Helpful links and videos for a new user.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFTER YOU FIND A DEVICE or DEVICES YOU LIKE....

BUY a LOT of CRAP for it (them)!!!!!

Get replacement parts people! LOTS of them! Borrow $ from whoever you hafta borrow it from and get a LOT of spare parts!!!

Ok.. people keep complaining that they hafta go back to analogs because their atomizer is a dud or their battery blew...

NO MORE WHINING!!!!

If you want to make excuses to go back to killing your lungs... don't bother.. we don't wana hear them. If you just feel like having an analog... go for it.. no one is stopping you (but they taste pretty rancid after vaping for a few weeks).

There is no excuse... if you do your homework... and read these boards... you can see that you need extra parts because these things are essentially diposable!!!

How many atomizers should you have? At least FOUR (4) total.

How many batteries? You should have 3 at least... 4 if you are a heavy vaper because one of them could get fluid in it or just suddenly stop working! (2 is okay if you have MORE THAN ONE DEVICE).

You should have at LEAST 2 different types of e-cigs cause (as noted so brilliantly by someone else today) if you cannot get replacement parts cause someone is out of them.. you can always try to get parts for the other (but you won't have that problem if you follow the above instructions!!!!).

Now stop reading the boards and go to work so you can make more $ so you can get all the spare parts you need and stop whining like little sissies!

(I gotta follow my own advice.. I hafta go back to work!)

PS... sorry for the harshness... but you will thank me later! LOL!

AND...

TO USE CARTRIDGES or LIQUID???

Some people use cartridges because it takes less time. But it costs a LOT more $! I did an "Intro to vaping" video that may help... but here are the basics.

The cartridge has the poly filling which we call the wick. The "wick" in a prefilled cart is already soaked in e-juice (aka e-liquid aka smokejuice aka nic juice) and can be PG (propylene Glycol) or VG (vegetable glycerine). There is plenty of info on the boards on what the difference is between these 2 types of juice.

If you like the menthol.. I recommend "True Menthol" juice from PureSmoker. It is very minty and fantastic tasting!

Choices are..
-using prefilled carts (just buy them pre-filled at whatever strength u need... which is usually one level LOWER than what you THINK you need)

-topping off (means taking the cartridge off the ecig and using the dropper bottle of liquid to add some drops once it dries out.. then u can use one cartridge for a day or maybe 2 days if you keep it moist all the time before it starts tasing burnt or funny).

-dripping means using no cartridge.. just a mouthpiece and dripping the liquid right ON the atomizer coil and it vapes from there. I find when you do this.. it only lasts 5-10 puffs which is not even a cigarettes worth and you have to do it too often which is too much maintenance for me but gives a stronger hit, but it can also cause liquid to leak into your battery and ruin it so it won't work anymore if you put in too much. (also if your battery dies and you drip.. the atomizer does not heat up and all you suck in is a mouthful of e-liquid which is not good for you!).

-filling dry carts- you can buy "cores" or empty carts that are dry and fill them yourself by topping off with liquid until the top looks "moist" (love that word.... MOIST!) or using a syringe to fill from the bottom up which makes it wetter at the bottom too and makes it last longer than if you just drip the liquid on the top of the wick. If you don't like syringes or are a klutz like me... you can pul th epolyfill (wick) out of the cart, drip in the bottom of the cart and then stuff the wick on top and then top off some more until "moist" (I think that was a hint from Terraphon't re-stuffing video?)

-One more option some people like is removing the "wick" from the cart and just rinsing it out with hot water and squeezing dry with a papertowel and then you can re-use it if it looks white. If you wash with hot water and it is still brown... probably not good anymore.

U should get some liquid.. buying pre-filled carts gets very expensive. You can also replace (or "re-stuff") the "wick" (see video called re-stuffing carts in video review section by terraphon) which means u can use the same cart for weeks and just re-stuff the polyfill material.

Hope that answers some of these newbie questions.

If you spend a few hours on these boards you will learn a LOT fast... and it will save you a lot of time and $!!!

HK45

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
USA
Spikey,

I couldn't agree more with your advice on stocking up. I learned this lesson when both of the batteries with my starter kit were defective. Since then I've invested a lot of $ in parts and supplies (including fluids, with the FDA question). At first glance it looks like a lot of money but then I remember how much analog's were costing me.
Plus, as you said, running out of something will just be another excuse to grab an analog.

badmonkey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2009
USA
With so many sites running out of juice, I planned on loading up as soon as I can.
After seeing this video, I'm definitely thinking of tripling my stock of parts and gizmos. I'm very new...my first order hasn't arrived yet, but as soon as I get a taste of it, I'll order bunches of stuff. Wish I would have stocked up more from the get-go, but there's definitely a learning curve to all of this.

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
I just got my 901 Mini a few days ago and there were no instructions. There was nothing worthwhile or helpful on the website where I bought it either. I watched Rat's videos and another guy's videos (forgot his name, but he had an accent) and now I'm working my way through Spikey's hour long video.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all who spent time helping out us newbies and made videos. It is appreciated!

Paul Areias

Moved On
Apr 9, 2009
  • Deleted by Oliver
  • Reason: Spam

ShadowDemon420

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Charlotte NC
I do live sound for a living and I am around really loud noise because of my job I have been having issues with my one battery of my 401 from myfreedomsmokes.com the one that came with the kit just does not like loud noise it just flashes alot with loud noise I have another one that is different that I got from the guy I bought it from the one he gave me is great doesent seem to affect the one he gave me it works fine with loud music playing but my original one that came with it just blinks constantly and active so before the music starts I switch batterys from the original one to the one the fellow gave me so I dont have an issue it must have a mic in it does anyone know how to disable a mic into itself? If you do live sound for a living and are around loud music every weekend you know what I mean I was just wondering thank you!

Last edited:

MnMom

Apr 21, 2009
Rochester, Mn USA
i actually was searching on utube for this info the last couple of days

i ordered my first ecig on mon and was worried i woudlnt know how to do things the right way lol its so much easier to see someone do it who actually knows what they are doing than do guess if you are doing it right
got my ecig in mail today and having your videos made it a much smoother transition
thanks agian christine

MnMom

Apr 21, 2009
Rochester, Mn USA
also as a newbie ... some very simple things i keep wondering witch might be helpful if you make more videos....
what is best position to store/carry/while at rest
i mean do i lay it flat one one end or other.... and carts what position do i store them for best use.... i read you shouldnt store on end with cart on botton..cause you will get liquid in your mouth etc... but such a simple thing and i dont know the answer lol same goes for the carts ...shrugs
on one end or on side im sure ill have more questions as i progress in my using of ecigs
thanks christine

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
Thanks for all that info - cleared up a lot of my questions. Thank you for taking the time. The only remaining question I have now is about the wool/cotton in the cartridges. Do you know where you can get that material so you can refill carts with new material?
Thanks for all!

hi mate,

ive never used it myself, but a lot of guys on here use stuff called "fluval" to replace the cart material.

im sure someone on here will be able to tell you where to purchase it.

cheers,

scott

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
also as a newbie ... some very simple things i keep wondering witch might be helpful if you make more videos....
what is best position to store/carry/while at rest
i mean do i lay it flat one one end or other.... and carts what position do i store them for best use.... i read you shouldnt store on end with cart on botton..cause you will get liquid in your mouth etc... but such a simple thing and i dont know the answer lol same goes for the carts ...shrugs
on one end or on side im sure ill have more questions as i progress in my using of ecigs
thanks christine

hi mate,

i normally store my e-cig standing up with the battery end down, cart end up.
i find that greatly reduces the chance of liquid leaking into the mouthpiece.

cheers,

scott

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
Ok, I'm ready, looked around, read FAQ etc. decisions decisions..
Now, what should a 6 months supply of hardware etc
look like?
801 or 401 402 interested me
is this the right place for this info?

hi mate,

i wouldnt worry about spending out on a 6 month supply just yet if its your 1st e-cig.

to begin with i would recommend getting a 801 / 401 starter kit, spare atomiser, a few blank carts and a bottle of e-liquid. that will give you a good idea of whether you will like e-cigs without spending a lot of money.

purchase from a respected supplier rather than going for the cheapest you could find. good customer service is worth a lot more than saving a few bucks in the event of encountering any problems.

as you are in the states you should take a look at www.puresmoker.com
a lot of guys on this forum purchase from them and seem very pleased with their products and service.

good luck mate!

cheers,

scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread