Do you carry tanks, a bottle, or neither?

What do you carry with your eRoll?

• a bottle of juice or Ucan for refilling

• extra filled tanks

• 2 or more complete eRolls

• None of the above, 1 tank is enough

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Hey eRollers. So last year I got an eRoll, but didn't give it enough of a chance and gave it to a friend. Well as a personal challenge, I bought another eRoll kit last week and have been forcing myself to leave the house with this as the only device in my pocket. And... it's going great! I love this thing. I think I just had to get the "Rarrrr, must buy bigger mods! More tanks!" mentality out of my system to really appreciate it. But the eRoll truly does bring a lot of familiar (dare I say nostalgic) qualities to the table, including the form factor, warmth, auto switch, and convenience of pulling it out of the PCC assembled.

With that said, the only thing I have to get used to is re-filling it on the go. I've been carrying a single eRoll in the PCC with a needle tip bottle, and it's borderline embarrassing every time I whip the bottle out to refill on the sidewalk. But I feel it's probably less time consuming than fumbling with a Tic Tac box, silicone caps, etc.

So I thought I'd make a little poll out of curiosity. Do you carry a needle tip bottle or Ucan with you? Do you carry extra filled tanks? Or do you just carry a pile of complete eRolls? Let's hear it.

telsie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2009
Maryland
I carry a little needle tip bottle of juice with me and fill my eRoll tanks as needed. I have a Ucan too, but I don't use it. I don't like how heavy it is or that I can't see how much is left in it.

I just never really got a groove with swapping tanks. Except when driving, I think it's simpler to just refill on the go. Though I have been known to refill my tank while sitting at traffic lights ;)

What I almost always have with me are two 5ml bottles of juice, 2 eRolls, 2 eRoll PCCs (one being actively used, the other as a back-up in case the first one dies), a trusty old Joye 510 with cartridge and mini eGo battery, and 2 spare mini eGo batteries. I always carry more than I need. It doesn't take up much space, though. Aside from the 2 PCCs, everything fits easily in a little digital camera pouch.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I carry a pile of filled erolls (10) and a PCC. I do that for a few reasons 1) don't like filling while out 2) feels similar to pack of smokes in both size and convenience 3) saving tanks.....The more often they're taken off to refill and replaced, the quicker the hole breaks down. That's one thing about carrying a pile of filled ones,... the tanks must fit well (still snap when put on) or a single leak can mess up the whole pile. Once they're no longer "like new," I only risk using them at home.

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
I have a Ucan too, but I don't use it. I don't like how heavy it is or that I can't see how much is left in it.

When I first saw the Ucan online I REALLY wanted one, but then I read more and more forum posts about them leaking after only a couple weeks. That's really disappointing, as I always have a big keychain on my belt loop and it'd be perfect. Does yours leak?

I just never really got a groove with swapping tanks.

I'm going to give it a shot for a little while. I slapped some eRoll tanks into a little case I have that came with some 808 cartos, and I'll cary that around. As far as carrying a bottle goes, I'll have to order some 5ml's. The one I have is 10ml and it's overkill.

Did you guys also get the carry case that you put the PCC and second battery in? Is it a winner?

telsie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2009
Maryland
When I first saw the Ucan online I REALLY wanted one, but then I read more and more forum posts about them leaking after only a couple weeks. That's really disappointing, as I always have a big keychain on my belt loop and it'd be perfect. Does yours leak?

Mine didn't leak, no. I used it for several weeks and had no problems. In case you decide to get one, I'll share a couple tips:

1. Check the threads for metal shavings when you first get it. My threads were very sharp and had some loose slivers. I guess after cutting in the threads, the manufacturer skipped whatever the step is that cleans off the metal shavings. I wadded up a paper towel and rubbed the threads to get the slivers off.

2. When you take the top off to refill it (not the cap, I mean the top piece that has the needle tip), there's always a little juice in it from being turned upside down when you use it. If you don't wipe that out, that juice can run down into the threads (and potentially ooze out) as you screw it back together.

I'm not sure if either of those things were factors in other people having leaks, but I think both were potentials.

I'm going to give it a shot for a little while. I slapped some eRoll tanks into a little case I have that came with some 808 cartos, and I'll cary that around. As far as carrying a bottle goes, I'll have to order some 5ml's. The one I have is 10ml and it's overkill.

Did you guys also get the carry case that you put the PCC and second battery in? Is it a winner?

I never bought the PCC carry case. Since I've usually got one eRoll in the PCC and the other in my hand, I didn't see the point :vapor:

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
I've never had a leak with my U-Can, but I'm conscious of the mechanics of o-ring seals, and never overtighten the tank seal or the cap. An o-ring that is over-compressed will deform and eventually leak paths will form ...

It seems counter-intuitive, but tighter does not always make a good seal. Just tighten gently until you feel the first compression of the seal, and a fraction of a turn more. The threads of the U-Can are coarse, doesn't take much to create more linear motion ...

Also, as was mentioned above, wiping out any excess juice will prevent seepage ...

That being said, the U-Can is not something I carry in my pocket. Too heavy, I'd rather carry enough eRoll tanks for the day, usually two or three ...

jav74

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
Montenegro,Europe
I use eroll carry case with 2 erolls.in small ego case i put one more eroll with clean aty and tank and 2 bottles of diferent ejuices...i refill tanks when goes empty...also i have backup pcc at work(and have another eroll in there)...maybe i am funny but i have situation to empty complete pcc and have emergency call in hospital(i am m.d)and become very nervous.. Because i don't have backup pcc.next day i bought new pcc and after that never stay without battery...i know that i need ecig with more power and tank capacity but in my job i couldntn use that big stuff....eroll is perfect

I did buy the PCC carry case and it works out great for me. I carry 2 complete erolls and 4 or 5 tanks depending on if I have an extra atomizer in a mini Altoids tin. If I'm going to be with a group of friends (almost all of them still smoke) I get pretty bad cravings so I keep 1 eroll filled with 40/60 PG/VG and 1 or 2 tanks for the cravings. The others are 100% VG. The 40/60 gives me enough of a throat hit to still feel like I'm smoking.

DirtyJon

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2014
USA RVA
Depends but normal day to day I just fill my protank with adv and a second in my pocket of something smoother now if time is unknown I throw a bottle or 2 of juice in my bag and have 2 extra protanks full. I always have spare part ie coils and tips in car and my bag and of course home I have everything lol
To each is their own need for consumption an security everyone varies and it is A Ok

Nyght

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
San Diego, Ca
I've never had a leak with my U-Can, but I'm conscious of the mechanics of o-ring seals, and never overtighten the tank seal or the cap. An o-ring that is over-compressed will deform and eventually leak paths will form ...

It seems counter-intuitive, but tighter does not always make a good seal. Just tighten gently until you feel the first compression of the seal, and a fraction of a turn more. The threads of the U-Can are coarse, doesn't take much to create more linear motion ...

Also, as was mentioned above, wiping out any excess juice will prevent seepage ...

That being said, the U-Can is not something I carry in my pocket. Too heavy, I'd rather carry enough eRoll tanks for the day, usually two or three ...

I have been wanting to get one of these little cans myself (better and safer than a plastic bottle in my purse) and yet, the constant stories of dripping had scared me away.

Thanks for this input. I also saw something about shocking the orings back to elasticity. (hot hot water, then ice water.) I don't know if it works, but it's something I have filed away in my brain on the off chance I need it for leaky tanks, or ... maybe a u-can.

Nyght

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
San Diego, Ca
Well, I am a tad envious of all of you that have enough batteries for ten! Wow. :) I'll get there I imagine.

My setup is, eRoll pcc with one charging, one in the leather carry case.
8 tanks in a drip tip case I hollowed out the foam from and a single battery with cone as a backup in case something goes wrong.

As for the rotation of tanks and not wanting to wear them down... I have an empty k500 tank that I pop on for charging purposes (they have silicone and it's really just to have the 'room', to make them click down into the battery. (I did try them, heard they were better, but ultimately even though they're easier to refill, I just don't trust the silicone to remain drip free.) Also I vape 100vg and the silicone tended to collect more bubbles at the atty than the eroll tips.

I have a spare pcc coming since I did run one to uncharged one day. Not sure how that happened, but thankfully I had my provari on me that day too :D

I think ultimately I would love to have about ten of them in a small holder. Though the recharge once you got home would be a bit painstaking. (Cause you're filling and charging rotation. If you got tired to boot and just wanted to drop into bed I could see that as a huge drawback.)

So, while that's a good idea and something I may do, I'm also looking into getting a few dead pcc batteries in order to create a mod. Charge for at least one, if not two of the batteries, holding a 3ml juice bottle and a few spare tanks. I'm not positive, will have to see what happens after I get the dead pcc unit or two, to try a different take since I'm trying to get it so it charges two. (Also want to work on a station charger, or a desktop charger. I think these things have a great future! Too many people just love them :D)

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Woohoo, nice to see some chat in the thread!

Well, I'm reporting in: I've now gone a couple days just carrying an eRoll, PCC, and a needle tip bottle... and then a couple days carrying an eRoll, PCC, and a case with 5 filled tanks in it. And I definitely found it much faster to just refill with a bottle on the go. So I'll switch back to that for a bit.

Refilling with a bottle on the go:
- remove tank from eRoll
- remove rubber protector thingy from the tip of the bottle
- fill tank
- put tank back in eRoll
- put protector back on bottle

Replacing a tank on the go:
- remove empty tank from eRoll
- open case
- remove new tank from case
- remove silicone cap from tank
- put new tank in eRoll (while still holding the empty tank, silicone cap, case, and the eRoll)
- put the silicone cap on the empty tank
- put the empty tank in the case
- close the case

Ahhhhh....

Harleybarbie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Wonderland
Love my erolls!! But I carry all kinds of stuff not to run out from an ego to my ProVari in my bag. I just fill them with my 30 ml bottles. I carry 2 PCC's 1 regular (washed a eroll don't work now) 1 leather carry case. They fit nicely in my scrub pocket like my ciggy's used to. Strange how it feels in my hand now that I've been analog free for 9 months!
Nice to drive with though!

Sent from my iThingy using Tapatalk

Nyght

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
San Diego, Ca
Refilling with a bottle on the go:
- remove tank from eRoll
- remove rubber protector thingy from the tip of the bottle
- fill tank
- put tank back in eRoll
- put protector back on bottle

Replacing a tank on the go:
- remove empty tank from eRoll
- open case
- remove new tank from case
- remove silicone cap from tank
- put new tank in eRoll (while still holding the empty tank, silicone cap, case, and the eRoll)
- put the silicone cap on the empty tank
- put the empty tank in the case
- close the case

I think you're onto something there. (Though, I do like the switch in flavors too ;)) But, your last scenario tends to be me, and I can totally see it being quicker to do the refill on the go. I'll have to look into one of those little zipper pull bottles (and see if that'd work, so I could hang it in my purse so it's not flying around. ;))

I detest ejuice leaking onto the lining. :blush: Hands all sticky slimey and all :oops:

---------------------------------------------------------------

Harleybarbie, I so prefer the eroll when driving! I just don't like the tiny tank if I'm driving more than a half an hour to hour. :/ Then I think it's too dangerous to refill, and would certainly prefer the multiple batteries with tanks already prepared and on them. (Then again that's the only time I chain smoked, was during long road trips. Not quite sure why... )

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
I think you're onto something there. (Though, I do like the switch in flavors too ;)) But, your last scenario tends to be me, and I can totally see it being quicker to do the refill on the go. I'll have to look into one of those little zipper pull bottles (and see if that'd work, so I could hang it in my purse so it's not flying around. ;))

These might be good for hanging on a bag: 3ml Keyring Dropper Bottle - 8 pack

Although, they don't have needle tips so I don't how how well they'd work with the tiny eRoll tanks.

Nyght

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
San Diego, Ca
These might be good for hanging on a bag: 3ml Keyring Dropper Bottle - 8 pack

Although, they don't have needle tips so I don't how how well they'd work with the tiny eRoll tanks.
Those were precisely what I was thinking of. Figured I'd get something like that, try and modify a needle nose tip. Thanks for the link! Wasn't sure where I'd seen them.

But, saw the remark about standard cap that's had molding over it. So, no needle top... next on the drawing board. LOL, a funnel? Yeah!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread