Mar 1, 2014
Delray Beach FL

bce22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2014
Blackstone, MA
Bc I want a quad nano

What's that have to do with the fact that the best 18650 you can buy is the Sony vtc4 or vtc5?

At that low of a resistance your generating a huge amount of heat from the coils.

Your three second pulls are caused by the warmth of the vape. What is your atomizer? What's your drip tip?

And just buy the Sony.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I wanna get the vtc5

The vtc5 is a great battery. Illumination Supply is out of stock right now (their price is $10) and RTD Vapor has them for $10.30 each. I haven't seen them for less anywhere else that's a reputable supplier.

I would not buy from eBay without knowing for sure the seller was selling good batts. People have been sold some pretty poor counterfeit batts over the years. Price was good for them though ;)

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Worth your while to watch

That is some great data for us :thumb:. Just be careful to interpret the data correctly.

Our batteries do not vape well at 2.5 volts. In a regulated mod the amp draw is increased so that power is maintained regardless of battery voltage, but you need to be staying in the safe amp draw. In a mechanical mod power is all about the voltage.

With my mech mods I change out my batteries at around 3.7 volts. Because of that I compare batteries by the amount of vape time I get at 3.7V. The charts go down to 2.5V. There is much less difference between batteries at 3.7V than at 2.5V.

Amp draw makes a difference too. The higher the current draw, the more benefit there is in vape time from high discharge batteries generally.

Also watch out for the old batteries included in this data set. Old batteries suffer big time in vape time compared to newer batteries.

Last edited:

BaDaBooM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
uk
Do you have any data to validate this?

Talked to a guy at one of the biggest European importers for batteries. He said (he wasn't selling me anything) they are using the Sony cells and if you look up the test data for 30a Efest and compare it to the Sony ones the test data is the same. They are priced the same too, so if you don't trust what I'm saying go with the Sony ones.
He also told me to stay away from the 35a Efest batts until some solid stress testing has been done on them.

Best bang for your buck is the Sony US18650VTC4 30amp or the Efest 18650 30amp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread