Status
Not open for further replies.

p7willm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2014
Lansdale, PA, USA
I think there are 3 types of mods.

Those with built in batteries, like your ego and the innokin MVP. The MVP is bigger, lasts longer, and allows you to vary the voltage or power (VV/VW) to adjust the vapor you get.

The next two take batteries, most commonly 18nnn (were 18 is the diameter, or circumfrence I never can remember, and nnn is the length usually 350 500 650 i.e. 18350) They are lithium ion and are rechargable and most rechargers will accept any of them. When the battery runs down take it out and replace it. You can cary spares around if you need more than one to make it through the day. Be careful cause if it is in your pocket and shorts out it can cause problems, they make little plastic cases.

Regulated mods, like the Vamo, have built in electronics. These serve to keep you from hurting yourself and change how the attomizer, the thing you put the juice in, works. The keep you safe by not allowing you to put a coil with too low an impedance, the battery might explode. They also stop when the battery is discharged, you could continue using the battery, see below, but that will damage the battery and it will not hold a charge as well so it hurts your wallet. They are also VV/VW so you can adjust the vapor.

Mechanical mods, like the Nemesis, are noting more than a tube to hold the battery with a switch. You can hurt yourself with these. Some think they look cooler, they do, and some people like to build their own atomizer coils with resistance under an Ohm, to blow huge clouds of vapor, regulated mods save you from doing this. You can also damage the battery by discharging it too far.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Not all mods, bats, devices are created equal. If going to upgrade, recommend checking everything out, see what will meet your vaping needs, expectations and goals, and go with quality. A twist wouldn't be much of an upgrade,

It depends on you, if looking to step up your game and maybe get into rba's down the road, then at the minimum would recommend a 15 watt capable regulated mod. Max that out, and you'll have some decent vape to experience. Then come back and see what next. lol

Knowing what's possible and where your interest lies will give you the best indicator of where you are headed.

Vape long and Prosper!!!

P.S.: the cat bites!

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
No, but the word mod is a bit loose in usage; you won't find it defined in the dictionary.

Most people call an ego battery a battery, but few would call it a mod.
I suppose most would call an itaste vv v3 a battery also, but it does have a display screen so maybe some would call it a mod? I doubt that.
The MVP is the same as the itaste vv v3 just it's bigger; but alot of people would call that a mod; it "looks like" a mod; I guess it looks big enought that you'd think if the battery died you should just be able to open it up and change the battery like changing a battery in a flashlight; that isn't the case though.
Then of course there's the tubes that you put the cylindrical batteries into; whether regulated or unregulated, have a screen or not, these are all called mods.

mod: home made modified gizmo.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I guess I am asking what they are exactly in refrence to be the same or if their? Also I am trying to step my game up I have a basic ego battery and a smoov Rev, should I get an Itaste V3 or a Vamo?

Get an itaste vv v3, and mvp2, or a vamo.
That list is in order of cost.
Best bang for the buck is the mvp2.

actually I'm not familiar with the smoov Rev, but what you would get from the vvv3,mvp or vamo that you won't get from the ego batt, are:
1: power regulation
2: information: volts, ohms
These things are crucial for new vapers when things are giving a problem and you need to figure out whats wrong instead of just giving up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread