The YiHi SX350 35W Chip at Varitube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
The spectacular YiHi SX350 is here! This is the modders chip offering unprecedented specifications and performance. Whether you want to make your own mod or supply low volume custom builds we're here for you! There is no comparison to this chip.
Yihiecigar-SX350-1394783193-0.jpg

- Now we can regulate down to not only 4V but down to 1V!!!
- What about min resistance? How's 0.2ohms sound?
- Oh how about upgrading the chip yourself? The 1st upgrade is already available and it upgrades this chip from 30W to 35W! Yes...there is NO competition!
Check out the specs below.
Specifications
-VW: 5W-30W
-VV: 1.5V-9.5V
-Handle 0.2 - 3.0 ohm Atomizer
-Volt can be Increased or Decreased
-By-pass mode Gravity Sensor
Features
--5W-30W Variable Wattage
--1.5V-9.5V Variable Voltage
--Handles 0.2 ohm- 3.0 ohm Atomizer
--Output Volt can be Increased or Decreased which is different from dna30
--By-pass (direct connection) mode, if you choose this mode ,
can be used like mechanical mode
--Gravity Sensor change the power automatically
--0.66" OLED Screen

Last edited:

Yellow Hawk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
To Anonymous, It is NOT a Mod, it is a Power regulating, DC-DC Up converter board (Put simply). Up to you, to make it otherwise.
I have already seen ONE place taking Preliminary orders for a MOD using that chip set thoouh. In Ebay, or a google search. NOT a search for Mods, I don't remember what for.

YH

Portertown

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Greenville, NC, USA
ok...45 minutes later and a bunch of email requests its opened up for pre-order Authentic YiHi SX350 35W Chip!

I have couple of questions about the Micro USB board that is included. Can the battery/batteries be charged onboard in the mod with it or will I need to remove the battery/batteries to charge them in a stand alone charger? Is the Micro USB board already wired to the SX350 board or will I have to connect it myself?
Thanks for any info.

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hey Porter....thanks for the questions. The sample order we had required the user to attach the micro USB board...but they have agreed to solder it for us now starting with this batch....less chances for those of us with fat fingers to have to touch the actual board. Now we just have output, ground, and battery connections to make.

With the Micro USB the battery is charged on board if desired. In theory a mod could have a removable battery for charging in a standalone charger as well but to answer your specific question on board charging is accomplished via the micro USB.

The same micro USB is also used to flash the upgrades as they come out. Right now the board is 30W. They just released the 1st upgrade to make the board 35W. Takes about 2 minutes.

Let us know of any questions at all please.

Last edited:

Portertown

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Greenville, NC, USA
Hey Porter....thanks for the questions. The sample order we had required the user to attach the micro SUB board...but they have agreed to solder it for us now starting with this batch....less chances for those of us with fat fingers to have to touch the actual board. Now we just have output, ground, and battery connections to make.

With the Micro USB the battery is charged on board if desired. In theory a mod could have a removable battery for charging in a standalone charger as well but to answer your specific question on board charging is accomplished via the micro USB.

The same micro USB is also used to flash the upgrades as they come out. Right now the board is 30W. They just released the 1st upgrade to make the board 35W. Takes about 2 minutes.

Let us know of any questions at all please.

Onedesign1, thanks for the quick reply to my questions. Sure looks like this board/chip is going to be the hot ticket for mod builders. I was going to make a semi mechanical box mod with a Mosfet for a high current switch, but this looks like it is the best of both worlds. In bypass it is a mechanical mod and then it can also be a variable wattage mod also.
I am going to order one of these and use it with two 18650 batteries in parallel.
Will I need to add fuses for protection or not?

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Onedesign1, thanks for the quick reply to my questions. Sure looks like this board/chip is going to be the hot ticket for mod builders. I was going to make a semi mechanical box mod with a Mosfet for a high current switch, but this looks like it is the best of both worlds. In bypass it is a mechanical mod and then it can also be a variable wattage mod also.
I am going to order one of these and use it with two 18650 batteries in parallel.
Will I need to add fuses for protection or not?

Always research and build the safest way. I'm not in a position to understand your complete design. The chip has built in safety measures such as short circuit, reverse polarity, low resistance etc. As is you do not necessarily need fuses....but extra is never a bad thing. I'm sure there's a experienced person or 2 who will chime in.

AnonymousUserName

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Florida
To Anonymous, It is NOT a Mod, it is a Power regulating, DC-DC Up converter board (Put simply). Up to you, to make it otherwise.
I have already seen ONE place taking Preliminary orders for a MOD using that chip set thoouh. In Ebay, or a google search. NOT a search for Mods, I don't remember what for.

YH

Yes I'm completely aware that this is a chip.....

Yellow Hawk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Portertown: As Onedesign1 said, a Fuse is NOT a absolute necessity. I have NEVER used one in a box mod. BUT, I have used them in Tube type Mech. Mods, just for that LITTLE bit of safety, or "Illusion" of safety. I forgot the name of the fuse, but there is one made called something like Saf T Fuse, or Vape Safe, or something like that. It looks tobe the size of a battery exactly, about 18mm. And, It has a set blow point. It is NON reuseable. It pops, you buy a new one. I've NEVER popped one, And, that is even on my Hades 26650 battery Mod by Footoon. With the Sony Big Amp battery. Using a .3 ohm partially home made atty. Dual coil. STill didn't blow. But, on a short, they WILL BLOW. I've seen it on others. A Sigelei Mod. shorted internally, and the fuse Popped. It pops, u use one of the extras you bought when you bought the original (hint). Does NOT hurt to put a fuse in a box mod, as long as you realize that a poorly made fuse holder, will have SOME voltage drop. (VERY little), so don't buy CHEAP. I have to run several hundred Metre runs of what is called "Hard Line" antenna cable, to go from radio/amplifier to Antenna, WAY up on Tower, way away from house. THAT much cable, DOES insert some NOTICeable impedance/resistance. And, must be taken into account. IOW, everything you put between a source and a load, inserts SOME small amount of resistance, It all adds up.
I've given you reasons to USE a fuse, and NOT to use it, now, as in all things, it's UP to YOU!

Yellow Hawk

Last edited:

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran

vewdew

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
new bedford, MA, USA
Very nice...I want to say...any of you guys want to send me pics of finished mods I can create a Gallery on the page where the Chip is.

I will once mine is done, but will take me atleast a few weeks since my work schedule is a tight one for the next few weeks. Thanks for shipping so fast, I was thinking I was not goin to be able to order any at this time since I had to work today, good thing I cheched this morning and you had them available, so I placed my order even before I had coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread