• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

I believe fasttech needs to rethink their shipping method

Status
Not open for further replies.

jswag5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2014
Indiana
I'm not sure if this has been posted before somewhere else.

I placed my first order with fastech about 2 and a half weeks ago, all items i ordered were in stock and my package left their hands the next day.

Now heres where the problems are getting to be too much. I know international shipping can be a bear to deal with, some companies will not even do business internationally because of this. But my package moved three times according to the tracking within a couple days and i thought "this is great i will get this thing in no time."
But after the last update on the tracking it has not moved, over 2 weeks and the tracking still says sorted through facility at the KLIA.
I know that some people say it take take over a month to receive their orders, and i expected such, but isn't it a bit ridiculous to have a package collect dust for 2 weeks without being moved or updated. I expected that there may be a customs delay when it entered the US, but was not expecting this delay before it left the originating country.
Am i just being impatient or should this problem be addressed since the package might actually be lost?

I would have gladly paid postal charges if i knew this would be so frustrating just to avoid this.

Confused and disappointed:unsure::facepalm:

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Where are you checking your tracking? Once your stuff hits stateside, you can switch over to USPS tracking. Overseas tracking usually won't help much in the way of updates once it's on the plane/boat to the US.

My last two packages took about three weeks from ordering to mailbox, and one sat in Chicago for five days before it started moving again.

Pranayam

Dec 24, 2013
ON, Canada
I'm not sure if this has been posted before somewhere else.

I placed my first order with fastech about 2 and a half weeks ago, all items i ordered were in stock and my package left their hands the next day.

Now heres where the problems are getting to be too much. I know international shipping can be a bear to deal with, some companies will not even do business internationally because of this. But my package moved three times according to the tracking within a couple days and i thought "this is great i will get this thing in no time."
But after the last update on the tracking it has not moved, over 2 weeks and the tracking still says sorted through facility at the KLIA.
I know that some people say it take take over a month to receive their orders, and i expected such, but isn't it a bit ridiculous to have a package collect dust for 2 weeks without being moved or updated. I expected that there may be a customs delay when it entered the US, but was not expecting this delay before it left the originating country.
Am i just being impatient or should this problem be addressed since the package might actually be lost?

I would have gladly paid postal charges if i knew this would be so frustrating just to avoid this.

Confused and disappointed:unsure::facepalm:

My first and only order took 2 months and change. So be prepared to wait. There's a huge ECF thread on fasttech. Check with that for current shipping states. If you want quick, don't order there. My package was in your package's state for 5 weeks, so anything goes. But you'll get it some day. Track once a week instead of every week!! Personally I don't shop there after my first and only experience. It was pure agony! I got a reo and I don't anything else anyway!

jswag5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2014
Indiana
well, i admit i ordered a lot of batts and a couple mods and drippers, so all my next orders will probably be stuff i can deal without for a while, but my ego style stick is giving up the ghost it has gone from lasting me all day to needing charged 2 or 3 times a day so i kinda need my new mods. when i placed my order my ego stick was doing ok so i wasnt needing the new mods i just needed some backup just in case it got weak, well, its not gunna last if it takes 5 weeks.

Last edited:

squee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Central CT
In the past month, I've had 11 shipments from FT. 4 were shipped Singapore Post due to batteries and liquids - and 7 went epacket.

10 of the 11 packages arrived in 10-13 days. One took 16 days (mostly because it seemed to be looping around SF for a few days)

All my previous orders with them arrived in similar time frames with one exception - it was sent via Sweden Post and took 28 days. I've never made that mistake in shipping selection again :)

Is the last tracking update 'origin post is preparing shipment'? Because that means it has shipped, is probably already in this country and waiting to be processed by customs. I don't know what ISC Malaysia post goes through though. I do know that all my SP's goes through SF and my epackets go through NY. If yours is going through Chicago, that could be your problem right there :unsure:

cbrite

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
FastTech isn't fast for sure. BUT definitely inexpensive. I order a lot of stuff from them, but nothing I need right away (I have found that ebay often has the same things for a couple of bucks more and free shipping, so use vendors there if I can't wait). Usually anything from FastTech is here in 3 wk, but I will say that the tracking isn't always accurate. The last time I got an order from them the tracking still said it was in Jamaica, NY the day that it hit my mailbox.

squee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Central CT
That must be a MPost thing. With FT, there are a number of tricks to make things go more quickly and smoothly. don't make just one big order. I split mine into separate orders, putting liquids together in one, putting ego-type batts into another. Those I select Singapore post. Others get split by stock status - bunch of clearos and coils are 'ships next day' - they go together. A few other items are 'ships in 5 days', they go into an order together. Those items go Epacket. I try to keep them all between $25-40, I had one that was $55 - just because it was all random stuff and I couldn't be bothered to split it up :laugh: Those are the two shipping methods you want to go with for the US. Only use Malaysia Post for non-ego type batteries (i.e. Sony 18650, etc..).

FT is for stuff you don't need rightthisveryminute - they're for stuff you stock up on. So that when you do need something right now, you already have it. :toast:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I love these threads.
No one ever does their homework then after the fact gets flustered at the amount of time it takes to get anything.

Well, to be honest - If you do your homework first, you will know exactly how long any particular order (SHOULD) take to reach you. Of course this takes into account, The Export end doing their job and the Import end doing their job.

I Do NOT order Batteries or E-liquids from China for shipping Delay reasons. I also Select the Best(free) shipping option available to me according to what is currently happening on the China side.
All of my orders over the past 12 Months(a lot of orders) have taken no more than 15 Days From SHIPPED status. Average has been 8-10 days.
Ordering to the US - HKP is normally the faster route.(no batteries/e-liquids) However USPS still has to get it delivered and they are really getting sloppy.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
I don't think that FT needs to rethink shipping methods ... I think you need to ante up and buy your batteries from the US, most especially when your present batteries are on their last leg.

This is the potential price you pay for getting what you want, for much cheaper than what you would normally pay stateside. It sounds like you need to rethink who you purchase your batteries from. There are no guarantee's with regards to shipping when ordering internationally, so if you can't afford that risk, don't make the order ...

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
I had an order from FastTech returned to them by the shipper after two months. I emailed FastTech and asked them if they could tell me which shipper to use that would not do this. They said they could not. I order quite a few craft supplies from China and those vendors seem to be able to stay on top of which shipper is the problem child of the day and tell me which to use/avoid.

I've not ordered from FastTech since. No big loss as there isn't much they have that I want or need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread