Not open for further replies.

Seylvape85

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
So with the new 26650 clones coming out I have a few questions:

Hades:
*Does anyone know which vendors sell them where they come with the magnets for the firing button & spring?
*Copper Version, I've heard its only going to have a spring firing button? True?
**How is the throw on it? I spoke to a vendor selling the copper version and he said his real Hades needed an incredibly amount of preasure to push both the spring and magnetic switch.
*Any worry about the spring wearing out on these? I have stuck mainly to 18650 magnetic firing buttons (smok Magneto) and after months of abuse...the thing works like a champ!!
*Does anyone sell the magnets to replace the spring in these...if they don't already come with them?
-Any other opinions regarding the above would be appreciated. I know the top pin is adjustable..anyone have a problem flushmounting an Igo-W to it? With the Halo Cap I have for my Igo-W.... I'm sticking with this atomizer for awhile (works veryyyy well!..and easy to build on)

Stingray Close:
*Is the black copper version really all copper? Kidney puncher has stated they are pretty sure the only thing that is copper is the positive pin and bottom button.
*How is the button throw on this one?

I currently like the Hades more because it gives you something to grip onto instead of just a straight tube when pushing the button..but if the throw is still a pain in the ... compared to other mods out there, well I'm leaving my options open for now!

Thank you everyone for your opinions!! Much appreciated! :D:vapor:

sheishreviews

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
birmingham
The Hades mod is great, I got the mixed brass and ss from fasttech and it worked like an absolute treat until........one of the magnets broke so like you
I am looking for magnets for the Hades if anyone knows where I can get them?

Mine only came with the magnets but I believe that the tobeco versions come with both. The version that I got from FT could be pinkie fired but It was more comfortable to fire with say your index or middle finger but the pressure required was spot on for this sized mod. Don't have an igo, been using an Omega and it was working like a treat.

Don't have the black copper version but just look at the engraving, if that is copper then the rest of the tube is.
Don't have the black copper but the brass version's throw is great hardly any distance travelled at all. hope this helps and
yeah

If anyone knows where to get a magnet or spring for the Hades plz let me know, thanks :)

Seylvape85

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
The Hades mod is great, I got the mixed brass and ss from fasttech and it worked like an absolute treat until........one of the magnets broke so like you
I am looking for magnets for the Hades if anyone knows where I can get them?

Mine only came with the magnets but I believe that the tobeco versions come with both. The version that I got from FT could be pinkie fired but It was more comfortable to fire with say your index or middle finger but the pressure required was spot on for this sized mod. Don't have an igo, been using an Omega and it was working like a treat.

Don't have the black copper version but just look at the engraving, if that is copper then the rest of the tube is.
Don't have the black copper but the brass version's throw is great hardly any distance travelled at all. hope this helps and
yeah

If anyone knows where to get a magnet or spring for the Hades plz let me know, thanks :)

Awesome feedback. Thank u very much. Fingers crossed someone can fill us in on where to get the magnets. I've heard the ones for a nemesis work but haven't seen it confirmed or any solid proof yet.

sheishreviews

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
birmingham
I've just been looking for some as my magnet literally broke 1hr ago, anyway the dimensions of the original magnets are 20mm OD x 13.6mm ID x 2mm depth.

max you could go on OD is 20mm, min for ID is 13mm (but this would be a tight fit) and the depth I would keep to 2mm

if all else fails then you could stack these 10 Neodymium Ring Magnets 19/14/1 mm Craft N35 Thin 19mm dia x 14mm dia x 1mm | eBay

......and hope for the best, I don't know if stacking would increase the overall strength or not so hopefully someone can help out with that answer.

Good luck mate.

Seylvape85

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
I've just been looking for some as my magnet literally broke 1hr ago, anyway the dimensions of the original magnets are 20mm OD x 13.6mm ID x 2mm depth.

max you could go on OD is 20mm, min for ID is 13mm (but this would be a tight fit) and the depth I would keep to 2mm

if all else fails then you could stack these 10 Neodymium Ring Magnets 19/14/1 mm Craft N35 Thin 19mm dia x 14mm dia x 1mm | eBay

......and hope for the best, I don't know if stacking would increase the overall strength or not so hopefully someone can help out with that answer.

Good luck mate.

Thanks for the link and info!

I would think the thinner magnets could maybe benefit the throw on it? As long its enough to push the button back down, I wouldn't care since you have the locking ring to use if your going to stand it up on something. I know a lot of people complained about the original magnets being tough to push... maybe the thinner ones would work better :) I know 1mm is what the nemesis uses.

sheishreviews

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
birmingham
Hades or Seven22?

I haven't tried a seven22 because of the gyro mechanism in it, I know that I would just settle on whatever wattage I had on after a while because it can't be changed on the fly.

If you can deal with that then go for it but remember that the 30 watt china devices are just round the corner. I got the hades purely for the aesthetics and increased battery capacity, apart from the magnets breaking (which can happen with all magnet switches as the magnets are generally thing and not too durable) it is a solid, hard hitting device.

sheishreviews

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
birmingham
Thanks for the link and info!

I would think the thinner magnets could maybe benefit the throw on it? As long its enough to push the button back down, I wouldn't care since you have the locking ring to use if your going to stand it up on something. I know a lot of people complained about the original magnets being tough to push... maybe the thinner ones would work better :) I know 1mm is what the nemesis uses.

I don't think just 2 opposing 1mm magnets would do the job, these are n35 which is on the weaker end of the scale for neodymium magnets, if you could find some that were of a higher strength i.e. n42 or n52 then possibly, I may give them a try out though if I can't find anything else and will possibly try these https://www.fasttech.com/product/1581401 as one hades user has said that these are perfect for the switch.....lastly this thing ways a tonne compared to the nemesis.

Seylvape85

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
I don't think just 2 opposing 1mm magnets would do the job, these are n35 which is on the weaker end of the scale for neodymium magnets, if you could find some that were of a higher strength i.e. n42 or n52 then possibly, I may give them a try out though if I can't find anything else and will possibly try these https://www.fasttech.com/product/1581401 as one hades user has said that these are perfect for the switch.....lastly this thing ways a tonne compared to the nemesis.

Just bookmarked it :)

You don't think the 21mm will be too wide?

sheishreviews

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
birmingham
It was my first thought when I saw the spring initially but being a spring, it should be able to condense down to 20mm just by twisting it into the recess on the hades. They're peanuts to buy so I think worth a punt, ill let u know when mine come in but it will more than likely take 3 weeks. If I make any progress with anything else ill let you know and plz let me know if you manage to find anything.

Seylvape85

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
It was my first thought when I saw the spring initially but being a spring, it should be able to condense down to 20mm just by twisting it into the recess on the hades. They're peanuts to buy so I think worth a punt, ill let u know when mine come in but it will more than likely take 3 weeks. If I make any progress with anything else ill let you know and plz let me know if you manage to find anything.

You got it Sheish! Adding you as a friend on here right now. I have the Copper Hades on pre order from vaportekusa ... so it might be a little bit before I even see my Hades lol. I really hope this thing is pure copper like advertised. Kinda took the plunge on this one seeing as there are no reviews and its not being made by Tobeco, EHPRO, or Hcigar. The owner keeps confirming with me that it is 100% copper and will be a quality product. Seems like a great guy so I'm putting my trust in him.

Last edited:

sheishreviews

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
birmingham
Cool, I've seen the copper versions start to come to our shores as well now, just tried a nemesis spring in the hades for now and it works without self firing so there's a temporary solution if your magnets break, it's only a temporary solution though as you need to unscrew the pin so that it will make contact with the battery, you'll see when you get your hades anyway.....

Seylvape85

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Cool, I've seen the copper versions start to come to our shores as well now, just tried a nemesis spring in the hades for now and it works without self firing so there's a temporary solution if your magnets break, it's only a temporary solution though as you need to unscrew the pin so that it will make contact with the battery, you'll see when you get your hades anyway.....

Curious...are you talking about the bottom pin that's on the firing button or the top adjustable pin. I was thinking maybe u meant the spring was too tall and keeping the bottom plate from making a connection...but then I'm think to myself ..that might not make sense haha. Your using MNKE's btw? I heard you can take the spring out from the top pin, tighten it all the way up and it works great.

Seylvape85

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
I also wanted to mention, the place I pre-ordered it from says they are including a spring from the sigelei for me. They said they have been using it on theirs and it makes the throw a lot easier.

Still curious whatcha meant by adjusting the pin so it makes contact. I'm pretty sure ur referring to the top pin but I thought this had to be adjusted anyway to eliminate battery rattle. How would the bottom spring play a role in this. Thank you :)!!

sheishreviews

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
birmingham
Curious...are you talking about the bottom pin that's on the firing button or the top adjustable pin. I was thinking maybe u meant the spring was too tall and keeping the bottom plate from making a connection...but then I'm think to myself ..that might not make sense haha. Your using MNKE's btw? I heard you can take the spring out from the top pin, tighten it all the way up and it works great.

I was talking about the bottom spring, my original switch had 2x 2mm magnets in it, in this temporary setup, when the spring compresses it doesn't allow the pin that is connected to the base to raise past the delrin insulator, you could cut some of the spring off meaning it would compress down to 4mm and raise the pin above the delrin but this; for me; is only a temp solution and I plan on putting the spring back in my nemesis as soon as the replacement magnets and springs turn up. Yeah I'm using the MNKE orange battery 3500mah battery, fits perfectly. You can take the top spring out and use as a traditional battery spacer which you will need to adjust for the MNKE's but it makes no noticeable difference in the way this thing hits, mine hits hard.....yours being copper should hit like a beast.

Seylvape85

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
I was talking about the bottom spring, my original switch had 2x 2mm magnets in it, in this temporary setup, when the spring compresses it doesn't allow the pin that is connected to the base to raise past the delrin insulator, you could cut some of the spring off meaning it would compress down to 4mm and raise the pin above the delrin but this; for me; is only a temp solution and I plan on putting the spring back in my nemesis as soon as the replacement magnets and springs turn up. Yeah I'm using the MNKE orange battery 3500mah battery, fits perfectly. You can take the top spring out and use as a traditional battery spacer which you will need to adjust for the MNKE's but it makes no noticeable difference in the way this thing hits, mine hits hard.....yours being copper should hit like a beast.

Any easier finding a replacement spring for the nemesis and then just cut them down? I'm thinking this is what the shop I mentioned is doing with the sigelei spring.

Seylvape85

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida

One more idea lol... How about these and filing out the center diameter? Super Magnet Man

I saw it originally posted here Replacement magnets: FastTech Forums (read the 2nd or 3rd post) They said they fit...which I don't see possible unless you opened up the inner diameter hole

sheishreviews

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
birmingham
One more idea lol... How about these and filing out the center diameter? Super Magnet Man

I saw it originally posted here Replacement magnets: FastTech Forums (read the 2nd or 3rd post) They said they fit...which I don't see possible unless you opened up the inner diameter hole

I'm starting to think the switch designs in the hades clones vary dramatically, these would not fit my hades but may fit others....

edit: I wouldn't try filing one of these magnets, they are very brittle and break easily.

sheishreviews

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
birmingham
For anybody that has been checking out this thread, the 19x14x1mm n35 magnets that were mentioned previously work perfectly. You need to stack 2 of them as they are only 1mm thick as opposed to the original 2mm magnets. With these magnets you can pinkie fire the Hades with ease and I have tested it with a battery in it, omega rda on top, and a Taifun stuck on top of that!........no self firing whatsoever!

Seylvape85

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
For anybody that has been checking out this thread, the 19x14x1mm n35 magnets that were mentioned previously work perfectly. You need to stack 2 of them as they are only 1mm thick as opposed to the original 2mm magnets. With these magnets you can pinkie fire the Hades with ease and I have tested it with a battery in it, omega rda on top, and a Taifun stuck on top of that!........no self firing whatsoever!

Awesome! Great news Sheish.

Thanks for all your efforts and following up on this :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread