Zen 2.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bodog

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Utah
Hey all. Just picked up my first Zenesis and went with the 2.2 version which includes a adjustable 510 to post connection and a recessed switch. I've enjoyed it so far, but had problems with the 510 adjustable top post. I'm not entirely sure if the mod is just not liking my specific rda or if it's not liking my specific batteries but it has connection issues and takes a fair amount of trouble shooting and adjusting of the top post to have proper connection. It seems the top post slips sometimes and I'll lose connection entirely. I'm certain my issues can't be attributed to poor coil build. I'll be purchasing the SS link and I believe I'll have the perfect setup. I would highly recommend the 2.2 despite my issues. When the piece does work it far surpasses my previous mod, the nemesis .

Vap3ster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Miami
photo 1.jpg photo 2.jpg photo 3.jpg photo 4.jpg photo 5.jpg

I Just got one today also. Not only is the top of the 510 connection adjustable but the bottom battery side is adjustable. Then if you take the Allen keys out from under the cushion inside your zen case you can adjust your switch as well.

I wish I knew what the washer that came with my dx 650 is for maybe to firm up the switch?
The switch is a tad bit firm for me. Probably needs to break in. But over all the mod is crafted amazingly. Everyone should get one

I should mention it is my understanding zenesis mods have a bit vertical battery rattle as it is supposed to prevent the materials from tarnishing or oxidizing I don't completely understand the process.

The 2.2 can be adjusted the way I showed in the pictures to eliminate this feature but your then overriding the feature.

Hey all. Just picked up my first Zenesis and went with the 2.2 version which includes a adjustable 510 to post connection and a recessed switch. I've enjoyed it so far, but had problems with the 510 adjustable top post. I'm not entirely sure if the mod is just not liking my specific RDA or if it's not liking my specific batteries but it has connection issues and takes a fair amount of trouble shooting and adjusting of the top post to have proper connection. It seems the top post slips sometimes and I'll lose connection entirely. I'm certain my issues can't be attributed to poor coil build. I'll be purchasing the SS link and I believe I'll have the perfect setup. I would highly recommend the 2.2 despite my issues. When the piece does work it far surpasses my previous mod, the nemesis .

Last edited:

Orion_2280

Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
USA
I just got my 2.2 DX650 yesterday. I have had no issues with it at all fires all of my atties, I also don't have any battery rattle at all, but I am using it with a kick so that may firm things up a bit. using AW IMR 18490s if that helps Bodog.

Vap3ster I also agree the button is a bit too firm for my liking, hoping it loosens up with use as well. If it does not loosen I will be looking for a replacement or cut off a coil or two, and I also would like to know what the mystery washer is for. For my First Zen product I think its great, and i cant wait to get more stuff from them now. I love the Z2 threading soooooo smooth and quick to unscrew and pop a new battery in. yes its a simple device, but it is impeccable. I have never received a mod that didn't have some little thing i didn't care for. just perfect for me, not adjusting yet was right out of the box. only grip at all is the spring. but its not so bad that I would not use it.

Bodog

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Utah
Ive actually been having extreme difficulties trying to get this to fit the only addy i have :( Seems to not like the IGO-W on top. Positive it isnt a coil issue or battery issue as the addy works on my nemesis but it is quiet sad. I even took it into the local electronicstix to see if the guys there could help me out at all, to no avail. I cant figure it out for the life of me. When i bough it, i immediatly put my IGO-W on and it was flawless, but after a day went by it suddenly stopped working. I have spent several hours adjusting and readjusting the center post but no luck.

Bodog

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Utah
View attachment 332526 View attachment 332527 View attachment 332528 View attachment 332529 View attachment 332530

I wish I knew what the washer that came with my dx 650 is for maybe to firm up the switch?
The switch is a tad bit firm for me. Probably needs to break in. But over all the mod is crafted amazingly. Everyone should get one

When I stopped into electronicstixs to trouble shoot my issues, they also werent sure what the washer was for. When trying to fix my 2.2 i put the washer underneath the bottom post on the switch and it was much more firm than even before. It did not seem to work well and only made less throw on the switch.

Orion_2280

Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
USA
Hey bodog, thanks for the info on the washer not sure why anyone would want the button firmer. I do not have the link dripper. i have used my kayfun, taifun gt, and chaos rda with no issues on mine. U said it worked then stopped. So if i remember correctly Zen uses springs that are designed to take a certain amp limit. So if you were vapping using low ohms and high power and amps, the spring may be damaged. Check that out if u haven't already. If thats not the issue i would say, make sure the button is screwed in all the way with the allen keys in the bottom of Zen case it came in, then adjust the 510 post so u know for sure the atty is making connection. Even if there is a gap and its not flush at least u would know there is connection. I don't know much about the Igo but make sure the center pin in it is ok. my chaos center pin sometimes comes out a tad and doesn't connect with the center post on the atty deck. If none of this works out for u, im at a loss. I don't have tons of experience with dippers but they are usually pretty simple. maybe someone else will chime in soon that can help better. good luck

Vap3ster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Miami
I figured out what the washer is for it makes a better fit when using flat top batteries. But not necessarily needed for flat tops just makes the connection that much closer as Zen's mods are designed for AW IMR and they only come in button top.
As far a top cap connection I got a Zen Mini Atty and the hybrid connection is flawless. Get one of the hybrid connection atty's and you will be good no need for the 510 connection then. I am running it around .8 ohms anyone know what the limit of the spring is?? Can we get switch magnets ???

Hey all. Just picked up my first Zenesis and went with the 2.2 version which includes a adjustable 510 to post connection and a recessed switch. I've enjoyed it so far, but had problems with the 510 adjustable top post. I'm not entirely sure if the mod is just not liking my specific RDA or if it's not liking my specific batteries but it has connection issues and takes a fair amount of trouble shooting and adjusting of the top post to have proper connection. It seems the top post slips sometimes and I'll lose connection entirely. I'm certain my issues can't be attributed to poor coil build. I'll be purchasing the SS link and I believe I'll have the perfect setup. I would highly recommend the 2.2 despite my issues. When the piece does work it far surpasses my previous mod, the nemesis .

How can you say that its better than the nemesis?!? I just spent just under $400 for a dx490 zenesis, extra battery tubes and a z-atty (right before they reduced the price from $145 down to $105! Grrrr. Irritating. Once you use it and experience how extreme the battery drop is you will be ...... just like me. It is such an anemic mod, 0.7-1.2 volts drop depending on the resistance. Zen needs to retire after the problems, and manufacturing issues, and premature releases, etc. Then I had to buy the z2.2 top cap to have it like it should had been since the begining.... adjustable! Any manufacturer that makes a mod without a locking button, adjustable 510, and NO battery rattle (yes I know zens B.S. excuse for the battery rattle.) should retire and stop making mods. Im so ......, incase you couldnt tell, im trying to let as many people I can know about the garbage products he put out. And he needs to learn how to manufacture at an acceptable rate. I think that he could make them much faster, its a basic tube with threads cut into its ends and a couple threaded discs or stainless for the caps. Redic.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Tapatalk

Vap3ster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Miami
How can you say that its better than the nemesis?!? I just spent just under $400 for a dx490 zenesis, extra battery tubes and a z-atty (right before they reduced the price from $145 down to $105! Grrrr. Irritating. Once you use it and experience how extreme the battery drop is you will be ...... just like me. It is such an anemic mod, 0.7-1.2 volts drop depending on the resistance. Zen needs to retire after the problems, and manufacturing issues, and premature releases, etc. Then I had to buy the z2.2 top cap to have it like it should had been since the begining.... adjustable! Any manufacturer that makes a mod without a locking button, adjustable 510, and NO battery rattle (yes I know zens B.S. excuse for the battery rattle.) should retire and stop making mods. Im so ......, incase you couldnt tell, im trying to let as many people I can know about the garbage products he put out. And he needs to learn how to manufacture at an acceptable rate. I think that he could make them much faster, its a basic tube with threads cut into its ends and a couple threaded discs or stainless for the caps. Redic.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Tapatalk

I have a Hcigar nemesis and I am all around happier with my dx650 2.2 and z atty mini. The nemesis did seam to gave a tiny bit less voltage drop but its also made from thinner metals. I am overall happier with my made in the USA hybrid.

GemCutter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Maine USA
The washers are to effect the throw length, add a washer for a really short throw, take one or more out for a longer throw. Before the recessed switch update I have usually seen them come with 3 washers installed and one extra in the bag, I like the throw with one or two at the most, but again, that's the old switch.

Bodog take the top cap off, unscrew the pin from the bottom a couple of turns. Now unscrew the pin from the top until it is high enough to screw your atty in and leave a gap for now until you get the process down. Some can be loose and they aren't reverse threaded so if you just keep turning the atty it can screw down the pin so try to avoid that by leaving a gap and just screwing the atty down enough to make make contact. Now the key is flip it back over and screw from the bottom until it is tight, you will feel it firm up and that should keep it tight from the top as well. If you can't get it down maybe I could make a video, if not contact HoH about it. Mike has the best customer service in the biz, he will make it right.

And it doesn't matter what Zen you have, ZNA, DX, 2.0-2.1-2.2 the link will screw in to all of them because they all have standard Z2 threading.

And Xenon I'm not gonna bother arguing much with you since it's clear you have made up your mind but Mike is one of the best manufacturers in the business for a long list of reasons. 1 volt drop where are you getting this? Hearsay? How did you test it? Maybe at .08 ohms which most any PV would be. His stuff isn't made for low sub ohming below like .3, if you want to go there they sell a low ohm kit. His PVs are made for regular users and they work extremely well for that.

The battery rattle is ages ago, I don't know why people keep bringing that up, and it was for a very good reason, to prevent arcing from the battery to the contacts. If you have rattle on a remotely new Zen PV you aren't setting it up right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread