Status
Not open for further replies.

k0rtnei

Jan 23, 2014
Kingsport, TN
As a "seasoned" newbie, I recently purchased some vapegear (on 3/15). Now that it has arrived, I thought it would be nice to share my experience with you guys. This might be more appropriate in another forum, but I figured it might help some of those ego-ERs wishing to go further into the world of APVs so I put it in general discussion. This is not a product review. It is just a positive vendor review. The only place I found for review of suppliers was to post negative feedback, so I'm laying it all out elsewhere. So here it is:

(1) kidneypuncher.com
-ordered several varieties/gauges of kanthal and nichrome (to try out), small bag of organic cotton, ceramic wicking, stainless steel mesh
-order placed on wee hours of 3/15, arrived to me on 3/17 CRAZY FAST SHIPPING! Didn't pay extra for faster shipping, so that was awesome! From AZ all the way to TN in 2 days.
-received everything in perfect order, very pleased
-website was easy to navigate, I actually heard of KP thanks to Rip Trippers, they really do have everything for coil building in a one stop shop...I ordered 3ft increments of each wire, just to test, but they have bulk quantities as well (but not for the best bulk price)...reasonably priced for someone just looking to try out a few different varieties
-offered products for the more experienced vaper
-unfortunately a lot of listed items weren't in stock, but they did offer pre orders

(2) kidneypuncher.com
-also placed a pre-order separately for The Russian 91% rba, still waiting on it
-they have been very diligent in keeping pre-orders informed of the estimated ship date

(3) cloud9vaping.com
-ordered a kayfun lite plus, battery cases, drip tips, colored kayfun tank, large kayfun tank, extended chimney, spare parts
-placed on 3/15, arrived on 3/24...from the UK to Tennessee in 9 days, not bad at all
-I tracked the item through the Royal Mail site, then once it left Europe, it fell under USPS whom wasn't as speedy at updating their tracking info, it stayed in NY for 4 days at the international processing unit, I'm sure that's due to customs and all
-everything received just as pictured, seal on KFL was NOT broken, nice packaging, very pleased overall
-website set up nicely, they offer a lot of things exotic to the US vaping world...many brands I've never heard of but also many I'm familiar with
-out of all the websites this one had the most IN STOCK items, definitely worth the wait

(4) vividsmoke.com
-ordered color kayfun tanks, battery charger, ohm meter, couple sony vtc4 batteries
-placed on 3/15, arrived on 3/20...from CA to TN in 5 days
-everything was great, not disappointed in products at all, their kayfun clone tanks fit the kayfun great
-website was easy to navigate, only problem was they too didn't carry a lot of in stock items
-mostly offered less advanced hardware and accessories as IN STOCK...things more advanced were listed yet couldn't be purchased due to their OUT OF STOCK status, with no word of when they'd be available

(5) provape.com
-finally broke down and ordered a provari, along with batteries and an extended cap, figured I'd better start there before jumping on a mech mod
-ordered on 3/15, arrived on 3/21, from WA to TN in 6 days (it took 3 days to process then 3 more to get here)
-fell in love when I opened the box, smaller packaging than expected but that's not a bad thing
-the website was surprisingly NOT just cut and dry...you have to sift through all of the other provari colors to find the one you're looking for, and their SOLD OUT is not very noticeable. Originally I was looking for a pink one (because obviously I'm not a dude), and it kept showing that they had it, but when I'd try to add it to the cart, only then would it tell me it was out of stock.
-only provaris, batteries, and chargers are offered here
-it is THE cheapest place to find a brand new one, my local vape shop charges $250 for just a provari with no extras, whereas provape offers theirs for roughly <$200
-I did not buy the 2 station battery charger here...because for $6 more I could get a 4 station intelligent charger (but I did buy their batteries because I was too lazy to place yet another order)

(6) ssvape.com
-pre ordered the hana modz v3 (clearly I've been watching too much Rip)
-ordered on 3/15/2014, hopefully I will see it before 3/15/3014
-when I first ordered it, it clearly stated that all orders placed in March will experience a 6-8 week wait...I'm completely cool with this, I knew it going in
-but...4 days later the site then states that orders will experience a 8-10 week wait, so who knows how long it will be
-website was set up similar to vividsmoke, easy to navigate (which is should be since they don't have much listed)
-I'm surprised they don't offer more considering they have a few B&M locations. They appear to not deal with mechanicals, nor are there any egos listed on their site. So I assume the website falls in between, offering mostly vv/vw APVs and less advanced tanks (protanks, iclears, novas, etc.). If you're looking for a zmax, this is for you.

So, partly because I want to share my experience, and partly because I'm bored up at night, I have disclosed this to you all. I am extremely pleased with all of my purchases, and everything overall went great. These were great companies to deal with. Sadly, I am still wondering about the hana, but I'm sure it will be here before I know it. I hope this helps anyone on the fence about where to order from. Trust me, I researched the bejeezus out of each item and each site looking for the best price. I will post an update when the remainder of the order arrives. I had researched for weeks and made sure of what I exactly wanted, because this many orders all at once is not a common thing for me. If you do decide you want/need some of the items I've listed, at least this will give you a jumping off point of where to start. Happy Vaping! :)

k0rtnei

Jan 23, 2014
Kingsport, TN
Lol it wasn't cheap, around 1k...I remember the first time I got on ECF and seeing a post where someone had dropped $500 on vapegear and it blew my mind! But now I totally understand...plus I could go 100 days and spend that on analogs, having nothing to show for it. Instead of buying things here and there, I just researched what I wanted and got it all at once.

I searched and searched and realized a dna device would probably be better for me as opposed to a mech mod (for now). I originally started with a protovapor xpv, but decided against it and went for the hana (only after finding out everything I could about comparable devices, such as the nexgen futura, dbmodz, zen zna).

Then I knew I'd want a provari for sure. I looked at less expensive devices but figured no matter what I got, I'd eventually keep going until I got to a provari, so I skipped it all. I bounced back and forth between the sigelei zmax v5, the svoemesto semovar, and the smoktech zmax before knowing for sure.

As for the atomizer, I knew I wanted a rebuildable tank. I want to build my own coils, but I'm too lazy for a dripper. I decided on what was most important to me, which was vapor quality/amount that would include a tank, but the best flavor possible wasn't as much of a priority or I would've went with an RDA. That really narrowed it down quite a bit. I decided on the kayfun lite plus and the russian 91, because I couldn't decide on one or the other. If I don't like one of them I can always sell it.

It was kind of a birthday present to myself as well. I don't see myself doing this often. I don't want to. I'm actually happy with what I've got. Im the type that likes to bypass everything else in order to get to where I want to be, which isn't always a good thing in life, but when it comes to vaping I wouldn't do it any other way.

Peter_C

Who?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
Akron, Ohio
www.facebook.com
I've been down this same road, using many of the same exact vendors (just not the Hana mod yet). I agree with your assessment completely~! The one direction I've moved into that I am still very much enjoying is tank/cartos~! IBTanked is a great vendor for tanks, SureVapes for carto supplies (among other shops as well). Since I like cartos so much, the 'Billet Box' mod is just choice - am actually using it more than my ProVari and tanks. Batteries, tank, carto is all in the box, only the drip tip is outside - very sweet.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Holy moley I know this is TMI but how much did all that cost???

less than one life.

you can see almost what i've spent since the end of Feb if you look at my ticker counter in my signature. minus about $400 from that total as of right now and all that's been since then.

though, other than nickel and dime stuff and a small order of nic base, i'm probably good for a couple years at this point. there's a point where you can catch up quickly if you want to. ;)

Bontasia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2014
Texas
less than one life.

Well said =)

I spent about $100 on my first battery/tank set up from a Halo-like online place but it was before I found these forums so I had NO idea any of this non-proprietary stuff existed. Now I'm stuck with this stuff I can only maintain with their products. I'm not gonna stress about it though because it got me off analogs which I'd been smoking 29 years.

I'm gonna upgrade soon and pass this stuff along to someone else. The problem is I want all the stuff NOW so I have to try really hard to be patient =)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bontasia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2014
Texas
THere is alot to be said for what the OP did in buying good quality out of the box.

I agree 100%. I really want a provari and a few really nice tanks but I don't have the money at the moment. I'm thinking I'll start saving some of that cigarette money I'm not spending and buy it when I hit my 6 months smoke-free. Till then I'll keep making my little eliquid purchases to provide my vape retail therapy =)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread