100mg/ml

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeetr

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
Roseville,ca
Not really an option for DIY to order anything stronger. I think.

Consider however that 100mg/ml is 12% pure nicotine. eliquid manufacturers use 99% pure stuff, now that would give me the hebejeebes.

If I got some 100mg stuff spilled on my hands I would just wash it off and would probably not need medical attention. I don't mix liquid too far from a sink.

The only reason you would want a more pure nicotine base would be if you were mixing VG juice.

Last edited:

mauisun

Forum Supplier
ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by Timtam

keveck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
aaa
nicotine in pure form is deadly.

Nicotine in pure form should NOT be handled by anyone without a laboratory.
Pure nicotine is around 1000mg/ml. A single DROP can kill you of that.

I cannot stress enough -- DO NOT EVER buy PURE NICOTINE.

100mg/mL is dangerous, but it's nowhere near as dangerous as pure nicotine.

Nicotine in pure form should NOT be handled by anyone without a laboratory.
Pure nicotine is around 1000mg/ml. A single DROP can kill you of that.

I cannot stress enough -- DO NOT EVER BUY PURE NICOTINE.

100mg/mL is dangerous, but it's nowhere near as dangerous as pure nicotine.

that is a no doubt. and very few people are even allowed to buy at that strength. lab to lab maybe, but even my own setup will not go that strength. might as well wear a moon suit with a negative pressure bio room if you get that deep in it. we don't go that far. 100mg/ml is the way to go. 150mg/ml if you want to ge that deep in it. don't go any farther. Even our manufacturer does the breakdown for us instead of getting the straight stuff from them. too unsafe. even the 100mg/ml needs to be handled with extreme caution

mauisun

Forum Supplier
ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by Elendil
  • Reason: Supplier discussing their product in restricted area

PlanetScribbles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
Londinium, Brittania
I consider myself a careful person and NO WAY would I EVER buy pure nic for DIY purposes.
I spilled one drop of 100 on my skin a couple of weeks ago and run to the sink to run cold water on it to rinse it off. One drop of 100 is like 5mg. No biggie. One drop of pure nic is 50mg, and I may not have been here to type this message now had it been pure nic I were using. Just one single drop would do the job.
Never DIY with pure nic, ever. It isn't worth it.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
If you are going to DIY why would you order anything less than 100mg/ml?
Because there is absolutely no reason to do so. There is no cost savings buying 100mg over 50mg. Furthermore, the 100mg will cost you more to cut in the long run. So your argument for 100mg would be?

sjohnson

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
The USP Propylene Glycol and Glycerine I buy are a small part of my mixing cost, amounting to about 5% of my total cost. When I buy nicotine liquid, I do a cost per milligram of nicotine analysis, consider the source and their reputation for purity, and buy the least expensive nicotine from one of those sources.

Supertrke's 100 mg is often the lowest cost/mg liquid, so he then would get my order. MFS recently had a sale, and their 60 mg/ml liquid was the price-beater. Both 100 mg/ml and 60 mg/ml fit my mixing needs nicely, we typically use a 20 mg/ml final product.

My recommendation? All else equal, buy the best cost/mg liquid, let competition drive the market.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
"Duh, the 100mg is twice as much as the 50mg for the same qty."

It wasn't where and when I bought it, maybe you need to learn how to shop.
Xtreme vaping is where I shop. The site is presently under repair, and I stand by my previous observation. Nobody else will ever get my business, and as previously stated:

"Whatever floats your boat"

I'm done with this conversation.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
To the OP: if you are new to DIY, I strongly recommend sticking to 48 mg or less for the base. The biggest issue with DIY in the beginning is mess, and 48 mg or less on you will not likely poison you...and you WILL get it on you unless you wear gloves. I use syringes for all dispensing, and have my bases in amber bottles with eurodropper inserts, which allow syringe dispensing without risk of spilling if the bottle knocks over. Use a lower nic base untill you know what you are doing and have a safe technique for mixing. Once you have a good setup and hand skills, then think about higher nic.

the86d

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2009
So. California, USA
All I start with is 100mg...

My eJuices end up with <40mg/ml genarally, but if I just need to spruce up a low nic juice 100mg is the way to go so you don't have a bunch of extra "PG flavor".

I don't know what droppers some people use (beveled tip on every dropper besides the Lorann droppers), 20 drops per ML=5mg per drop @ 100mg. Measured 1/3 of a 3ml bottle that came with my original JC purchases.

Most of the time I estimate: 1 dropper-full is about 1ml, I never had a problem, not one.

I have an 8 year old, and a 2 year old in the house. 100mg is stored ABOVE the range in the cabinet.

good conversations here, I appreciate the give and take. as long as we all remain cool about it minus any attitudes :)
I have 7 kids, i get enough of that teen 'tude in my normal life :)
100mg/ml has been the sweet spot for me, makes my mixing easy, and i have rock solid hands so filling the bottles is never a problem for me.
Always consider the source of your nic. I don't think saving a few bucks here and there is worth it to get cheaper stuff if you are putting it in your own body.

the86d

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2009
So. California, USA

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
This is why I only purchase form Levy:

ATTENTION CUSTOMERS

It appears that I have received a batch of nicotine that is causing the PG and VG to turn a faint Pink in color.
This is just a reaction with a new chemical that the supplier used during the extraction process.
The supplier has assured me that this discoloration does not affect the quality or the strength of the nicotine liquid. It is just a cosmetic reaction.
However, due to this discoloration, this batch of nicotine does not meet my Xtremely high level of quality standards.
I expect it will take close to 2 weeks to get a new batch of nicotine liquid shipped in.
Until that time, I have suspended sales of my Xtreme Nicotine Liquid.
If you understand that this is just a cosmetic flaw, and that it does not affect the strength of the liquid, you may e-mail me for purchase information.
I apologize for any inconveniences but do appreciate your continued support.
Thank You,
Levy

Last Updated (Saturday, 24 April 2010 10:03)

That's why I couldnt' access pricing earlier. FWIW, that is why he and he only sees my business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread