eRoll vs. K500 - mom want's a cig-a-like, what's the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob79

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2012
Canada
Hi all. My mother has asked me to help her pick out an "ecig". I've been vaping for 2 years but started out with ego twists and have no experience with small cigarette sized devices. Word on the street is that the eRoll is basically the top of the pack at the moment.

I started doing some shopping around for the best price on the eRoll (which I have to admit looks amazing and can't wait to try myself) but found the K500's on fasttech. They're 1/2 the price and look basically the same except for a slightly different air-path and screw on cones instead of the twist-lock ones.

The reviews on fasttech are mixed, but I don't always trust those (I assume manufacturers have PR people going site-to-site to leave bad reviews for competitors).

So what's the general opinion? For someone who has never vaped (aside from trying my gear and saying it's...meh compared to smoking) who half heartedly wants to quit cigs just because it would save money would the K500 be OK or is it eRoll or nothing? Again - she has nothing to compare it to but wants something that is as close to tobacco as possible (I know, impossible, but I'm thinking the way the draw feels, heat, etc).

I look forward to hearing your thoughts. Thanks!

rob79

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2012
Canada

I just read that, but it doesn't really answer my question ("Would someone who has never vaped notice a difference?").

Battery fit? Irrelevant.

Light blinks vs. being steady? Irrelevant.

The hits have less "oomph"? Subjective and probably wouldn't be noticed by a noob.

That review is all over the place ("the tanks are way better, the PCC is the same, you can use the same atty...but the k500 is garbage"). What does that mean?! It's just like the reviews on the fasttech site - if you were to put good attys in there it sounds like it's the same kit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread