Status
Not open for further replies.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
The things I find to entertain myself at 3:30 AM... ;-)

A Kanger EVOD battery is a Kanger brand version of an eGo battery that is color matched to the Kanger EVOD clearomizer.

A CE4 is a top coil/top fill (TCC), removable drip tip clearomizer. Some have extended wicks that don't require "tipping" of the device to insure adequate juice supply. The coil, or heat source is closer to the drip tip and may offer a warmer vape. Many find the CE4 (or most any other top coil/top fill) device easier to fill/refill.

The MT3 (discontinued and replaced with the MT3S - for which the base and coil head are separate) is a Kanger brand clearomizer with bottom coil/bottom fill (BCC) and color matched metal shielding (hence the 'M' designation vs the T3) around the tank.
The drip tip is permanently attached. The coil head can be replaced without draining the tank. The MT3S is longer and has greater capacity than the EVOD.

BC vs. TC tends to be the greatest variable with clearomizers. There are numerous small variations between brands... more like "features" that may or may not appeal to the individual. There are fervent supporters of both types.

IMO - with the advent of fairly low cost, pyrex glass tank clearos... or "glassomizers" like the Kanger Protank Mini... plastic clearomizer sales have slowed, other than for new vapists. Once you have a juice that corrodes your plastic tank (called "tank crackers")... the extra cost of a completely disassembleable, rebuildable glass tank atomizer seems more than reasonable.

That's about it.... I don't use clearos anymore, so that's all I can remember. :p

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Unless I am wrong, EVOD started out as a Kanger clearomiser. Then Kanger started making kits with the name on what is essentially and eGo battery.

There is not really any difference between basic e-cig batteries, just the size and mAh.

However, i.m.o. the CE4 vs the MT3 is a good battle! For me, the MT3 (T3S) etc. are much better.

pfaber11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
england
I use ego and ce4 setups and find them very good. there are quality ce4 s and cheap ones . the quality ones being about 3 pounds and the rubbish ones about 2 pounds. I've heard it banded around on here the ce4 s leak well that is not what I've found , never had one leak yet. haven't tried an evod so can't tell you the difference.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
What's the difference between an EGO with a CE4 and an EVOD with a MT3?

The only real difference, CE4 is a Top coil Clearomizer - MT3 (MT3S) is a Bottom coil Clearomizer.
Everything else is just the same stuff in a different package.

TxTigger

Sep 23, 2012
Texas, U.S.A.
To All,
Sorry I'm responding so late after your reply but I had to go out of town to take care of a friend that just had back surgery and couldn't take my computer with me. So, I'm actually just now reading all of your answers and you have no idea how much I appreciate them. They are so incredibly helpful. Thank you all so very much.

Truly Yours,
STT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread