Need help understanding the differences between fusion & platinum, LR and SR and how they vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigmus9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Texas
I've been very happy with my cartotank setup from ibtanked using the standard size ikenvape fusion LR 2 hole punch cartos. I have a XL size tank incoming and of course will need to get some mega size cartos but cannot decide whether to get the fusion or platinum or slotted and what resistance to get them in. Oh and I cant tell the difference in resistance in the SR and LR mega platinums cause they have the same 3.0ohm resistance listed in their descriptions on the site.

I use 50/50 juices with 12mg nic. I have a iTaste vv/vw v.3 and a Smoktech Sid that I generally set at 8.5W. And I chain vape, I vape a lot usually going through about 3ml's a day.

I want to understand what the vaping characteristics are between these options. What I am looking to achieve is the best vapor and TH experience whilst avoiding leaking and burnt taste. gurgling doest matter to me so long as it isn't hurting the performance. Taste is of course important too which is why I went with a cartotank system but out of my cartotank system I want the best vapor production and TH I can get without the burnt taste or dry hits 1st and foremost.

Help? and Thank you

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Here's a fantastic excerpt I have been using to describe the differences efficiently in emails. :)

I’ll explain the difference between Platinum and Fusion without going into too much detail but will cover everything.
Remember, you can also use an 801 Fusion with a Fusion adapter. The flange does help. Also the 510 variation has this feature as well.
Big difference but good performance. The batting densities are tighter on the Fusion line and looser on the Platinum as is the draw. One of the main differences, is that they actually use two different types of coils. The Platinum focuses more on flavor as the Fusion is more on feel. Though with the airflow modifications, it allows us to tune the draw which plays heavily on both flavor and feel. The platinum has the more loose draw like a boge with a slightly cooler feel as the Fusion line is tuned for a tighter draw that enhances feel as the coil keeps the flavor in check.

The S series has been made for users who use thicker liquids though they do work just fine for lighter bases. I find the V2 Punch 3mm works the best personally speaking as I use higher PG ratios. I think based on your selection you should be totally fine. It’s always best to purchase in small amounts so you can get a feel for the device rather than going full in.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
That's the nice thing about the two. Some people like Platinums better and some Fusions. He gives you the best of both worlds.
Thanks! Did I tell you about the Diamond line? It's supposed to be the perfect balance between the two but the factory doesn't want to give us leeway with sizes, dimensions and punched variations :(

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
You need a big ole burly guy to take care of straightening those folk out. I remember the Diamond Line though. If I ever win the lottery I will build an Ikenvape Cartomizer Plant. But don't hold your breath because my luck isn't that good in that dept.

That is exactly what we need. An Ikenvape Plant. I will continue to support you Isaac and buy what ever I can from you. Hopefully one day this will happen. Would love to see American made Cartomizers with great quality.
Thank you so much guys! Believe me, we're on to something here. ;)

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Sure, here's a Fusion Tree.

gdwa.jpg

aman74

Mar 25, 2014
Cleveland, OH USA
Here's a fantastic excerpt I have been using to describe the differences efficiently in emails. :)

I’ll explain the difference between Platinum and Fusion without going into too much detail but will cover everything.
Remember, you can also use an 801 Fusion with a Fusion adapter. The flange does help. Also the 510 variation has this feature as well.
Big difference but good performance. The batting densities are tighter on the Fusion line and looser on the Platinum as is the draw. One of the main differences, is that they actually use two different types of coils. The Platinum focuses more on flavor as the Fusion is more on feel. Though with the airflow modifications, it allows us to tune the draw which plays heavily on both flavor and feel. The platinum has the more loose draw like a boge with a slightly cooler feel as the Fusion line is tuned for a tighter draw that enhances feel as the coil keeps the flavor in check.

The S series has been made for users who use thicker liquids though they do work just fine for lighter bases. I find the V2 Punch 3mm works the best personally speaking as I use higher PG ratios. I think based on your selection you should be totally fine. It’s always best to purchase in small amounts so you can get a feel for the device rather than going full in.

I'm not seeing the 510's with a flange? I don't see any 510 Fusions.

Also, you have some conflicting info here: http://ikenvape.com/Platinum-Series/IKV-510-Platinum-LR-2-0.html

The Ohm's in the description says 2.2, but at the top it says 2.0. It's also called a 510 Platinum, yet appears to be different than the Punch V2? One would think the Punch was just a punched version. Honestly, I can't really make heads or tails of your site and if it weren't for all the info here I'd really not know what was going on with your product lines.

I was going to oder some 801's because they're in stock, but then the 510 adapter is out of stock. :(

Last edited:

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I'm not seeing the 510's with a flange? I don't see any 510 Fusions.

Also, you have some conflicting info here: IKV 510 Platinum LR 2.0

The Ohm's in the description says 2.2, but at the top it says 2.0. It's also called a 510 Platinum, yet appears to be different than the Punch V2? One would think the Punch was just a punched version. Honestly, I can't really make heads or tails of your site and if it weren't for all the info here I'd really not know what was going on with your product lines.

I was going to oder some 801's because they're in stock, but then the 510 adapter is out of stock. :(
He had to change sites lately and still working out some bugs. If there's anything I can help you with please don't hesitate to ask.

aman74

Mar 25, 2014
Cleveland, OH USA
He had to change sites lately and still working out some bugs. If there's anything I can help you with please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks. Well, the two I asked so far would be help. I don't see any 510 Fusions, but his post said there are 510's with a flange? I'm a new vapor and I've got an Ego Twist coming. I'm not quite sure I understand the difference between Ego threads and 510 threads since the Twist is compatible with both. I ordered an air flow controller with it, but I got it in Ego threads because it looks like it will then act as a beauty ring. I won't know until I get it if I chose right. I'm just thinking if I get the 801 Fusions with the adapter that I might then need a 510 air flow valve. Hard for me to visualize until I see it in person. Is there any downside to using the 801's with an adapter? I guess it just adds a bit of length? I heard there are adapters smaller than the Ikenvape one?

Also wondering if the cartos I linked to are different than the Punch V2's? I can't tell if it's a different product, but the pictures are different.

Also, just another tip about the site, but I spent a lot of time looking and was about to make an order, but then I realized you can't see that they are out of stock until you click on them. Some on the front page say OOS, so I thought the others were in stock.

Once I get this all figured out I'd like to make an order or at least sign up to be notified. How often do them come in stock? Can I order in advance or is the notification the best I can do in that regard?

Thanks

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Thanks. Well, the two I asked so far would be help. I don't see any 510 Fusions, but his post said there are 510's with a flange? I'm a new vapor and I've got an Ego Twist coming. I'm not quite sure I understand the difference between Ego threads and 510 threads since the Twist is compatible with both. I ordered an air flow controller with it, but I got it in Ego threads because it looks like it will then act as a beauty ring. I won't know until I get it if I chose right. I'm just thinking if I get the 801 Fusions with the adapter that I might then need a 510 air flow valve. Hard for me to visualize until I see it in person. Is there any downside to using the 801's with an adapter? I guess it just adds a bit of length? I heard there are adapters smaller than the Ikenvape one?

Also wondering if the cartos I linked to are different than the Punch V2's? I can't tell if it's a different product, but the pictures are different.

Also, just another tip about the site, but I spent a lot of time looking and was about to make an order, but then I realized you can't see that they are out of stock until you click on them. Some on the front page say OOS, so I thought the others were in stock.

Once I get this all figured out I'd like to make an order or at least sign up to be notified. How often do them come in stock? Can I order in advance or is the notification the best I can do in that regard?

Thanks

Aman he does have things to fix on this new site. So far he's been concerned with making it work right. A lot of those images are stock photos and I find its best to read the description at the bottom of the page.
510 threads are a male threading that the Ecig industry uses. The Ego threads are, as you suggested, to hold a beauty ring to cover the gap between the Ego and the carto. They have, since their creation, migrated to all sorts of Pvs. I have a variable box mod with them. So a 510 Ego thread is a combination of the two.
Ego-threads_zps43da7535.png

The punched V2 is the Platinum cartomizer. It is a great carto and many like them better than Fusions. I believe you would like them as they are modeled on the Fusion frame.
An adapter, which I use a lot, is going to ad length to your setup if you go that route so If you can stand that your okay.
Just make sure you pay attention to the ohms for whatever you buy because the higher ohm cartos are for high voltage mods and don't work well on 3.7 volt devices. I've never used a 510 air flow valve so I can't give you any advice on it.
As for the 510 Fusion, I twittered him to ask and haven't got an answer yet. I will post an answer when I find out.

Last edited:

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Aman he does have things to fix on this new site. So far he's been concerned with making it work right. A lot of those images are stock photos and I find its best to read the description at the bottom of the page.
510 threads are a male threading that the Ecig industry uses. The Ego threads are, as you suggested, to hold a beauty ring to cover the gap between the Ego and the carto. They have, since their creation, migrated to all sorts of Pvs. I have a variable box mod with them. So a 510 Ego thread is a combination of the two.

The punched V2 is the Platinum cartomizer. It is a great carto and many like them better than Fusions. I believe you would like them as they are modeled on the Fusion frame.
An adapter, which I use a lot, is going to ad length to your setup if you go that route so If you can stand that your okay.
Just make sure you pay attention to the ohms for whatever you buy because the higher ohm cartos are for high voltage mods and don't work well on 3.7 volt devices. I've never used a 510 air flow valve so I can't give you any advice on it.
As for the 510 Fusion, I twittered him to ask and haven't got an answer yet. I will post an answer when I find out.
EXCELLENT reply J5!
Thank you so much buddy! Man, you are Awesome.

Aman:
The 510 Fusion is still on the verge of being extinct based on Nitro feedback Though the Fusion line for the 801s where they originated from will stay intact.
The Platinums undergone a slight modification which costed us Heavily. Almost enough to cripple IKV. I'm still hesitant on retrying them.

aman74

Mar 25, 2014
Cleveland, OH USA

Thanks. Helps a bit. I just couldn't discern if the unpunched version was actually any different?

Thanks for the pic and the tweet!

I have a Twist so can go above 3.7...from what I'm reading people go up to about 3ohm cartos on them. I'm new so don't have a preference yet. I ordered some 2ohm smoktechs for the time being.

Any thoughts on the S version? And now these Nitros?

aman74

Mar 25, 2014
Cleveland, OH USA
EXCELLENT reply J5!
Thank you so much buddy! Man, you are Awesome.

Aman:
The 510 Fusion is still on the verge of being extinct based on Nitro feedback Though the Fusion line for the 801s where they originated from will stay intact.
The Platinums undergone a slight modification which costed us Heavily. Almost enough to cripple IKV. I'm still hesitant on retrying them.

Oh ok, I guess the 510 Fusion isn't even on the site then. You had mentioned a flanged 510, so I thought that was current.

Ok, so the Nitro might be the replacement? I see they're actually in stock. I wished I had noticed them before as I was just looking in the punched section. You might want to put them in their as I just went and ordered some Smoktechs not knowing you had any punched cartos available.

I guess I'm still confused though as you're saying there might not be any more 510 Fusions and now are also saying you might not make any more Platinums either because of problems you had in production. So now it's only Nitros in 510 threading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread