how to make my coolfire 2 look less like a hand grenade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cap'nTripps

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
The South
I recently brought my first apv; coolfire 2. I love the thing - the tank is great, it sits beautifully in my hand, its very compact and sturdy, and is user-friendly enough for a new user like me. Of course, the thing looks like a frigging ww2 pinapple grenade, and I live in the UK, an extremely gun-free and weapon paranoid country. It may sound insane to some, but if youre caught with something even remotely resembling a firearm or weapon or public, you can almost guarantee being held at gunpoint by armed police, no joke.

So all im really after is some type of sheathe thatll snugly fit the apv; i was thinking of a rubber coat or something. I really doubt theres an accessory on the market for this device (it doesnt seem to have caught on with vapers), so i guess id have to make this coating myself, but have no idea how to do so. Anyone out there know how id go about making something like that?

BobbyQ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Houston
You could try something like this
yru7e2yq.jpg

Cap'nTripps

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
The South
Yeah, that's the kind of thing i was thinking of. The coolfires a bit of a coffee table apv mostly to be used indoors, but itd be nice to have the option to take it out and about. I havent actually had the pleasure of using it yet, as the batteries havent arrived. (I only brought the frag grenade a couple days ago)

Btw it doesnt state in the manual if it takes the flattop batteries or the button headed ones?

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Paint it pink with purple polka dots.

Ummm... Hello Kitty J-Wrap?

Seriously, it's such an odd shape that no one will be coming up with a wrap for this one. Even if I had one in the US I wouldn't use it as my out in public vape. It looks like it would be a comfortable hand fit, but the comfort zone for those things stops right there.

Brend

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2013
USA
Thanks Rickajho - I tried the advanced but I'm still stupid. I research full time, hunting things & know mastering any
sites search engine is key. I think I'm just gonna have to keep reading everything that catches my eye. I can use
the education.

So for ops incognito desires - there are kids juice bottles from Little Hugs that are barrel shaped plastic -
if you can get your hands on one ( compare size to your cool fire 2 ) get creative/crafty, you maybe could
make a removable cover.

Yeah wraps, decorative tinfoil?

Cap'nTripps

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
The South
Sod it-I'll just phone the company I brought it from and ask them if it takes button top or flat top batteries. Kind of ...... of that the instruction manual doesn't specify what model battery it takes, that's just really unhelpful. I'll check out that mist hub site just in case though.

Anyways, I think I will just keep this as my indoor vape, and use the old Evods for travel/outdoor, so I'll probably abandon the idea of making a case for it. (Finding which batteries to use is more of a priority right now.)

Edit: well, I had no luck whatsoever using search; just ads and reviews, but I saw a review on YouTube where a guy used the flattop, so I guess that's sorted now.

A purpose built case for this model seems pretty unlikely, as it doesn't seem to be a very popular APV, though I could be wrong, so getting a bit creative is gonna be necessary, as pointed out.

Edit: in the end, I just used the simplest solution possible re concealment: I just keep it in a drawstring bag, you don't need to remove the pv to operate the fire button, although ventilation is a concern.

Last edited:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Btw it doesnt state in the manual if it takes the flattop batteries or the button headed ones?

Takes Flattop.

Oh never mind the search - doesn't help-it's gotta be me but I never have any success with the search here.

Use Google...type in "site:e-cigarette-forum.com XYZ" where XYZ is what you're searching for...

Cap'nTripps

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
The South
Ive been using the frag grenade 4 a few weeks now, it gets a LOT of attention, and not the bad kind; ie i havent been held at gunpoint by armed police death squads yet (uk cops=very trigger happy)...its a great pv except for dissapointing battery life, but i always carry spares in my pouch. Im a fan of innokin products for sure now, and i think i may get an mvp 2.0 next week - ive seen one for only 35 quid.

My only concern is the fire button has a habit of sticking in and is quite hard to get back out-its not springy like my evods. Any tips on how to fix this? I considering using a tiny bit of wd40 in there, but im not sure.

Edit: I won't be getting the MVP after all; the battery's integral, and can't be changed.

Last edited:

AntC

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2014
United States
There may not be a wrap designed for this exact mod, but maybe you can order just a sheet of the material, or a wrap for a bigger mod with no holes, that you can cut to fit your mod. Theres other materials that have adhesive, but the wraps are going to come off without leaving the sticky residue behind. I haven't seen a wrap made for my mod either, so I was thinking of lookin into getting some of the wrap material, if they sell it like that. Shoot id pay a lil extra for just a sheet of the wrap material.

zanedog

Moved On
Jan 28, 2014
Alberta
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Inappropriate

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
Ive been using the frag grenade 4 a few weeks now, it gets a LOT of attention, and not the bad kind; ie i havent been held at gunpoint by armed police death squads yet (uk cops=very trigger happy)...its a great pv except for dissapointing battery life, but i always carry spares in my pouch. Im a fan of innokin products for sure now, and i think i may get an mvp 2.0 next week - ive seen one for only 35 quid.

My only concern is the fire button has a habit of sticking in and is quite hard to get back out-its not springy like my evods. Any tips on how to fix this? I considering using a tiny bit of wd40 in there, but im not sure.

Edit: I won't be getting the MVP after all; the battery's integral, and can't be changed.

I think you're missing out, JMHO but the MVP is really a great mod for a great price. With the MVP you get a mod (with an ohmmeter, VV and VW), a horkin battery, and a charger, all in one. You could probably buy 2 for the price of the frag grenade (without batt or charger).

You can carry around spare batts, charge them diligently, keep track of which are charged and which are not, it's a bunch of hassles the MVP avoids completely, and I at least have never felt it had "disappointing battery life".

Just my two cents.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread