Battery Life and USB Charging Kanger Evod

Status
Not open for further replies.

cturboaddict

Verified Member
So, my wife and I as of yesterday both now have our first vaping kits. We are analog smokers and in the chase to quit. After trying out blu and not being a big fan of it, I was deterred from vaping. Walked into a store and tried some e juice after a year of smoking again, and I was amazed at the difference with the flavor and feel.

So we bought two double battery Kanger Evod kits. Along with 2 mini pro tank IIs. Within a couple days of owning (my wife's arrived first) we've already built a collection of E-juice. I haven't even made it thru a tank yet myself, but I've only picked up one cigarrette and didn't like it too much after vaping all day. So that's good news....

Anyhow (point being) that we're noobs. So try and speak in layman's terms while i learn all the tech jargon as we progress.

So my questions are...
1. My battery has yet to die (I'm shocked as the blu cigs would die almost every couple hours). How do I know when it's getting low on power? Does the vape change? Or does the Kanger Evod battery blink?
2. How long does it take to charge on the standard charger? My wife plugged hers in after a few hours of use and the light turned green within minutes....
3. Can I use the USB portion of my charger plugged into my laptop/computer? At work, I'm always in front of a computer and have multiple USBs on it. I thought I read something about charging off of a 3.0 USB is no good?

Thanks for the help guys/gals! Excited to kick the analogs and breathe again!

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Depending on the battery's capacity up to 8hrs (650mAh). Your light (button) will flash when it needs re-charging.
From completely depleted 2-2.5hrs
You can use your USB port, but it is recommended off the wall wart or a USB hub. The hub will protect your computer should something happen to your charger.

Reactions: fraserkr

cturboaddict

Verified Member
Depending on the battery's capacity up to 8hrs (650mAh). Your light (button) will flash when it needs re-charging.
From completely depleted 2-2.5hrs
You can use your USB port, but it is recommended off the wall wart or a USB hub. The hub will protect your computer should something happen to your charger.
Thanks bud!!! Appreciate it!

Kanger eVod Batteries - eGo threaded

They go to 1,000 mAh so it depends on whether you have the 650 or the 1,000 mAh version. Most kits seem to come with 650s.

For a really light vaper, 650 can go a day. I'd be able to kill that sucker in 3 hours. :) The vape should be completely consistent throughout, although the last few puffs might be a little light as the system isn't shut down but the battery also can't quite keep up.

Once dead, the light will blink.

For best battery life, even if you don't need to charge it, do so. Lithium batteries last a lot longer if you charge them before they're completely discharged.

Recharging time varies by battery size, but 2 to 4 hours is a good initial estimate. A little less or more time required isn't a concern.

As per question #3, technically yes, but we recommend not doing so. Charger failure could kill the USB port you're using, which is at best annoying. At worst, it could damage your power supply, which is both extremely annoying and expensive (it's unlikely, though). Most of us advise using an external USB charger--I plug in a 1,000 mAh USB converter next to the computer and use that. There are about a million of these styles available at Amazon, eBay, and these days at your local drug store...

edithwinvich

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
To the OP....Thank you for asking the questions I was looking for! I am also a newbie, and I have been using my EVOD for 2 1/2 days and it still is not dead. Many thanks for those responding and letting me also know when to charge my EVOD.
:vapor:
DITTO that, this was exactly my curiosity as well, since I just got a new EVOD 650 I'm trying out that just keeps going and going - i like it! This forum has been an invaluable resource for me in my journey from smoking to vaping.

Cookie60

May 12, 2014
Calgary, AB, Canada
DITTO that, this was exactly my curiosity as well, since I just got a new EVOD 650 I'm trying out that just keeps going and going - i like it! This forum has been an invaluable resource for me in my journey from smoking to vaping.

Wow,,I don't know how that happens for you. My beginner kit 650 Evods don't last more than a couple of hours. I was back to the store in a couple of days and got a 1100 mAh Evod battery and I have to charge that a couple of times a day. By the way, the power button starts to flash when you are nearly out of power. Charge right away, if you can. Best to not drain it right out. In frustration at the continuous filling juice, charging batteries, washing and cleaning, I got a bigger battery setup, that shorted out right away, and an Aerotank because it holds more juice. Now it's back again to the store (Miles away) to get the malfunctioning itaste SVD sorted out. Plenty of frustrations here.

Reactions: Banger696
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread