Status
Not open for further replies.

UFWHOA

Apr 15, 2010
Massachusetts
I just got my blucigs the other day and I'm loving it right now, I just wanted to know though, if it's possible to interchange parts such as the atomizer and batteries between the two names since both are pretty much identical in model. For example, could I take the volcano atty and screw a blu battery and cartridge to it and expect it to function and perform the same? Can I assume that the Volcano cartridges fit the Blu atty as well?

I'm wondering because I noticed differences in pricing, accessories and flavors between the two companies but they sell the same model. I'm just not sure if they have slightly modified designs to prevent them from being interchangeable and more brand-specific.

Thank you in advance.

They are the same exact model so interchanging would be no problem but i would send it back asap. Ive had mine for a week and im already fed up with it so i ordered a totally wicked DSE 901 2 days ago for the same exact price and it performs way better from what i hear. Sorry for the rant but i feel like i wasted 60 bucks and i dont want to see other people suffer the same fate. Hope this was useful and good luck.

-KAYGEE

UFWHOA

Apr 15, 2010
Massachusetts
@firechick: sweet! That makes me happy considering there are some accessories Volcano has that blu doesn't offer. I just want to make sure I don't ruin the device in mixing and matching parts.

@shagadelickg: sucks you didn't like it. I'm happy with it for now and I've been doing a lot of reading up and seen the complaints and praises on blu cigs, I'm just going to wait it out myself and see how far it will take me before I consider sending it off and trying something different. SO far I've been getting really good hits off of mine and haven't had any problems, of course I've been weary about any potential pitfalls, so that may help too. I guess we'll see how I feel in a week! haha

@firechick: sweet! That makes me happy considering there are some accessories Volcano has that blu doesn't offer. I just want to make sure I don't ruin the device in mixing and matching parts.

@shagadelickg: sucks you didn't like it. I'm happy with it for now and I've been doing a lot of reading up and seen the complaints and praises on blu cigs, I'm just going to wait it out myself and see how far it will take me before I consider sending it off and trying something different. SO far I've been getting really good hits off of mine and haven't had any problems, of course I've been weary about any potential pitfalls, so that may help too. I guess we'll see how I feel in a week! haha

Honestly it was good for the first 3 days, but the carts for me go by in about 30 mins. Then again im a heavy smoker so i do have to take that into account. If youre happy with it then thats great honestly. I should of stated that my response was an opinion. Im putting together a joke mod for my blu cig PCC and the atty's. I was thinking of a blu cig shotgun mod =D

UFWHOA

Apr 15, 2010
Massachusetts
Honestly it was good for the first 3 days, but the carts for me go by in about 30 mins. Then again im a heavy smoker so i do have to take that into account. If youre happy with it then thats great honestly. I should of stated that my response was an opinion. Im putting together a joke mod for my blu cig PCC and the atty's. I was thinking of a blu cig shotgun mod =D

well that sounds interesting, do it up and document the whole thing and let us know about it when you're done with it.
Right now I'm switching from drip-dipping (I place the dropper on the atomizer's wick and do one drop on each side while sliding, works great for about 10 good draws/mouthfuls) and the cartridges (removed foil, and cut down dense filling after it first thins/dries out since the rest of the juice isn't flowing through fast enough)
Keep in mind too, I don't mind the maintance (enjoy it actually) and I'm a very light smoker (I was at most 3 cigarettes in like 2 weeks) I just really like smoking but I get the fun of it while vaping with more freedom. A cartridge for me last about two days, which I think it's more accurate to say about one and a quarter hour of overall smoking time given my methods.

chev327fox

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2010
Nowheresville, ME
Havent heard good things about either, alltho I believe the Volcanos are just rebranded, so they might be ok...

Yeah I ordered a Blu without doing any research first and paid the price. They are under powered and have a very short batter life. Also I warn anyone who buys the Blu, you don't get it for almost a month and by then you got only a few days until your 30 day money back warranty is out, that's how they get you. I had mine for only 4 days and my 30 day money back guarantee was already up, guess it was a 4 day guarantee. After that I did research after that and decided the PS Prodigy was for me... after a few switch mods on the V2, by myself, it works great. I had actually gotten a Joye 510 while I was waiting for my prodigy and the Joye 510 is FAR superior to the Blu.

If you want to know the switch problem with the V2 (if you have one) then got to the Pure Smoker part of the forum and find my thread.

Yeah I ordered a Blu without doing any research first and paid the price. They are under powered and have a very short batter life. Also I warn anyone who buys the Blu, you don't get it for almost a month and by then you got only a few days until your 30 day money back warranty is out, that's how they get you. I had mine for only 4 days and my 30 day money back guarantee was already up, guess it was a 4 day guarantee. After that I did research after that and decided the PS Prodigy was for me... after a few switch mods on the V2, by myself, it works great. I had actually gotten a Joye 510 while I was waiting for my prodigy and the Joye 510 is FAR superior to the Blu.

If you want to know the switch problem with the V2 (if you have one) then got to the Pure Smoker part of the forum and find my thread.

Yeah i did the same exact thing. always do the research lol its saves you money in the end. =D

UFWHOA

Apr 15, 2010
Massachusetts
I ordered my blu a week ago (monday night) and then I got an email the next morning (tuesday morning) confirming that they shipped it out to USPS and gave me the tracking number and it arrived at my house on saturday (5 days). The only really annoying thing was that the tracking number wasn't active until the day it was delivered, so I wasn't able to actually track it the whole time it was on its way to me, but that's USPS responsibility, not Blu, which is why I didn't bother them about it.

oh today I bought some e-juice at my (only) local shop that sells PVs and accessories, and these blends really hit my throat, I say the blu cartridges (after foil removal and filler adjustment) did not produce as much a throat hit as the new e-juice I bought and drip-dipped, but to be fair I did use two different methods of applying to the atomizer.
I was also able to make 2 drops (one on each side) on the atomizer last 10 good draws, then it starts to thin down from then, dropping to about 6-7 more fair draws, and then several more puffs, just before I decide to drip-dip more juice on the atty again.

oh and if it helps to know, I developed a vaping habit of two or three short quick puffs to active the battery and then taking a gentle draw into my mouth for about 3-4 seconds and then I stop drawing, either inhale into the lungs and exhale or exhale immediately from the mouth.

Hopefully this help explains how I'm enjoying it so far.
I'm planning on buying the USB passthrough for the L88b model that is branded by Volcano and Blucigs

well that sounds interesting, do it up and document the whole thing and let us know about it when you're done with it.
Right now I'm switching from drip-dipping (I place the dropper on the atomizer's wick and do one drop on each side while sliding, works great for about 10 good draws/mouthfuls) and the cartridges (removed foil, and cut down dense filling after it first thins/dries out since the rest of the juice isn't flowing through fast enough)
Keep in mind too, I don't mind the maintance (enjoy it actually) and I'm a very light smoker (I was at most 3 cigarettes in like 2 weeks) I just really like smoking but I get the fun of it while vaping with more freedom. A cartridge for me last about two days, which I think it's more accurate to say about one and a quarter hour of overall smoking time given my methods.

When i get to it i will totally document it and take pictures. The whole 9 yards and i will add instructions the second i get a working prototype going. Im gonna try to use just the stock parts givin to me in the Blu Cig starter kit. Hopefully it works lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread