• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Zamplebox made it to the UK! Pic Heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK
I decided to create a separate thread to my previous one asking for UK based reviews as nobody seemed to have had experience with this. I also kept it in this section as it is based on UK prices and experience. Let's get to it!

After signing up on Tuesday the 17th of March, it arrived Tuesday today, 1 week later from the West coast of the USA! Very good impression straight away. Tracking was provided the whole way too, and no customs fees! :D so here's the box as it came this morning.

Noticed immediately two large dents in the box, one either side. Got to admit I was a little worried at this point, but of course Zamplebox isn't to blame here. It went somersaulting out of the posties hands before I even got it! I opened it up and the damage seemed less severe. There was a very strong but lovely aniseed aroma at this point.

Pulling out the paperwork reveals a few coupons for some of the juice suppliers inside. Nice touch!

Under these were a green tissue wrapped package. Much less concerned about damage now.

Under all this was a bubble wrapped package! Got to give them credit for this sensible packaging, and everything is in perfect condition!

Inside this is a little net bag.

And here they are! 80ml total of premium juice!

Im continuing this in the next post...

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK
Below I will list each juice along with what it costs to buy and ship over here. I could only find one of these sold within the UK so conversions from USD to GBP are included, along with the suppliers description. Where i couldn't find shipping rates, i assumed the cheapest found to avoid over estimating. So first one!

503 eliquid Blackbird 15ml
A truly unique flavor featuring a berry base flavor with overtones of anise. This flavor is bold and distinctive, yet subtle enough for an all day vape. Is that a contradiction? Yes. Is Blackbird the greatest e-liquid ever created? Most likely.
$12.50 + $20 shipping. $32.50 Total £19.70

Thunderhead Vapor Monkey Fist 15ml
In a far off land, a land of myths and legends, there is a temple hidden away from most mortals. It is nestled between two snowcapped mountains, far above a dangerous jungle. Shrouded in a deep mist, and cloaked in fables of the natives below, many brave souls have searched for the mysterious temple, hoping to find the fabled Eliquid that was to grant them a brilliant vape, The Monkey Fist.
We really want to say that we sent an expedition of brave explorers to find the mysterious temple, and that, of the many we sent, only one returned, half mad, but carrying a vial of The Monkey Fist Eliquid. We can’t say that, but we CAN say that OUR version of The Monkey Fist contains a delicious rich and smooth chocolate flavor, with a distinct hazelnut taste missed in to provide a brilliant vape for anyone not willing to search for that temple we totally made up.
$6.94 + $5.94 shipping. $12.88 Total £7.81

Alpha Vape Sweet Tooth 15ml
Pretty self explanatory, right? A creamy mix of vanillas with cookies and graham cracker is the ultimate mix for those who like dunking their cookies in their milk. Looking for a little sweetness to brighten a hard day? Look no further! Sweet tooth is an amazingly crafted juice where all of the flavors are blended in a unique, yet once again, sweet way. This stuff has been a huge hit, and it is no surprise. This juice will rock your taste buds!
$12 + $14.99 Total £16.35

Lick Brand Vapors Calypso 15ml
Refreshing lemonade mixed with strawberry & juicy watermelon
$12 assume $5.94 shipping Total £10.88

Seduce Juice Jezebel
An eclectic blend of fruit flavors. Tell us what you think!
All our flavors are formulated to have a great taste "right out of the gate". More complex flavors may require more time for the flavors to combine and reach their peak tastiness.
Steep Recommendation: > 1 weeks
£6.49 + £1.99 shipping Total £8.48

Rocket Fuel The Cat's Meow
PEOPLES’ CHOICE: The Cat’s Meow blends the taste of homemade buttercream cookies with hints of fresh white coconut for a smooth, sweet eliquid flavor.
$6.50 assume $5.94 shipping Total £7.54

If I had purchased these individually they would have set me back £70.76. Not bad for around £27 spent :D

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
Thanks for posting up your review and all the pics lucky. It's really good that you took the time to post all of this :)

I'm thinking about going with this, although i have loads of juice to get through at the moment, so perhaps when that has gone down a bit.

Do you know if Zamplebox provides an option to rule out getting certain flavours. I dont like tobacco juices, so as there are more tobacco juices around than any other they would be wasted on me (although the couple of reviews i have read didnt include any tobacco flavours).

i know some people will consider it a little expensive if you only get the 60ml they quote as a minimum, but if you are getting more than that sometimes then it wouldnt bother me at all. I can see it being something to really look forward to every month as it's all a suprise. I have never tried 'The Standard' juices, but they have a great reputation and just looking at the bottles makes me want to join zamplebox - i'd be hoping to see lots of 'The Standard' flavours in there.

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK
Thanks for posting up your review and all the pics lucky. It's really good that you took the time to post all of this :)

I'm thinking about going with this, although i have loads of juice to get through at the moment, so perhaps when that has gone down a bit.

Do you know if Zamplebox provides an option to rule out getting certain flavours. I dont like tobacco juices, so as there are more tobacco juices around than any other they would be wasted on me (although the couple of reviews i have read didnt include any tobacco flavours).

i know some people will consider it a little expensive if you only get the 60ml they quote as a minimum, but if you are getting more than that sometimes then it wouldnt bother me at all. I can see it being something to really look forward to every month as it's all a suprise. I have never tried 'The Standard' juices, but they have a great reputation and just looking at the bottles makes me want to join zamplebox - i'd be hoping to see lots of 'The Standard' flavours in there.

They don't provide the option to rule out certain flavours yet, but I'm told this will be coming very soon. I don't vape tobacco much either, but the few I've seen sent out do seem very nice!

I'm sure some would see it as a little expensive, but compared to the premium juice prices over here, it seems like it will always be better value for money than purchasing them individually. The excitement of waiting to see what you get is definitely the highlight of my vape mail :D It's nice to go slightly out of my comfort zone too and experience flavours that I wouldn't necessarily have chosen myself.

I did worry about maybe amassing too many bottles at once, but if you go to the account page you can cancel with a couple of clicks and simply resume when you fancy more again. With the quality of the stuff here, I can see it being 90% of my main source of juices. The only things I'll need to purchase separately are the occasional bottle of snake oil or something nice from Trip Hammer :D

Edit: Just to add that I'm currently vaping the 503 Blackbird and ohhhh my! You know when you have one of those moments where you know that it's an instant favourite? This is only the second time I've had this feeling after Fizzy Trifle. Easily the most complex flavour I've tried to date with fresh berries (not fake essences) and a subtle but satisfying anise. I also got an order from Rip Trippers brand VapeTrik today and the AWOL smells very similar just sitting there in my wardrobe. Just a shame that this little bottle would cost two thirds of what I paid for the whole box to buy again!

Last edited:

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
Must admit I did have a look at Zamplebox and another couple of the US companies that do a similar set-up. But it wasn't really for me. Either because they sent out different nic level juices (I only ever vape 18 or 24mg juice) or they didn't give the option to suggest flavour profiles. However, your excellent reviews might just make me re-consider :D

I have tried a few US juices, by buying direct:

Zeus juice - does some excellent flavours, especially their signature Zeus juice blend.
Nicoticket - lovely complex multi layered flavours, I like every one I've tried.
Alice in Vapeland - superb packaging and CS. Some flavours are a little muted, but great for dripping.
Epic juice - again multi layered flavours.

There are others I'm looking to try, such as HHV and Seduce juice. But at the moment I'm concentrating more on my DIY creations. I'll be watching out for more of your reviews though, so thanks for sharing :)

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK
I'll have to check those out! I'll be trying a couple of the Vapetrik juices tomorrow, they smell so amazing I can't resist :D I've not heard any complaints about muted flavours on these, but with how much Rip Trippers raves about intense flavours I expect no less!

I got an order from Killer Juice that has so far been very muted, to the point where it had zero flavour in my Aerotank. I'm letting them steep to open them up a bit and see what they're like then. I've heard a serious steep can work wonders for them. The amazing prices make me want to love them.

Have you ordered anything from Smoke Rainbow? They do a pretty huge selection of 1ml samples just to get enough of a taste to see if you like them. I discovered Trip Hammers fizzy trifle is insanely good from that sample, and cherry choc from T-Juice tastes like a granny's pants! Definitely worth trying a few before even buying a 10ml bottle.

I'll update the individual flavours as I try them from this box, and do a similar thing at least one more time with the next box to see how consistent they are in quality and value. I picked the 18mg option because 6 is just wayyyy too low for me, and as I say, apparently flavour profiles are coming soon. From the reviews I've seen, very few people get tobacco juices which can only be a good thing as far as I'm concerned!

Last edited:

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK
I haven't looked on the site yet, what are the options for nic strength?

I believe it was 0mg, 6mg and 18mg. Could be wrong about 0mg, but I know for sure that nic levels were at 6 or 18. It's worth noting that some suppliers don't do 18mg, so could be +/- 2mg, but you won't easily tell the difference. Just noticed the 503 Blackbird that I've been vaping solid all day is actually 15mg! I didn't even realise until I just looked, but the punch of the flavour certainly fills that gap.

Last edited:

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
If tobacco juices dont feature much then this is looking ever more tempting, especially as 18mg is my perfect nic content too. Customs could be a bit of an issue (more the extra wait than the extra money), but i've bought 2 carto tanks from IBTanked and neither of those got stopped in customs so perhaps they just dont bother or only bother with a small percentage of lower value items.

I know there were a few concerns initially about juice vendors potentially signing up just to shift juices that didnt sell as well as others in their ranges, but doesnt seem to be the case. From what i have read the juices all sound like premium quality. I'm tempted to sign up today, even though i have enough liquid to last me until August at the moment - It's like having a birthday every month when your box arrives ;)

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK
I didn't get hit with customs, but the value was declared at $15 which is obviously well under the £15 or so allowance. I was tracking it every day and it must have flown through customs as even on the day of delivery the status was that it had just left LA. I made an order with IBTanked and got hit with just under £6 duty and and the £8 handling fee! They're smart with what they put on the customs label, it's the same description as other US vendors. It's not a lie but it doesn't arouse suspicion either.

I genuinely think that vendors are signing up to simply get their name out there, especially with the included vouchers for money off their products. I'm sure I read that Zamplebox actually turn away something like 90% of vendors for not being good enough for them! I've read a ton of reviews from the States and although it's inevitable that people get the odd one that's not for them, they're all good quality. I think there's a list of suppliers on the website.

I definitely already had enough liquid to last for some time, but you're absolutely right about it being like your birthday when it comes! I figured that if I didn't like it, I could very easily get my money back fast by selling them and just cancelling after the first box, but my subscription is staying and so are my juices :D

111s

Mar 23, 2014
UK
I ordered mine (to the UK) yesterday and am soooooooo excited!

I've been spending a fortune on flavours I'll use a tank of (or less) before getting bored. I've really not yet found my perfect ADV so I hope that this will make it a bit easier to really hone down what flavours I like.

Crazy, I've never got bored of the taste of B&H, but have literally no desire to vape tobacco flavours, though if any turn up in my box I'll give them a go.

Perhaps I'll never find a vape I can live with forever, in which case the sub to zamplebox will keep me from growing bored.

Now hurry up and deliver it to me!

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK
Congrats :)

I was the same before completely turning over to RDA's. There's no way I can get through a tank of most juices without changing it up a bit (although I'm sure I could easily manage it with the Blackbird I got :D) Once you experience the flavour and convenience of a dripper and the satisfaction of using coils you built yourself, it's difficult to go back!

Hopefully this time next week you will have a nice selection to sample. The excitement when you see that green box is literally like Christmas! It will be interesting to see what you get since they should be sending you a March box too.

I'm not normally a fan of tobaccos either, but I have found exceptions. The Moors from LT Ecigs is phenomenal :thumb:

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
I'll have to check those out! I'll be trying a couple of the Vapetrik juices tomorrow, they smell so amazing I can't resist :D I've not heard any complaints about muted flavours on these, but with how much Rip Trippers raves about intense flavours I expect no less!

I got an order from Killer Juice that has so far been very muted, to the point where it had zero flavour in my Aerotank. I'm letting them steep to open them up a bit and see what they're like then. I've heard a serious steep can work wonders for them. The amazing prices make me want to love them.

Have you ordered anything from Smoke Rainbow? They do a pretty huge selection of 1ml samples just to get enough of a taste to see if you like them. I discovered Trip Hammers fizzy trifle is insanely good from that sample, and cherry choc from T-Juice tastes like a granny's pants! Definitely worth trying a few before even buying a 10ml bottle.

I'll update the individual flavours as I try them from this box, and do a similar thing at least one more time with the next box to see how consistent they are in quality and value. I picked the 18mg option because 6 is just wayyyy too low for me, and as I say, apparently flavour profiles are coming soon. From the reviews I've seen, very few people get tobacco juices which can only be a good thing as far as I'm concerned!

Smoke rainbow was another that I had a look at, it's a great idea 1ml samples, but to be honest I ruled them out because of the varying nic strengths. It would be just my luck that I'd get more 6 or 12mg juices than 18 or above. Might sound a bit picky, but I'd just end up throwing away the lower strengths. With one of the orders I got (I think it was from Zeus), they put in a couple of zero nic samples. Did a bit of dripping with them, but I couldn't vape a full tank, so ended up throwing them away.

Trip hammer does some great juices too, I've had the fizzy trifle, trip 20 and white gems from him. The white gems is my favourite, lovely stuff.

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK
Smoke rainbow was another that I had a look at, it's a great idea 1ml samples, but to be honest I ruled them out because of the varying nic strengths. It would be just my luck that I'd get more 6 or 12mg juices than 18 or above. Might sound a bit picky, but I'd just end up throwing away the lower strengths. With one of the orders I got (I think it was from Zeus), they put in a couple of zero nic samples. Did a bit of dripping with them, but I couldn't vape a full tank, so ended up throwing them away.

Trip hammer does some great juices too, I've had the fizzy trifle, trip 20 and white gems from him. The white gems is my favourite, lovely stuff.

That is true, although I found flavour wise even the low strengths were perfectly good to try out. I think the fizzy trifle was even a 6mg, but oh my it tasted so amazing! I still have a Trip 20 sample, as well as a Black Panther, Tiger Stripe and Victoria Sponge. I really wanted to try the white gems, but they had no samples. Think I might have to buy a bottle, it sounds unbelievable!

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
That is true, although I found flavour wise even the low strengths were perfectly good to try out. I think the fizzy trifle was even a 6mg, but oh my it tasted so amazing! I still have a Trip 20 sample, as well as a Black Panther, Tiger Stripe and Victoria Sponge. I really wanted to try the white gems, but they had no samples. Think I might have to buy a bottle, it sounds unbelievable!

Like I said, I'm just too fussy :laugh: The lower nic strengths seem to lack flavour for me, I do prefer flavours that are really in your face and linger in the mouth for a while after vaping. The white gems has a fizzy element to it, it does taste like the sweets, but there's more to it. It's a real complex flavour, a real winner. For me the acid test for a flavour, is can I vape it for more than an hour without getting bored. I generally have at least 6 different set ups with different flavours at home, cos I like to swap and change around a lot. But at work, I just have 2 set ups with 2 flavours, if I can cope with a juice throughout the day at work then it's a winner. White gems will last the whole day :D

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK
Like I said, I'm just too fussy :laugh: The lower nic strengths seem to lack flavour for me, I do prefer flavours that are really in your face and linger in the mouth for a while after vaping. The white gems has a fizzy element to it, it does taste like the sweets, but there's more to it. It's a real complex flavour, a real winner. For me the acid test for a flavour, is can I vape it for more than an hour without getting bored. I generally have at least 6 different set ups with different flavours at home, cos I like to swap and change around a lot. But at work, I just have 2 set ups with 2 flavours, if I can cope with a juice throughout the day at work then it's a winner. White gems will last the whole day :D

That's it, you've sold it to me, I'm ordering some :D I have to admit, I do love flavours with a serious punch. There's nothing worse than being really excited about a juice only to find it barely tastes of anything. That's why for a tobacco flavour (which I normally can't stand), The Moors is so complex that I never get tired of it. I'm seriously loving this Blackbird for the same reason. A huge unforgiving punch of flavour that's very complex. I tried the Vapetrik Khlorine earlier which I think might even be TOO complex! There's a LOT of flavours in there.

I'm definitely getting the white gems, just need to decide on at least one more when I would happily try most of them :D

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
That's it, you've sold it to me, I'm ordering some :D I have to admit, I do love flavours with a serious punch. There's nothing worse than being really excited about a juice only to find it barely tastes of anything. That's why for a tobacco flavour (which I normally can't stand), The Moors is so complex that I never get tired of it. I'm seriously loving this Blackbird for the same reason. A huge unforgiving punch of flavour that's very complex. I tried the Vapetrik Khlorine earlier which I think might even be TOO complex! There's a LOT of flavours in there.

I'm definitely getting the white gems, just need to decide on at least one more when I would happily try most of them :D

Sorry for being a bad influence :laugh:

Must admit, I'm the same when I find a new site, like a kid in a candy shop. But I have slowed down on buying quiet a bit since Christmas. I've got enough juice to last for months now, plus all my DIY supplies on top of that. At the moment I'm in the middle of making up a few new juice samples - their currently steeping in the cupboard.

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
Damnmit, i need to stop looking at this thread... i want to subscribe to zamplebox, but i also need to try white gems now!

I was going to order 30ml of fizzy trifle + 30ml of jelly babies (Ian, if you havent tried jelly babies it is a really strong flavour - in terms of strength, its probably the strongest i have had from anywhere and tends towards the blackurrant end of the fruity spectrum).

Anyway, i went to look on triphammer's site and now ther is creme egg, pink custard and sticky toffee pudding with custard. I MUST have all of these :blink:

EDIT: triphammer site not working at the moment, its saying its a blog now :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread