Kamry K1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

weatherman

Dec 24, 2013
BKNY
Hey there - I'm new (both to this forum and to vaping) and I got a kamry k1000 as my first device. So far it's working out pretty well, but since it seems not a lot of folks have these I thought I'd start a thread. If anyone has any questions about it, let me know but keep in mind I'm new to this so I don't know a lot :) For others who already have this pipe, feel free to chime in and offer me any tips/advice. below is a stock image of the k1000 for those unfamiliar. I'm happy to take pictures of my rig (which is silver) for more detailed shots.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 4,941

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
I just received one of these (Black) a few days ago. I found the entire kit on Ebay for $60 with shipping. Here are my thoughts so far.

I found out that the wiring is reversed on this from the SMOK E-pipe. The Positive goes down in the bowl verses up in the SMOK. I didn't try the tank that came with it, but used a Protank II. I found that the adapter that came with it needed to be screwed on to my Protank rather then screwing the adapter onto the pipe for it to work correctly. The pipe stem that came with it didn't sit well in the Protank so I needed to use a drip tip. To get the pipe further away from my face, I used the extension that came with the VTR. I have a silencer VV unit coming in the mail and I will be using this once it arrives. I also am looking at geting a Stem or two from Walker Vape Stems. The Batteries that came with it were not marked so far no issues but I may end up just using ones I already have.

I will post some pics when I get home.

Now after all that, This device works very well. Nice smooth vape and feels good in my hand. The power seems a little low but I am used to bumping up the Voltage on my other devices so I am sure the Silencer will take care of this. This has become my main at home vape!

weatherman

Dec 24, 2013
BKNY
Thanks for that info, rathamar - it's good to have the perspective of an experienced vaper. That silencer looks pretty interesting - I might check that out, though honestly if I keep vaping I'm probably moving to a home-made pipe anyway so I don't know if the silencer would be necessary. Seems like it could be though, especially if different materials are bing vaped. Those walker stems look interesting, but pricey. Not sure how the tortoiseshell look would work with my silver k1000 though, plus I don't have a problem with the stock tip (though I'm still using the stock tank too, and that will probably change).

BTW; I'm surprised you say your terminals are negative-up. My manual (limited though it may be) says it's + up and that's what works for me. Spring is on the bottom, which generally suggests that's where the negative terminal is. Could we have different models?

Last edited:

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
Finally got around to taking a pic -
IMAG0720.jpg

I have a NHaler Silencer VV adaptor and a Protank 2.
This set up works great for me. Nice smooth hit and great flavor. I don't bump up the voltage to much (3.8 to 4.0) but it is an even vape off the battery from full to recharge.

I cut down the stem to make it work with the Protank.

photogf4

May 7, 2013
VA
IMG_20131227_173822.jpg Got a red one, loved the heck out of it until the gasket that separates the center connection wore out and shorted the pipe. Sucker got real hot real quick. Serves me right for using ego to 510 adapters, tighten them carefully. I put the whole assembly back with some tough caulk, but I will be using Protank II's again, or put my silencer on.

Last edited:

freeatlast!

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2013
Kansas, USA
kestra.zenfolio.com
I have one and really like it. Had a h--- of a time getting the battery compartment opened when I first got it - it was screwed down flush to the bowl, and tight! But finally got it opened. The battery mine came with is branded Kamry....anyway, I'm using it as it arrived, haven't tried anything else on it. I think it's cute as all get out (mine is pink!) and so far have had no problems with it. Vapes very nicely.

Doughboy67

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2013
Durham, NC, USA
I'd be interested to know what the going retail price is on these where ya'll are…

Local retailer here in NC is selling them for $80 I believe. Name of the shop is VaporGirl if you want to look them up. They can be found cheaper online but I bought one there on an impulse when I saw it in the store.

Doughboy67

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2013
Durham, NC, USA
Is it compatible with Kayfun? I saw this model on fasttech for around $30 and want to get one.

I have an EhPro Kayfun and it works well on it. Drip tip fits ad well. I wouldn't sub-ohm with it without an added protection circuit. Lowest coil I'd make is 1.0 ohm. Below that would be trouble. I'd also be sure to use High Drain protected batteries. This is a straight up mechanical mod. :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread