Well I just got my triton starter kit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

akuser47

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
ohio
I love it so far Though just got it. I filled both tanks one with tribecca and other with vodoo and waited for it to get to room temp as it is chilly outside here. I tried tribecca as I thought I would love it. It is ok not my favorite though I am new. I tried vodoo and I love it. LoL Amazing how much more vapor compared to my mistic startup kit I refill the cartos on.

CafeDigitalDiva

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Northeast AL USA
Hi-5ing ya akuser47 on the Voodoo! I love it too. It's one of my faves. I agree with Aviationrich on the Tribeca. give it some time for it to shine. Tribeca is awesome. Well, keep on vaping my friend! High_5.gif

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
I just got my new Triton kit too - glad you are enjoying yours. Totally agree that it's so much better than cartos. I also wasn't a Big TriBeca fan at first, but it grew on me. I like it more as a mixer with Turkish or some Belgian Cocoa. Without another juice in it, it tastes a little off. Aviation rich is right, your taste buds will change. One of my new tanks has Voodoo also, and it's the one I keep vaping on. A sampler and some mini-tanks will help you find more flavors to love. Enjoy!

akuser47

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
ohio
I figured out How I am gonna carry mine at work beens I need to order a solid case I was looking for somthing temporary. I wear glasses and the solution was in front of me. My glasses case will safely carry it in my pocket. with a little bit of bubble wrap to protect. So now it will be in my pocket. No problem. I can carry mine anywere now. My plans will be to order a pelican mini case soon and custom cut the foam to carry all compactly as the halo case that comes with the kit is to bulky and does not seem very tuff.

akuser47

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
ohio
Yea I have been really searching through my gun stuff my CCW holsters for mags and such and just could not find somthing the right size even Fishing tackle boxes an such as well. I may go with a a witz case or a pelican 1030 but both are still bulky so not convinced myself yet. The witz products has an eyeglass case that might do the trick though. I found the eSmokingJacket on amazon it looks to be the most compact so it may be what I get.

Last edited:

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Welcome, akuser47.

One word of advice about the Triton and VooDoo. Clean the tank often. When you notice the added juice being much lighter than the remnant in the tank, it's time to clean. VooDoo is yummy, but it will gunk up a coil.

Vape on.

And you are now a Halon!!!

Would you empty the tank and clean right away when you see this, or vape it and clean before the next refill?

FallenRawToast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
LA, CA, USA, NA, SOL
Would you empty the tank and clean right away when you see this, or vape it and clean before the next refill?

Myself, i keep on vaping what is left, but dont add any more. Lots of twirling to keep the wicks wet, until you are down to that last 1/8" or less, that point where if you spin it sideways, all the juice can be sucked into the wicks, leaving no real visable juice sloshing around. That is the point i go to a clean tank.

GreenLeaf

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
Texas, USA
Agree with FallenT. I vape tanks till almost dry.

But I notice a color change. I'll only add a bit, and stop if the remnant color is too dark. Then vape it dry.

I hate forcing myself to vape through dark tainted ejuice remnants. :glare:

So I make a habit out of cleaning or changing wicks before the visual cue. If you vape a certain flavor a lot, you can pretty much get the timing down to a science.

What's left in the tank, I unscrew the coil out, pinch the wicks (or press them against the inside rim of the tank), and pull down to squeegee it out, then pour that tank into an empty sample bottle, and store for a rainy day or when you're feeling brave. It's either that, or down the sink. Waste not want not.

That's another reason I like menthols so much. The wicks never ever need cleaning and the ejuice will never discolor. Saves money on replacement coils too.

FallenRawToast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
LA, CA, USA, NA, SOL
So does it hurt it to keep topping off the tank? Important using close to 1.8 ml a day. I top off my tank once a day so far. No noticeable color differences yet.

Live free, Ride free, or Die fighting for the right to do so!

That really depends on a couple of things. Which juice it is. How much you are topping it off. What your taste buds can handle.

The clearer juices and menthols do not burn as easily, so they leave less "gunk" behind. They foul up slower, than say something like Belgian Cocoa

If you are constantly topping off, I can run 4ml of some before a tank gets nasty, and others 10ml or even more.

Most importantly... it depends about your own taste. What starts to taste burnt and when?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread