Status
Not open for further replies.

sawtoothscream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
United States
right now my favorite is my brass m16 clone, feels soilid and works great after fixing the button

the nemesis is also very nice, its better with the magnet upgrade but the lock ring is a thin cheap pile of crap IMO.

I have a brass astro coming and my brother has a mixed astro coming. sounds like they will be nice.

schuff

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2013
Dickson, TN
Just saw sawtooth's comment. The M16 clones out there are decent but depending on version they aren't going to flush mount.

Also to actually answer your question my absolute favorite that is the best is the ehpro nzonik v4. It has the lowest measured voltage drop, magnet firing button that is perfectly smooth and allows any 18xx size battery with a kick including 18650. As long as you don't mind telescopic mods it is perfect.

sawtoothscream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
United States
Work in a vape shop and I really like the Ehpro chiyou clone, ehpro nzonik v4 and the HCigar nemesis clone. All three are solid hitters, always flush mount attys and are machined beautifully. Plus replacement parts are easy to come by as they are all very popular models.

meh, doesnt bother me, for $16 it hits like a beast :) not as pretty but does the job great

Timbuck55

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2014
Queens, New York, United States
did you get the magnets? feels better with them IMO, doesnt have that crunchy feel.

No, I didn't. I have them on my AR mod and should get them for my nemmy. Sometimes on my nemmy, I have to keep screwing the firing button down. Sometimes its doesnt fire properly. But regardless, I love it for $30 or whatever I paid for it.

I do not think there is a single best option IMO. Clones will never perform as good as authentic mods, I have owned both in several models.
However, everyone should vape within their means. Personally, i would rather buy an original that is inexpensive rather then a clone of someone else's design. There is a good way to vape at any price point with original gear.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
EHpro and Hcigar are consistently the best quality clones. Regardless of the model, you can't go wrong with either one.

Tobeco clones are generally very good, but they do have some quality control issues at times. It's usually best to wait until they've released a new revision or two of a product before buying one.

Cheaper Fastech clones are cheaper for a reason. You see a few popup in this thread. Crunchy buttons on a Nemesis? The only time I've seen that on an Hcigar or EHpro is when the user didn't get the button pin tight and it wobbled around. If that pin is nice and tight it's butter smooth every single time, no magnets needed.

And are you really saving money on that cheap fasttech clone if you then have to spend more money on magnets to make it work right?

Same story with the Kayfun clones. Hcigar and EHpro are as close as you can get to the real thing. Fasttech ones are hit and miss with poor quality control leading to issues like the juice channels either being blocked or too open, leaking, etc...

Now, in regards to mech mods I would first consider what you are wanting to use it for. If you're looking for a good, reliable, high powered vape and maybe dabble a bit in subohming just to see what it's all about then any good quality mech mod will do the job.

However, if you're going to be serious about subohming and every last little bit of power counts then you're going to want to look at the full load voltage loss of the mech mod in question. Some mods lose a LOT of power through the body of the mod, others are extremely conductive and loose almost nothing. All brass or all copper mods with silver plated connections would be ideal, but some stainless steel mods also loose very little if any voltage through the body. A loss of just .1-.2 volts in the body can mean a loss of 3-5 watts at the coil when subohming.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread