Disneyland & Disney World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladypixel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
La Verne, CA
I was at Disney World in February and had nary a problem with vaping, although I did not vape indoors.

I've since heard that some employees there are starting to shoo vapers to smoking areas. This is unconfirmed, but worrisome.

I'm at Disneyland a few times a month, though (I'm a passholder who lives 30 mins away from the park), and have never had an issue inside either Disneyland or California Adventure parks. My husband even had 'advice' offered by a castmember recommending that he exhale into an empty coffee cup, just to stealth it so people don't freak out...

... but at Trader Sam's at the Disneyland Hotel, I was recently informed by a castmember that no form of "smoking", including the use of any vapor device, was allowed at Trader Sam's. (I'm probably not going to TS anytime soon because of this.)

Has anyone else had experience with Disney World's current vaping situation, or with other Disney properties and vaping? I'm sort of curious now.

Empi666

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2013
NorCal
The way I see it is that we all know how vaping is safer, little to no second hand danger, etc.... But the general public doesn't. Anyone that doesn't smoke and is disgusted when they inhale second hand smoke from an analog as they walk down the street will not look at someone blowing clouds of vapor and think "Oh...isn't that nice. They are vaping. That smells delicious."

Disneyland is an establishment that embraces strict anti smoking rules in their parks to ensure all familys and kids that visit aren't bothered with second hand smoke as this day in age the consesious is that smoking is bad and dangerous.

I am an avid Disneyland fan and frequent the park a lot. I am also an ex-smoker and recent vaporer. Even though I understand the health differences between the two.... I would never vape in public there because it is known as an anti smoking establishment and I respect that.

If you feel you need to while at the park, why not just head to a bathroom and vape in a stall? I find that would be a lot easier, the worst that would happen is that someone in the stall next to you would complain about the delicious mango fruit flavor......wich I would doubt would happen :2cool:

Reactions: RevQ3

Teach08

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Nashville, TN
Hubs and I were in the World in October, and never even got a look from anyone. We didn't vape indoors at all, and we refrained in those moments where we were walking through a thick knot of people. Otherwise--standing around waiting for someone, walking through a park, waiting for a bus--we vaped on without issue. We weren't clouding the place up, mind you, as we are simple eGo folks at this point...but DAMN what a better tour it is without those stupid cigs! :toast:

momtomater

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Iowa
We were also at the World in October and vaping like crazy. Didn't have one single problem. However on a Disney Addict Facebook page some girls were being quite dumb about it and said they shouldn't have to smell it, and don't want their kids seeing it. Of course I informed them that 1) there is no foul smell and 2) you can't shelter your children forever. Florida is actually quite awesome when it comes to vaping, tons of vape shops, lots of random people vaping. I only saw one other person at WDW vaping, but we did hear someone behind us in line that said something about how cool it is that more and more people are using e-cigs.

Tapping away on an android device and probably painting my nails while vaping

Skagman

Jan 22, 2014
La Habra
My girlfriend and I have annual passes, so we frequent the park a lot. I've been asked by security to vape in the smoking areas a few times now. Security's told me that they have no problem with it personally, but other guests think it's smoke and come complain. I think they should use the old and unused smoking areas as vaping areas, honestly. I just recently quit smoking, and I don't really like having to be around all that smoke just to vape. Though, I've met quite a few cool vapers there.

Skagman

Jan 22, 2014
La Habra
My girlfriend and I do the same thing, just so we don't end up getting our passes pulled by someone having a bad day. We noticed that a lot of the old smoking areas are decommissioned now, so we're thinking of starting a petition to open those back up for vaping areas. All Disney would have to do is put a bench our two there, with a sign that says 'Vaping area'. It would cost disney near nothing to do it, and we'd be able to keep vaping and smoking separate.

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
Personally, when I vape in public, whether indoors or outdoors, I stealth vape. I inhale, then inhale again, hold it and then exhale...Nothing.

No one really looks at me putting whatever to my mouth, they look to see if anything comes out. If nothing visible comes out....No one says a thing.

People have a problem with the cloud...I get it....So I take away that visual trigger. If they don't see a cloud, they don't see an e-cig. Especially since my MVP 2 with mini protank looks NOTHING like a cig.

I'm not "sneaky" about it, I don't look ashamed, I just do it....and keep my cloud do myself....Never had an issue.

The ONLY time I got confronted was when the person in the cube next to me clouded it up with his e-cig and my boss thought it was me...He said you can't smoke that thing in here. I said I know....I'm not using it..... He then said...oh...I thought I saw smoke coming from your cube...I said...nope, wasn't me....

rookbartley989

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2012
SoCal
I go to Disneyland here in California quite a bit. I recently was vaping in a secluded area of DCA and an employee said I had to go to the smoking section. I informed her that I was not smoking and she told me that electronic cigarettes have to go there too. I just stopped, felt no need to argue something that I cannot change. Personally though, I find it highly offensive that I am to be shuffled away to a little poison filled coral to enjoy my e-cig while people are allowed to freely consume alcohol to the point of being obnoxious in the park. Furthermore, on more than a few rides I am forced to inhale god knows what from their fog machines...a wall of Davy Jones vape followed by a leisurely jaunt through a vape filled sea to land battle...and I am the outcast? Lets not forget to mention the copious amounts of methane gas my family and I are forced to inhale while standing inline for a ride...it is amazing to me how many people take offense to somebody vaping, but find it perfectly okay to rip an air biscuit in a 45 minute line...oh well.

Ron -

Reactions: DaveP

iacchus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
Gulf Coast - USA
Just got back from a week at DW and their resorts. No issues whatsoever. I was respectful, but hit it walking around with not a second glance. Never tried inside or on any rides, though. I did try to keep the exhaled vapor to a minimum.

Pretty much the same as last year. I wasn't showy with it, and nobody batted an eye. Several employees noticed and didn't say a word. Looked at me like I was sipping a coke.

GMayberry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2014
Virginia
Ok so we are back! The first day in Magic Kingdom, I only took my mini Ego so that it wasn't a hassle. Never vaped walking through large groups, or in lines, or indoors anywhere, but I basically vaped freely the entire day without a second look from any employees. Our second day in the park, I brought along the Ego, and my dripper on an eVic, and only used the dripper near the bathrooms, or near smoking areas. That is the only one that got a comment from an employee, and that comment was "What flavor are you dripping?" I couldn't believe it!!! :D

So basically, if you show respect, you shouldn't have a problem vaping in Disney World. :D

ComaOmega15

Jul 2, 2014
Florida
I go to Disneyland here in California quite a bit. I recently was vaping in a secluded area of DCA and an employee said I had to go to the smoking section. I informed her that I was not smoking and she told me that electronic cigarettes have to go there too. I just stopped, felt no need to argue something that I cannot change. Personally though, I find it highly offensive that I am to be shuffled away to a little poison filled coral to enjoy my e-cig while people are allowed to freely consume alcohol to the point of being obnoxious in the park. Furthermore, on more than a few rides I am forced to inhale god knows what from their fog machines...a wall of Davy Jones vape followed by a leisurely jaunt through a vape filled sea to land battle...and I am the outcast? Lets not forget to mention the copious amounts of methane gas my family and I are forced to inhale while standing inline for a ride...it is amazing to me how many people take offense to somebody vaping, but find it perfectly okay to rip an air biscuit in a 45 minute line...oh well.

Ron -

Just to let you know, the hazers that Disney use to produce their "fog" is actually very similar to the juice that you put into your vape. FluidMSDS- Look Solutions USA As you can see, the main ingredients are Triethylene Glycol, Monopropylene Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, and Demineralized Water. Now let's look at what is in your juice. Distilled Water (nearly the same as Demineralized Water except the latter is actually more refined,) Propylene Glycol (just look at that, it's not one propylene glycol, but many. Monopropylene Glycol is actually an additive in many tobacco AND food products.) The only thing in the above list that is not in juice is Dipropylene Glycol, However, Dipropylene Glycols are used as components for fragrances and is also a by-product of Monopropylene Glycol.
My sources you might ask? I worked for a theatre in my home town that extesively uses hazers AND fog machines. I have had hands on experience with the product in question and I know for a fact that the only way this could be toxic, is if you inhaled directly from the container that the product is stored in, or drank from it. Hmm, It seems as if that is the same way with juice, if ingested contact your local poison control center.
So please, before you decide to bash theatrical equipment, personel, and theatrics in general. Do your research.
Thank you.

xena222

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2014
PA
I so wish I had been vaping and not smoking on my trip to FL Disney last Sept. Finding a smoking area was like pulling teeth....bathrooms EVERYWHERE, LOL, I could have easily pulled this off....not to mention my frequent trips to the smoking area at the resort :(

The wait in the Philly airport was the WORST ever - we got delayed for a couple hours and I was ready to cry by the time we got on the plane - I could have easily vaped in the bathroom and no one would have known...this would have completely changed everything for me...so sad I spent so much of the trip wanting a cig so bad. When I go back i will be in a much better place :D

eyerhere

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2013
Warren Mi
Never been to Disneyland so I can't speak for them but I was at six flags in Illinois this year. It was lIke airport security to get in. When they saw my mod in the tray they told me there was no smoking except in the designated areas and it included vaping. If they catch you s smokIng or vapIng outside the designated area you will be ejected from the park. So when I would Spot a deSignated area I would step in take a few hits and then catch with back up with the family. But the good thing is I did draw with smokers attention which gave me chances to convert people. Yeah lemons, lemonade. Let's face it the worLd is never going to accept us no matter how much we educate. As long As I'm legAl I'm hAppy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread