Finally a post! Have some general opinion questions. (Blu/Volcano)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik_Bear

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Claremont/Pomona, SoCal
Well hello ECF! After a week or so of just reading around I decided to try and become a part of the PV community :) Gonna apologize right now, I talk a lot.

Though I never have had a PV of my own(yet, mine comes tomorrow), I have tried a few different kinds. My grandmother actually had a pen style that I tried about a year ago and thought it was great. Since then I have tried the Blu and some cheapy brand at a smoke shop.

The Blu had me set immediately. My girlfriends uncle had one at a family get together on Easter and when he pulled it out and gave me a taste of what I was missing, I wanted one immediately. About a week later I had my roommate set on getting one as well, so this last Sunday, he ordered a Blue starter kit and yesterday I ordered a kit from Volcano.

Now I have read LOTS and LOTS of bad reviews on the Blu, or all of the super minis, but there is some good things to be said if you search around enough, and it made me feel a lot better about getting one.

I smoke about a pack every two days or so, split between my roommate and myself, because we both work the same job together/same hours, and we aren't looking for some huge th or giant plumes of vapor to come out of our mouths. So the Blu/Volcano seemed like a good choice and with a lot of the mods out there, it seemed like a good choice.

Honestly, I have no idea where I'm going with this wall of text, maybe just a bit of defending the Blu for the bad rep its gotten, dunno.

But to the questions!

I was wondering where would be the best place in terms of price/quality to buy juice from. With shipping time and cost being a factor. ( I don't want to pay out $8 on shipping on a 15 dollar bottle of 10ml juice.)

Now I see a lot of people saying the taste of VG is almost nothing, but if I wanted to go in to using that for just the bigger vapor hit, what flavors/suppliers do have the best taste?

Sorry for the extremely long post, but thanks for any help :w00t:

Gut

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2010
Memphis, TN
Well I found a link on a different post but it is very helpful as far as what each supplier charges for the eLiquid. I couldn't post the link because I haven't gotten that ability yet, but it is the new member forum under Newbie Juice Recommendation. The poster is Candre23, he is one of the last posters. I have been using it all morning to check out different sites and prices. Also check under the supplier forums for a possible coupon code!!! Hope that helps!!

Brian

ChuckB

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Uvalde, Texas
Yes, there are a lot of poor reviews of the Blu/Volcano on here, but there are also a lot of people here that like it. And many that say keep it as a backup or second PV.

As to your quesiton, I've had good luck with eLiquidPlanet and VaporStation. The only problem with either of them is I think I'm addicted to the watermelon juice now!

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
The all-around Forum favorite here seems to be Tasty Vaper. Ms. T's Bakery is a strong second. I haven't ordered from Ms.T's yet, but I have received my 'GOLDEN' bottle of Atomic Cinnacide from T.V.

IMHO, this is the BEST ejuice out there. And, I'm hard to please.

Very strong and sweet, it tastes almost identical to Big Red gum. But, that being said, if that's not really your bag, I'd suggest RY4, it's another of the most popular ones.

Hope that helps, good luck and welcome to the Forum!

P.S. To outline just HOW good the A.C. is, I live in Canada, T.V. doesn't SHIP to Canada, (but will very soon!!), I had it sent to my brother in Michigan then paid HIM to ship it up here to me. Yeah, it's THAT good..

VORTEX

Apr 11, 2010
seattle
That does it!!!! I'm ordering some A-C from Tasty Vapor !!!! Thanks domino, I've seen your other posts, I was going to make my next order with them anyway. I tried the tasty finger and cafe macheatowhatever and got get some more!!!!! And after spending hours and hours and hours reading "flavor" threads, their atomic-cinecide keeps comin up, now if I don't like it you'll be gettin around 29ml in the mail.lol

bigwill860

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2010
Connecticut
Ill tell u what i started on a Volcano e cig and loved it made me not go back to smoking also 2 of my buddies i had them start with it its a great starter but i mean for the pcc wise its one of the best out there but i mean only after a month started dripping with it and after few months i got a cisco laser mod and never went back lol but besides that bombdropsvapor has free shipping and one of the best e juice in my opinion but good luck/ And happy vaping

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I really enjoy my little Blu. I have 510's and some others and the Blu is so handy and I love the charging case (PCC).

You may have figured this out already from reading other posts about the Blu but just in case...
Remove the cart from the atty and take a paper clip and push through the whole on the cart. A little cup will come out. I fill it with juice but not to the top as you need to allow space for the atty to plug in and there you have it for some vaping with other juice than what comes in the Blu carts.

The Atomic C is dynamite! I vape it all day.

Good luck and welcome to ECF and the Wonderful World of Vaping. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Vape On!!!!!

woolfe99

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
San Francisco
New here to ecigs, two weeks of vaping thus far. Am using a blu plus AC flavor from tastyvapor. The TV stuff is super cheap. I calculated that if I use the doubler bottles, I can get by at about 30 cents a day, and that's with vaping a full 2 ML per day. So far AC is the only flavor I've tried, and it's great, exactly as people here have said. I don't think I want to vape that particular flavor all day, every day, though, so I ordered the Coffee Machiato and Tobacco flavors, which hopefully will arrive soon.

As far as the blucig, I concur with some people on the blucig forum who say you have to learn to use it properly and fiddle around with it for best results. It doesn't give great vapes "out of the box." Removing the foil from their carts (you MUST do this or you won't get more than a few vapes out of them), replacing the batting with something better, helped a lot. Learning to vape by taking a series of increasingly long, but light draws also helps a lot. And finally, get a good juice like a TV flavor with some VG in it to increase vapor production. Right now, I'm liking the blucig a ton more than when I started with it.

Still, I'll probably get a 510 at some point in time just so I have something to compare it to.

- wolf

Erik_Bear

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Claremont/Pomona, SoCal
Well thanks guys for the opinions! Been a lot of re-assurance on our purchases.

But now I think I will get the TV Atomic-C. I like Big Red so I don't see how I could go wrong with that. But like wolf said, I probably wont want to be vaping the same flavor over and over(though I have smoked menthols for almost 2 years and before that practically the same brand for 3+).

Thanks for the tips on the out-of-the-box improvement. I plan on doing the blue foam mod to all of my carts and pre-re-filling them for the day and dripping when its not too much of a hassle.
Another thing I was wondering is what I could use for cart caps. Something I could find around the house or something simple I could pick up for cheap and not have to have shipped to me again.

Thanks in advance!

woolfe99

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
San Francisco
Well thanks guys for the opinions! Been a lot of re-assurance on our purchases.

But now I think I will get the TV Atomic-C. I like Big Red so I don't see how I could go wrong with that. But like wolf said, I probably wont want to be vaping the same flavor over and over(though I have smoked menthols for almost 2 years and before that practically the same brand for 3+).

Thanks for the tips on the out-of-the-box improvement. I plan on doing the blue foam mod to all of my carts and pre-re-filling them for the day and dripping when its not too much of a hassle.
Another thing I was wondering is what I could use for cart caps. Something I could find around the house or something simple I could pick up for cheap and not have to have shipped to me again.

Thanks in advance!

I was just reading a thread in the blucig forum where someone said that the volcano carts come with caps. Can't verify it, but that's what someone said.

- wolf

Erik_Bear

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Claremont/Pomona, SoCal
I was just reading a thread in the blucig forum where someone said that the volcano carts come with caps. Can't verify it, but that's what someone said.

- wolf

Hmmm, I sure hope they do. That would make life soooo much easier. My friend ordered the Blu, so we have 25 carts worth of flavor coming, which I'll probably end up putting into a drip container so we can just drip it when we need.

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
That does it!!!! I'm ordering some A-C from Tasty Vapor !!!! Thanks domino, I've seen your other posts, I was going to make my next order with them anyway. I tried the tasty finger and cafe macheatowhatever and got get some more!!!!! And after spending hours and hours and hours reading "flavor" threads, their atomic-cinecide keeps comin up, now if I don't like it you'll be gettin around 29ml in the mail.lol

I would strongly consider selling some family members for a mere 10ml of A.C. Vortex. But, I won't get my hopes up, you're going to love it. :oops:

Oh wait! Sorry! Made a mistake! You'll PROBABLY hate it! I can't stand the stuff m'self, I'm merely doing you AND the FORUM a favor by guzzling down this absolutely HORRID eliquid so you won't be affected by it's nauseating taste. :p

You're welcome all! :w00t:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread