Not open for further replies.

Wookie1

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2013
Lancaster, CA
www.avejuice.com
Hey All!

Wanted to get a feel for hardware brands or the type of hardware that people might use. With a lot of choices out there I wanted to see if there was a couple brands that stood out above the rest and if they did why? I know that it is mostly a matter of personal preference and if it is, that's fine as well. Thanks for any light you guys will shed on this, and thanks for all of you who support us!:D

Sam

RRaider

Verified Member
Oct 13, 2010
Texas
I've been using the single xl flanged 3ohm, 3 hole cartos from smoktek in a couple different tanks. I like them because they vape cool enough so that I rarely get a burnt taste and the three holes allow the thicker juice (Boba's) to saturate the wicking material. I've tried a bunch of the clearomizers, nova's, protanks etc and for me they all either flood or dry out and burn rather quickly. I'm a little over a week since my last analog so I'm vaping pretty heavily. It wasn't until I found this combo (on my vamo) that I was confident enough in the equipment to drop the analogs.

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
It's really a tough question you ask here since ultimately it will all be about preference. As far as battery devices go, anything will work, the defining factor is what sort of atomizer you put on top (whether it be carto, atty, clearo, RBA, etc) since that is the piece that ultimately gives you your desired flavor/vapor/throat hit performance.

Personally, I use a wide variety of gear and switch it up frequently depending on what I'm vaping and what specific experience I'm looking for. I find that some juices taste better in different types of toppers, or in the case of RBAs with different types of materials used. There is no one single topper that gives optimal overall performance (to my taste) for every juice I vape. Some work better with thicker juices and some better with thinner juices, some better with fruit or tobacco or bakery flavors than others

Probably not the answer you're looking for, but it's the most honest one I can give since everything about vaping is so subjective

For my best results with AVE juices, specifically, my go-to toppers are (in no particular order) the Rose from Eden Mods, Immortalizer, GG attys, Ihybrids and the good old-fashioned Cisco spec atty :)

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
I use flanged 3.0 ohm xl Smoktek cartos with two holes in a Phiniac carto tank with a Provari. If I were vaping Bobas or GJ I would get the 3 holes.

Using Hype, I usually get three weeks out of a carto. Thicker and darker juices usually a little less.

Even using a Protank with the bottom fed coil, the flavor of my juices is muted when compared to the carto tank setup above.

Chiwen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Michigan
I mainly use a provari mini, but also switch it up with a few others. I use a sigelei zmax mini, smoktech sid (Bout to retire this, having switch issues), and a reo vv grand.

When I'm feeling in the mood for a mech I use a reo mini, electric angel mod or a atmizoo dingo. Also have a clone ea mod which funny enough hits as well as my real deal ea mod lol.

Toppers; generally running with a kraken rba, or ibtanked halfing carto tank (sacrificing how much it holds for the size, I love how good it looks on my mods, and still hits like a beast), but when I'm lazy I just use a protank. I use a reomizer 2.0 rba on my reo mods.

Also been known to keep it simple with a 650mah ego batt or even a mini 350mah ego with an evod topper.

It all depends on my mood, but the setup I use 90% of the time is either the provari mini or zmax mini with the kraken on top with a mesh wick.

Sent from my SGH-T999N using Tapatalk

GStens

Feb 25, 2014
La Vista NE
I just started vaping and watching the guys on youtube. I really got sold on wanting a kayfun lite. Couldn't find one anywhere. So I switched up to look for a russian 91%. I found one on eBay and ordered it. Let me say it is awesome. Now I would like a DNA style mod. I have an innoken MVP v2, and it is a good mod, but I want a great one to go with the russian. I am now interested in a dripper so I can easily sample different juices without a large swap time. Vaping is incredible.

Wookie1

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2013
Lancaster, CA
www.avejuice.com
Hey All!

Just wanted to thank you guys again for replying and posting on this thread. I will ask for those of you who will post I would like to use some of that info on our website for new vapers. Since many of us here don't vape and have generally zippo knowledge on hardware I wanted to use some actual customer info on some of the hardware that is used with our liquids. Again thanks all and vape on!

Sam

I've been making my way through 300 ml's of Boba's Bounty, Gorilla Juice, and Blend 4. I have tried them in most of my equipment.

Kanger Protank III - Flavor is somewhat muted. Lack of airflow adjustment created a lot of dry hit issues.
Kanger Aerotank Mega (w/the new generation coils) - Decent flavor. Holes a little small to bring in the 100% vg quick enough. Can be corrected with airflow adjustment and covering the intake to draw in liquid.
Nautilus Aspire - Didn't like the flavor which wasn't surprising. Haven't really enjoyed any of my liquids in this tank.
Smoktech BDC Pyrex Cartomizer Tank - Pretty good performance and flavor. Need 3 hole cartomizers to keep up with the 100% vg.
EHPro Kayfun Lite Version 2 Clone - One of my favorites. Running micro coils with organic cotton and the flavor is very nice. Insane
HCigar Taifun GT - 2nd favorite to the Kayfun. Actually produces the best flavor when you get the cotton wick set up just perfect. Only problem is you walk a fine line between too little cotton and flooding issues, just enough cotton and no floods, and too much cotton and wicking issues.

Chiwen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Michigan
Chiwen,

What flavors of ours do you vape? Thanks for the post! :)

Wow sorry wookie, completely missed the fact that you asked me a question.. A month ago!

I vape Boba's and gorilla juice, though I lean a little.. OK a lot.. towards gorilla juice lol. I'd try the other stuff but I'm so used to being disappointed in everything that's not Boba's and GJ that I'd hate to waste money that could have been spent on them. I really only ever tried the 2 from you guys though. Hooked ever since.

Manny

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Wookie1

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2013
Lancaster, CA
www.avejuice.com
Wow sorry wookie, completely missed the fact that you asked me a question.. A month ago!

I vape Boba's and gorilla juice, though I lean a little.. OK a lot.. towards gorilla juice lol. I'd try the other stuff but I'm so used to being disappointed in everything that's not Boba's and GJ that I'd hate to waste money that could have been spent on them. I really only ever tried the 2 from you guys though. Hooked ever since.

Manny

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply :) Gorilla Juice is definitely my personal favorite!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread