Aspire Nautilus vs Kanger Aerotank Mega & Aerotank Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombiecan

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2014
So I'm going to VapeBash 3 in Rosemont Illinois on April 11th and 12th and I was looking to pick up a new mod an rda maybe a patriot and also the Aspire nautilus because of all the good reviews and right now I am using kanger protanks. Everyone says how much better the nautilus is better than the protanks but I just saw PBusardo's latest video on the new Kanger Aerotank Mega & Aerotank Mini right here: A PBusardo Review - The New Kanger AeroTank Mini …: http://youtu.be/n6VbZwFcgCo and now he is recommending the mega and mini and says how similar in performance the mega is compared to the kayfun. Does any one have any of these or both yet? Any input would help a lot. Idk when the Kanger Aerotank Mega will be out or if it will available at VapeBash 3 but if it is not should I wait for it instead on picking up the Nautilus?

... Sent from my LG G2

Recycled Roadkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2013
Garland, TX
I have the Nautilus sitting unfilled beside me. While I'm fine with glass attys this one seem particularly vulnerable to breakage with as little as one tip over. I'm always knocking over my tube mods and lucky I haven't broken any of my other tanks aside from the fact they're better protected.

Too bad the Nautilus won't fit inside my VTR.

While I've only seen the Kanger mega it looks pretty solid.

Zombiecan

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2014
Yea I noticed the mega seemed pretty solid and well built. The Pyrex glass of it for the the tank is pretty darn thick and it also comes with the metal piece for the tank making look even tougher. New head design seems awesome as well not the usual kanger coil heads that have been used over and over with every kanger tank that has come out

... Sent from my LG G2

rogergendron1

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
woburn ma
I have been using the pro tank since it came out and it was a great clearomizer and it has been a great clearo miser for a long time.... I kept eyeballing the nautalis and thinking about how expensive it was and if it was worth the cost so I gave in and decided to step away from the pro tanks and give the Nautilus a try...

the build quality of this thing is completely amazing it is a quality piece of equipment and vapes a whole lot better than the protank . So far no issues with flooding or anything !!! And the coils are the right ohms for a mech 1.6 and 1.8 .

All i can say is this is by far the best non rebuildable on the market ! I am an rba rda guy and this comes quite close to the flavor production of a kayfun or a fogger well built . This is perfect for those looking for kayfun like vape but in a cheaper more portable package .

I srsly cant wait to try a rebuild on the coils !

I am us oing it on a magneto in 18650 mode and its preforming awsome

OldSeer

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Sun's Shadow, USA
So I'm going to VapeBash 3 in Rosemont Illinois on April 11th and 12th and I was looking to pick up a new mod an rda maybe a patriot and also the Aspire Nautilus because of all the good reviews and right now I am using kanger protanks. Everyone says how much better the Nautilus is better than the protanks but I just saw PBusardo's latest video on the new Kanger Aerotank Mega & Aerotank Mini right here: A PBusardo Review - The New Kanger AeroTank Mini …: A PBusardo Review - The New Kanger AeroTank Mini & Mega - YouTube and now he is recommending the mega and mini and says how similar in performance the mega is compared to the kayfun. Does any one have any of these or both yet? Any input would help a lot. Idk when the Kanger Aerotank Mega will be out or if it will available at VapeBash 3 but if it is not should I wait for it instead on picking up the Nautilus?

... Sent from my LG G2
Remember this when you think you're looking at a brand new product from Kanger... the mini or the mega...
Though they've put their coils inside a tank... have they REALLY changed anything???
you can enlarge AIR HOLES on the side all you want... but when the AIR goes in where does it travel too...
In the cases of the Mini and the MEGA if follows the same path as the old dual coils of the Kangers bdcs
right straight down!

Down to that little contact pin's hole (that is only so big)
And then it travels up to hit that first coils (and there the air splits off)
and because the two coils are stacked directly on top of each other...
the top coil gets NO AIR hitting anyway like it is suppose to.
NOTE: there is a little piece of filler wick even stuck between the two coils

Now if you were to look at the Natilus you'll see its contact pin has two holes on the sides
and the coils inside the tank (heads) are crossed so when the vortex of air passes up
it hits both coils.
The same holes and crossing (intersecting coils) you'll find on Innokins 30B

Kanger knows about their problems of not crossing their coils but hard headed
and changing their product lines is presently not in their future.
They Know they can and are making money with what they have and there is
a huge inventory of their old heads (coils) out there that they have to get rid of.
So that's their story and they're sticking to it!

rogergendron1

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
woburn ma
OldSeer:12754091 said:
So I'm going to VapeBash 3 in Rosemont Illinois on April 11th and 12th and I was looking to pick up a new mod an rda maybe a patriot and also the Aspire Nautilus because of all the good reviews and right now I am using kanger protanks. Everyone says how much better the Nautilus is better than the protanks but I just saw PBusardo's latest video on the new Kanger Aerotank Mega & Aerotank Mini right here: A PBusardo Review - The New Kanger AeroTank Mini …: A PBusardo Review - The New Kanger AeroTank Mini & Mega - YouTube and now he is recommending the mega and mini and says how similar in performance the mega is compared to the kayfun. Does any one have any of these or both yet? Any input would help a lot. Idk when the Kanger Aerotank Mega will be out or if it will available at VapeBash 3 but if it is not should I wait for it instead on picking up the Nautilus?

... Sent from my LG G2
Remember this when you think you're looking at a brand new product from Kanger... the mini or the mega...
Though they've put their coils inside a tank... have they REALLY changed anything???
you can enlarge AIR HOLES on the side all you want... but when the AIR goes in where does it travel too...
In the cases of the Mini and the MEGA if follows the same path as the old dual coils of the Kangers bdcs
right straight down!

Down to that little contact pin's hole (that is only so big)
And then it travels up to hit that first coils (and there the air splits off)
and because the two coils are stacked directly on top of each other...
the top coil gets NO AIR hitting anyway like it is suppose to.
NOTE: there is a little piece of filler wick even stuck between the two coils

Now if you were to look at the Natilus you'll see its contact pin has two holes on the sides
and the coils inside the tank (heads) are crossed so when the vortex of air passes up
it hits both coils.
The same holes and crossing (intersecting coils) you'll find on Innokins 30B

Kanger knows about their problems of not crossing their coils but hard headed
and changing their product lines is presently not in their future.
They Know they can and are making money with what they have and there is
a huge inventory of their old heads (coils) out there that they have to get rid of.
So that's their story and they're sticking to it!

This is an excelent observation this is why i only use older protank coils in my protanks u know the ones with the hard rubber gromit and not the new silicon gromit. Also i rebuild them single coil at 1 ohm cotton. This is the only way a protank will work for me.

The aspire nautalus just works out the box and it holds a lot of jyice i have only been using it a week now and the coil is still working like a charm and hitting well i cant wait to see how this style head rebyilds with cotton micro coils and i am betting tge stock coils last at least 2 weeks

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
Wow Phil really seems impressed with the mega and mini. I didn't notice if he said how much each holds, anyone know? I may be considering a mega to try out down the road. I also really like that they include a stainless tank for it as well.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

The Mini holds 1.3ml and the Mega 3.8ml.

DejayRezme

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 22, 2014
    Europe
    I wonder if this is this is the final look for the Aerotank Mega or how it looked like in Busardo's review.
    This is from the website:
    R0014499mini_1024x1024.jpg

GeorgeWachsmuth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 19, 2014
    Riverhead, NY, USA
    Yeah.....but the stock coils on all these fall short of simple, rebuilt coils and cotton in the same coil heads. I can not speak to the Nautilus but all the others mentioned and the Iclear series are ok but just not in the same ballpark. It also seems that the double coils push the MVP to its upper limit. (Another reason I ordered an upgrade) The homemade coils do also but with a much more satisfying vape.

Last edited:

aikanae1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2013
    az
    Last edited:

Garemlin

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member