Kamry K100 questions....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapocalyptic

Moved On
Feb 20, 2014
Arizona
So, I recently ordered this mod. Will these tanks be compatible, or will I get a "burnt" taste, or no way to get the tank and base to thread flush in order to fire?

Aspire Nautilus (Running 1.8 ohm, I believe? Maybe 1.6..Whatever comes with it.)
Iclear16's
Mini Protank 2 (I purchase 2.5ohm coils, but they usually read at 2.7-2.8 on my MVP)

I'm just curious because I'm eager to have my first mech mod, but not sure how they work considering I'm so used to my VV/VW device. I believe it has 18350, and 18360 batteries? I purchased the kit directly from vaporbeast.

And well, yeah, that's it lol. Should I purchase a kick for it as well? Thanks everybody :)

Topdogie01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Illinois, United States
18360 batteries? i think you mean 18650 batteries?

it should work about the same as your current device. its bottom button fired. it has a locking right to lock the firing button so it will not fire.

turn your VV/VW device to 4.2 volts, thats how it will be like when a fresh battery is in it. then dial your voltage to 3.7. that is how it will be most of the time. then when the battery level drops (i charge mine when it gets to about 3.5v) you charge your battery and swap to a freshly charged one. you can change batteries sooner if you wish.

please do the math (ohms law) for any coil you plan to use to make sure your battery can safely handle the amp draw. id reccoment getting a few high drain batteries to use with lower resistance coils and if you want to branch out into rebuilding your own coils.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I don't know bout the nautilus since I don't own one but the PT mini will work just fine on the K100. I sanded the top and bottom battery contact points of the k100 to get better performance out of it. To sand the top point you cut little 320 grit sandpaper squares and with the eraser end of a pencil you sand the plating off. I also used a kick in my k100 but its a bit of a pain to get the kick back out. Be sure to also sand the side of the tube where the kicks ground pin sits. The only thing I didn't like about the k100 is the small fire button and the unit becomes a bit top heavy and tips over easily and always makes a deafening thud.

Vapocalyptic

Moved On
Feb 20, 2014
Arizona
Thanks guys! Not sure I wanna sand anything just yet. When I reinvent the mold, I usually shatter it or render it useless shortly afterwords. I'm not to... Handy, I guess LOL.

I am thinking about rebuilding but not sure where to start really. I'm so excited. How does everybody like the k100? Does it produce real good vapor?

Sent from my XT1028

sawtoothscream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
United States
Thanks guys! Not sure I wanna sand anything just yet. When I reinvent the mold, I usually shatter it or render it useless shortly afterwords. I'm not to... Handy, I guess LOL.

I am thinking about rebuilding but not sure where to start really. I'm so excited. How does everybody like the k100? Does it produce real good vapor?

Sent from my XT1028

The k100 is a hard hitter, but the atty does the work for the clouds. set your provari to 4.2 and that is how the k100 will vape on a fresh battery and it will get weaker as the battery drops.

for me my protank devices stay on VV/VW devices, the mech is much better with rebuildables, for me.

BigOrmc

Mar 18, 2014
Denver
K 100 was my first mech mod. My kit came with a fuse, 1-18350, 1-18650, a charger and a zip up case. I use it for my pro tank3 primarily. It just looks so good on there. After adding the aero base to my pt3 it really made my setup shine. Now for the cons. It looks dumb with any 22mm rda on top so I bought a sentinel m16 clone by hcigar for my rdas and it looks bad .... Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread