I can't Get Over MY Vapor Fatigue! Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackstand Johnny

Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Virginia, USA
Hi everyone. I figured this was a problem the vets could best help me with. I've been vaping on and off for over a year now but really got into it and gave up a pack and a half a day for good and switched over to vaping full time about a week or two ago. I've tried several different juices, most of them from Vapor Troll including rasberry tart, cuban cigar, black honey tobacco, blue vannila ice, pinepple peach ice, cherry tart...a lot lets say and I cant taste any of them! At best I taste burnt vapor when I crank up the voltage on my Twist VV or my Nenesis clone. I've used a Kanger protank II mini, an Aspire Nautilus, whatever tank my Twist came with and still nothing. All I drink is water, though I often use Dasani water "enhancer" flavoring or I drink tea. I can taste food and drink just fine, just not any vape juices.

I've tried drinking more water, brushing my teeth and tongue several times a day, been only vaping very subtle juices like my Cuban cigar and black honey tobacco and still nothing. IS there anything else I can do or will this pass if I just wait it out? This is really bothering me. I love vaping and all the great gadgets and the hands on aspect of it all but this is really bothering me. Please help! Thank you in advance.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
This sounds like vapors tongue and it will pass. Vaping strong flavors and switching flavors during the day may help. This happens to a lot of people that start vaping so you are not alone.

As an afterthought, you might try changing juice vendors and see if you can taste their juice. Maybe Vapor Troll's juice is weak.

Congrats on quitting completely.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Yup, as tmcase said, you've got vapors tongue. I vape two or three PVs with different flavors in them, alternating between them sometimes after every drag. That does it for me unless I really chain vape for a long time.

Drink plenty of water. Give your taste buds a bit if a break by not vaping all the time. Vape for 5 or 10 minutes and put it down for 20 or 30 minutes. In the end it always passes :thumb:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

I've tried drinking more water, brushing my teeth and tongue several times a day, been only vaping very subtle juices like my Cuban cigar and black honey tobacco and still nothing. IS there anything else I can do or will this pass if I just wait it out? This is really bothering me. I love vaping and all the great gadgets and the hands on aspect of it all but this is really bothering me. Please help! Thank you in advance.

You might try Switch Flavors more often. You might also try Vaping Less.

If I chain vape the Same Flavor for a long period of time, I kinda get Desensitized to that Flavor.

Good Luck.

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
Welcome to the club. I've been vaping for almost 3 years now, and I still get occasional bouts of the tastelessness. It's not so disturbing now that I know it will pass within a day or two. As the others have said, try switching flavors, that may help. Plenty of water.

I've had a bit of luck with minty flavors not going quite as dead as others, but that's just me, may not work for you.

Also, try eating spicy food once in a while. I've found that spicy food sort of resets my tongue. I don't mean like putting some pepper on your eggs. I'm talking about stuff that makes you sweat a bit, and you chug water/milk to try and get the burning to stop.

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread