In a happy vape haze with my new Triton!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
image.jpg

And in this pic she's loaded up with Voodoo! The kit arrived yesterday, and just Wow. Spent the day trying my Halo flavor collection with the Triton. I read here that flavors differ vaped from Triton vs G6, but I'm still surprised at how much better they are. Only 3 Triton tanks so far, so it's Voodoo, Torque/Turk and Kringle's.

The Twisted Java I really didn't like on the G6 tasted so much better even from a mini-tank. Belgian in a mini-tank tasted a little too burnt on the Triton. Probably better in a Triton tank Overall, though, the increased vapor, better draw, throat hit, flavor, smoothness - amazing.

Only one small downside - I just loaded up on juice during the Spring sale, all at 24 mg. Now I have to load up again on my faves at 6 mg! The Triton's easier, bigger vape apparently translates to more & better nic delivery! Though it could have been my utter lack of self-control that led to the vape haze! I'm being more tempered today. Sorta.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
you most likely over nic'd yourself because you were in the middle of a flavorgasm.

Temper it down a bit today and tomorrow and you will most likely find your happy spot..... then order accordingly.

Yup. Exactly! I didn't let it get bad. Learned that lesson right quick in my first week of vaping.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Oooooo, you got the Iridescent one. Very nice. I've got that one too. All the Triton tanks color coordinate so well with the Iridescent one. Halo now has that one in the VV as well.

Thanks, Diva! I'm loving the colors. My Voodoo tank is yellow and really does look great with it. I like to color code the juices, so I'll definitely need more Triton tanks. Pretty sure the VV is in my future. One day. ;)

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
Thanks, Diva! I'm loving the colors. My Voodoo tank is yellow and really does look great with it. I like to color code the juices, so I'll definitely need more Triton tanks. Pretty sure the VV is in my future. One day. ;)
One good thing about the Iridescence battery - ALL the tank colors look good on it. (Even the red tank because it's not a true dark red but more translucent orange/red.) Makes it so easy to remember what juice is loaded in a tank when you can color code your daily flavors.
I like the finish on the Iridescence, too, because I am a clean freak and it is very easy to wipe them down every day. Mine have been going strong since January, just take proper care of them as the Halons will teach you if you aren't familiar.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
One good thing about the Iridescence battery - ALL the tank colors look good on it. (Even the red tank because it's not a true dark red but more translucent orange/red.) Makes it so easy to remember what juice is loaded in a tank when you can color code your daily flavors.
I like the finish on the Iridescence, too, because I am a clean freak and it is very easy to wipe them down every day. Mine have been going strong since January, just take proper care of them as the Halons will teach you if you aren't familiar.

I use the color coding and a note in Evernote! Helps keep track of my blends so I remember which is which and what the ratios were. I'm such a geek. Iridescence reminds me of tie-dye, which I also confess to loving. I hesitated a bit due to the finish, because I worried about it being scratched. But it will be well cared for! These forums have taught me well so far and I have a lot more to learn.

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
I use the color coding and a note in Evernote! Helps keep track of my blends so I remember which is which and what the ratios were. I'm such a geek. Iridescence reminds me of tie-dye, which I also confess to loving. I hesitated a bit due to the finish, because I worried about it being scratched. But it will be well cared for! These forums have taught me well so far and I have a lot more to learn.
I love tie-dye, too -- old hippie here! Surprisingly I don't have any scratches yet and I was afraid of that as well. I wear a lot of rings and sometimes that can wear stuff out pretty quickly, especially with all the tilting and twirling to keep the wicks wet, but so far no problem. I guess they are tougher than they look~ the tanks are tough too - haven't cracked any yet. Just use common sense with your juice and cleaning and you will be fine.
Come back here when any little problems arise and the Halons will take care of you. They were very patient with all my questions in the beginning.
GOOD LUCK!
Malinda

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
I love tie-dye, too -- old hippie here! Surprisingly I don't have any scratches yet and I was afraid of that as well. I wear a lot of rings and sometimes that can wear stuff out pretty quickly, especially with all the tilting and twirling to keep the wicks wet, but so far no problem. I guess they are tougher than they look~ the tanks are tough too - haven't cracked any yet. Just use common sense with your juice and cleaning and you will be fine.
Come back here when any little problems arise and the Halons will take care of you. They were very patient with all my questions in the beginning.
GOOD LUCK!
Malinda

Ah, you have put my mind at ease about scratches - thank you, my fellow old hippie! I was glad seeing the quality of the Triton tanks. Have had some bad luck with the minis. It's great that the minis fit too, for sampling.

Vaping has helped me quit pretty painlessly, so I'd stick with it no matter what. But finding something I enjoy way more than smoking is a wonderful surprise. Cool gear that I adore - well, that's just icing on the cake!

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
Ah, you have put my mind at ease about scratches - thank you, my fellow old hippie! I was glad seeing the quality of the Triton tanks. Have had some bad luck with the minis. It's great that the minis fit too, for sampling.

Vaping has helped me quit pretty painlessly, so I'd stick with it no matter what. But finding something I enjoy way more than smoking is a wonderful surprise. Cool gear that I adore - well, that's just icing on the cake!

Yes, the mini-tanks are a different plastic from what I understand. I've had an issue or two with those - fortunately, they are cheap. They run pretty hot and hold on to flavors like nothing else, too. They do work OK for tasting new juices before you commit to a tankful.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
I agree about the finish on it. It's pretty tough. I've had mine since Oct. and it's been EVERYWHERE! If it survived the bottom of my purse w/o nary a scratch, it can take just about ANYTHING! lol

That is more great news! As soon as I can bring myself to let these little beauties leave my hands, I won't have to fret. I love the satin feel of my G6 and almost went with jet black again. Glad I came to my senses.

Funny thing, my cat was mildly annoyed by the vape on the G6, but she immediately left the room over the Triton. I hope she doesn't make me choose...

CafeDigitalDiva

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Northeast AL USA
That is more great news! As soon as I can bring myself to let these little beauties leave my hands, I won't have to fret. I love the satin feel of my G6 and almost went with jet black again. Glad I came to my senses.

Funny thing, my cat was mildly annoyed by the vape on the G6, but she immediately left the room over the Triton. I hope she doesn't make me choose...

LOL! Too cute! My kitty used to take all of my batts, (no tanks on them) and hide them in her bed. She just liked to rub her face on them. I know she was 'marking' them as her own! OOooo I love that satiny finish as well. I was really impressed with the G6 compared to some of the other stick batts that just feel like cheap plastic or something.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
LOL! Too cute! My kitty used to take all of my batts, (no tanks on them) and hide them in her bed. She just liked to rub her face on them. I know she was 'marking' them as her own! OOooo I love that satiny finish as well. I was really impressed with the G6 compared to some of the other stick batts that just feel like cheap plastic or something.

Everything is hers as far as my cat is concerned. You gave me an idea though - find a way to get her to make friends with the Triton. Without stealing them, chewing them, ...... on them or scratching them. A challenge for sure. ;)

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
Hey, LA.
Glad you are liking the Triton.

Belgian does like it cooler. A minitank is too hot for it. In fact, I found a standard tank (with the standard 2.2 coil) Is a little too hot sometimes for Belgian. But try this.

The bat comes off the charger at about 4.2 volts, drops to 4.1 within 10 hits, then slowly fades to about 3.7 or 3.6 when it blinks to charge. So, once you figure out how long the bat will last you, vape the Belgian in the last half of the bat's discharge. It'll vape a bit cooler, and will really shine.

Alternately, you can get higher resistance coils for the Belgian, or get the VV bat.

And after 6+ months, my irridescents still look near pristine!

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Hey, LA.
Glad you are liking the Triton.

Belgian does like it cooler. A minitank is too hot for it. In fact, I found a standard tank (with the standard 2.2 coil) Is a little too hot sometimes for Belgian. But try this.

The bat comes off the charger at about 4.2 volts, drops to 4.1 within 10 hits, then slowly fades to about 3.7 or 3.6 when it blinks to charge. So, once you figure out how long the bat will last you, vape the Belgian in the last half of the bat's discharge. It'll vape a bit cooler, and will really shine.

Alternately, you can get higher resistance coils for the Belgian, or get the VV bat.

And after 6+ months, my irridescents still look near pristine!

Hey Dave! Thanks for that advice, cause I do so love Belgian. Straight up and mixed. I figured it's best on the G6 for now, but I much prefer my shiny new Triton! Time to order from Halo again. And here I told myself the last time would be the last time. (heh heh)

Rt1Rebel

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Severna Park MD
All you pet lovers who think it's cute that your pet likes your stuff, keep your Vape away from your pets. If they break the tank and drink the liquid, it can kill them. My lab stole my vape one night and he chewed up the battery and the tip. Luckily he didn't chew the tank. Again, a few ml of eliquid can kill your pet! Be advised!

Rt1Rebel

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Severna Park MD
And as an afterthought to that PSA, the Triton Iridescent batteries look great and they don't scratch as easily as I first thought. I used a synthetic protective automotive wax on my first thinking it would help to protect, which maybe it does. The battery finish is pretty stout. I accidently slam it into my aluminum shifter several time a day when I drive and it rattles around in my pocket with my keys and I have yet to find a scratch.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
All you pet lovers who think it's cute that your pet likes your stuff, keep your Vape away from your pets. If they break the tank and drink the liquid, it can kill them. My lab stole my vape one night and he chewed up the battery and the tip. Luckily he didn't chew the tank. Again, a few ml of eliquid can kill your pet! Be advised!
Hi.
True. I checked this out:
The toxic dose for nicotine in pets is 1/2-1 mg per pound of pet body weight, while the lethal dose is 4 mg per pound of pet body weight.
http://www.veterinarypartner.com
So, a 20 pound dog would get sick from 1 Triton tank of 12mg. The same dog would require 80mg for a fatal dose, a 7ml sample of 12mg is enough to be fatal.
Let's also mention children. Please, friends, keep the bottles locked up if small children are in or even visiting your household.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
@RT1Rebel and Dave - absolutely correct, and points well made. I encountered that info when researching e-liquid and vaping safety. And the toxicity for animals is why I keep the bottles in a locked box and in a high cabinet with a heavy door. My gear is also always out of reach and not left unattended. No joking matter that.

I just want her to make friends with the clouds and not run every time she sees the shiny tie-dye in my hand. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread