I mean small, set up an HCigar Nemesis clone in 18350 mode. I did that the other night for kicks with a KFL+ on it and the only part showing was the driptip. Had to hold the mod and KFL like it was one unit to be able to fire it with one hand it was so small...lol.

Howester84

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Nottingham
unfortunately not much is going to be smaller than a mod in 18350 mode...most mods are all going to be about the same height due to the battery size....you could try a smaller tank

if you want something small to carry around you could try a vv 350 ego

Thank you Shadav, I wasn't aware aware of that. Currently using the iClear30 Tank which is pretty hefty. My SVD was an upgrade to my EVOD 650mah. The EVOD wasn't giving me the kick I needed to keep going. Although the size of the EVOD was great.

Howester84

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Nottingham
It isn't all that big, about the size of a US pack of cigarettes I guess but it only goes up to 11 watts other than that it would be a good choice. There are many tube style mods that will go up to 15 and will run on an 18350 which cuts down on the size, your SVD can't adjust down to that battery size? I thought it could.

Thanks I think an MVP 2 or VTR is going to be the ecig of choice. Turns out I got the biggest battery with my SVD I thought the batteries went up is power not size. Doh! Thanks for the info mate. :)

Howester84

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Nottingham
You won't get 15watts out of it but if you want small, and I mean small, set up an HCigar Nemesis clone in 18350 mode. I did that the other night for kicks with a KFL+ on it and the only part showing was the driptip. Had to hold the mod and KFL like it was one unit to be able to fire it with one hand it was so small...lol.

Thanks, I just googled HCigar Nemesis. Looks great. I've never heard of this one. Good size. Fits in the hand nicely. The KFL+ looks tiny compared to most.

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth

If he put a 1Ω coil in that Kayfun on a Nemesis, he'd be at nearly 18 Watts on a fresh battery, down to 13 Watts when it's time to change batteries. Buy the Nano kit for that Kayfun, and it's one of the tinier set-ups out there.

Howester84

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Nottingham
They are roughly the same size but the MVP 2 is much lighter, and I do mean much. You could hammer a nail with a VTR but don't put too much muscle into it or you'll bend the nail ;-).

Time to view some VTR threads then. Cheers me old mucka! Heavy = quality. I do tend to drop my ecig often so the VTR will be better.

Howester84

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Nottingham
If he put a 1Ω coil in that Kayfun on a Nemesis, he'd be at nearly 18 Watts on a fresh battery, down to 13 Watts when it's time to change batteries. Buy the Nano kit for that Kayfun, and it's one of the tinier set-ups out there.

Cheers. You guys certainly know your stuff. I'm a noobie. The SVD is my first MOD. Maybe all this coil and kayfun will become clearly as my hobby/addiction grows lol. :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread