Not open for further replies.

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
I just heard from Jeff on my order, and I think it would be fair to say that they're swamped.

From what it sounds like, they're waiting on some parts/carts/liquids that are supposed to arrive this week, and they're pretty much shipping stuff out as fast as they get it in. Basically, they're getting in weekly shipments now, and they'll soon be caught up from the backlog that the bad Duras caused.

If you sent in Dura batteries, they'll replace, at your choice, with Dura-C batteries (with the switch) or with automatic batteries (due in later this month).

Kissbox atomizers are still out of stock, but they're expecting them in this week's shipment, along with some additional carts and liquids.

Hope this helps. My guess is that Jeff is too busy trying to get orders out to hang out much on the forums right now.

hanover fist

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2009
:rolleyes:Hi all
I have been using the Janty Dura form the time they first came out and have had some problems with some of the batteries becoming sticky going on and off Jeff have been prompt in replacing them with out having to send bad one’s back I also had a atomizer go bad. So I took the atomizer apart and found this

1 it is much better built then the smoking everywhere one I took apart
2 the Dura wick lays on top of the heating element witch is much lower and is enclosed in a plastic well with a hole at the bottom down the center of it to draw air up
3 the wick had a bad burn spot witch did not allow liquid to get to the element
4 the element looked like it got over heated with white discolor on the coil and no break in it no evidence of black soot buildup on it, it may have had a bad solder on one end. The coil is very stout I was able to stretch it out with out breaking it
5 the steal mesh was nicely made and thick with the edges’ pressed or glued down it all came off in one piece with a double mesh over the top of the crown

My conclusion cold solder on one wire but other then that this thing is built very well and should last
I had one more not vapping very good I ran it under hot water and let it dry now it vaps like new (you must let it dry before using it)

I have been very happy with the Dura and the service from Janty

I also did a cook off test in a spoon on the liquid very clean no soot or black marks

As far as the leaking carts I work on Aircraft and we have a tolerance of a plus and minus the problem with this is you get tolerance build up lets say the atomizer and the carts have a tolerance of +/- .002 you may get an atomizer with a + and a cart with a - = Leakey carts I try to find the best fit and just refill them.

Bob:rolleyes:

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
JustJulie: Thanks for your informative post. I have been trying to get warranty parts for my KB extended and my emails and PM's have not been answered. Now I have some insight as to why that may be. I would feel better if any communication could have been dispatched. Not knowing is always irritating.

Cheers.

I just heard from Jeff on my order, and I think it would be fair to say that they're swamped.

From what it sounds like, they're waiting on some parts/carts/liquids that are supposed to arrive this week, and they're pretty much shipping stuff out as fast as they get it in. Basically, they're getting in weekly shipments now, and they'll soon be caught up from the backlog that the bad Duras caused.

If you sent in Dura batteries, they'll replace, at your choice, with Dura-C batteries (with the switch) or with automatic batteries (due in later this month).

Kissbox atomizers are still out of stock, but they're expecting them in this week's shipment, along with some additional carts and liquids.

Hope this helps. My guess is that Jeff is too busy trying to get orders out to hang out much on the forums right now.

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
I would feel better if any communication could have been dispatched. Not knowing is always irritating.

You know, I really like Jeff (although, of course, I've never met him in person). He just seems like a nice guy who believes in his products and appreciates his customers. Up until everything went to hell in a handbasket with the Dura fiasco, Jeff was more than prompt in his communications with me.

Over the last couple of months, though, communication hasn't been so great. But, like I said, there are extenuating circumstances, and I like Jeff enough that I am perfectly willing to cut him some slack.

But, yes, I do find it irritating that e-mails aren't being promptly responded to, that the web site isn't updated to reflect the true status of items in stock, etc.

But then when I get irritated, I try to remember that they really are swamped right now. I mean, it's not like I'm worried that they're going to take my money and run or that they're not going to honor warranty claims. This is not a fly by night operation.

I just get the feeling that there aren't enough hours in the day or hands on deck to deal with the volume right now. They need to hire more help. :)

By the way, you might want to double-check your spam folder. Some of Jeff's e-mails are getting caught in spam filters.

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Just wanted to post that I think JantyUSA seems to be making good headway.

I received my Kissbox atomizers, the liquids I ordered, replacements for my old Dura batteries (actually, he doubled the number of batteries--I love that guy!), and I'm only missing a couple of boxes of cartridges, which I can do without since he comped me some liquid. :wub: I figure my Dura PCC will eventually show up when it comes back into stock.

And best yet, I'm working on Day Two with my Dura-C, and it's performing flawlessly.

Oh, yes . . . life is GOOD. :D

Yo, Jeff . . . if you ever read this thread . . . I love you, man! :)

VapeAllDay

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I'm glad to hear you got your KB atomizer, because I placed an order on the site for an atomizer and pass through, and I assumed they were in stock, because there is nothing on their site that indicates anything is out of stock.

I love the sites that actually show their stock amount, so you can feel a little more certain you are actually ordering something that will be shipped shortly. Unfortunately with these devices, when we order parts, we actually usually need them ASAP, so it would be nice if everyone was up to date on their stock so we aren't waiting around shaking like crackheads while nothing is actually coming.

Then again, I am the kind of person that wants something now and will pay whatever it takes. Terrible character flaw!

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Hi Julie, can you tell my what address you return bad batteries to Janty at?

I sent in my batteries a long time ago, and I understand there has been a move since then.

For what it's worth, the return address for the shipment I just received:

Xpressales
4717 Park Bend Dr.
Fort Worth, TX 76137

Honestly, though, I wouldn't worry overly much about sending your batteries in until you hear from Jeff what he wants you to do. My guess is that even if he tells you to send them back, he will still ship replacements without waiting for the defective ones to arrive.

Have you checked your spam folder to make sure you haven't had any correspondence snagged by your filter? I know some people have reported correspondence from JantyUSA as winding up in their spam folder.

VapeAllDay--I know what you mean. I think JantyUSA's website looks awesome, but it's barely functional. Even if they're not able to show realtime inventory on the site, Janty should be able to modify the home page to give announcements on availability.

For what it's worth, penstyle atomizers from PureSmoker work just fine with the Kissbox so long as you have the Kissbox switch installed. :)

nicosnack

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA USA
I got my first Kissbox Extended just two days ago... it took over a week, I did get a shipping e-mail. However, the USB cable was not there. I got a very quick e-mail response when I queried, saying it would be shipped later this week.

I think we are just gearing up following the lengthy Chinese holiday. Suppliers are catching up with back orders as supplies come in?(Why does every country other than the US seem to have these great, lengthy holidays??)

After two days, I think I like a switch model, and Janty Cappuccino cartridges are deeeelicious! I'll have to get a bottle of it.

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA
Jeff @ JantyUSA Has Always Been Great with My Orders, Support, Warranty on All My Dura(s) Issues.

Jeff Has Always Answered all my emails within an hour or so (business hours, he does not sleep there) and has replaced defective items immediately without any issues (if in stock).

In Fact When They Were Out Of Stock of The Dura Parts Jeff Emailed Me & Asked If I Wanted To Wait, Wanted Something Else Or Other, As Well As Notifying Me When He Received Replacement Parts and Was Going To Ship Them To Me!

JantyUSA Has Been Swamped With Tons Of Long Emails That Were Poorly Written & Poor Subject Lines (taking a lot longer to process them that way), Back Ordered, Etc, I Believe Jeff Is Doing A Great Job and is Probably Doing the Work of (3) People.

As For The Issues With The Website, I am Sure Thats Janty's Issues & Not Jeff's. I Do Think The Website Issues Should Be Corrected and That Janty (maybe Ludo) Should Be contacted about these annoying issues.

Just My Thanks To Jeff & JantyUSA For His Great Customer Service.

Keep Vapin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread