Not open for further replies.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
As you know I have made 25 attempts at building a working coil with zero success so far.

You can read out it in this thread: Gone through 6 Ft of Kanthal rebuilding a tank. None of them work. ...?

Today will be attempt #26.

Since my last try I have purchased the following supplies (about $200 worth) to try and achieve a successful result.

100' 28ga Kanthal
100' 30ga Kanthal
1 Nemesis Mech mod
1 KFL
1 KFL Black
2 Ohm meters
1 coil winder
Yarn
Silica wick
Mini torch
Tool kit

1 Large bottle of Tequila

I am going to take pictures and document my process step by step.

I welcome any and all comments as I progress to help me be successful.

Step one: Assemble my materials

superstardj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2012
Maggie Valley, NC
I would (for your first builds anyway) build the coil horizontally rather than trying to make a "chimney" coil - I find it very easy to make those...make sure it's positioned over the air hole, screw down the two legs (keep the screwdriver in so it doesn't mess the coil up) and then gently lift it so it's not touching the deck. Take about 1/3rd of a cotton ball (organic preferred) and gently roll it a bit and put it through the coil...cut off some of the cotton...I'm not an advanced coil builder by any means (only been making them for a week) but only took me 2-3 builds to get one perfect....

Chiku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Alberta, Canada
That makes me feel great.

I just tried to build a horizontal coil. I couldn't get it attached to the posts without wrecking it.

Do you have a syringe needle fits inside the coil? It makes it a lot easier to have something inside the coil when you are attaching it and adjusting height.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread