Should we make a Protank compatible tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
We have been toying with this idea for a bit now. Especially since it is a fairly good concept that gets dragged down by inferior materials and quality in the end product. We need input on what is desired, what needs to be fixed from the Kanger model and if this is even a worthwhile idea. We would like to make both a 19mm and a 22mm model, if this ends up as a product. Any input from Protank users is worthwhile.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Last edited:

skimmer02

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2014
Leander,TX,USA
Airflow=critical on PT. The aero base on PT2 makes it decent, but could use better adjustment/more available airflow. I would be interested in a PT2 comparable type tank. I really like my PT2s, but it takes a little bit to make them right. Aero base plus a vertical coil makes PT2 a pretty decent vape. Dense but smaller cloud, good flavor, which I like for away from the house. Very reliable, never have a problem with them.

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
This is the dilemma. We could actually improve the PT3 substantially across the board. It needs improvement in materials, airflow, aesthetics and function. The Aspire is pretty darn good as it sits. Although I personally find it sort of ugly. So the only real upgrades would come in the areas of aesthetics and materials.

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
Wow I have to say after vaping the Aspire and the Protank for extended lengths of time over the last 3 weeks. I am shocked how unimpressed I am, compared to the old carto tank. I expected so much more. With that said, I think things could be improved by us on both designs. We'll decide this week if we want to tackle a new tank design or simply keep carto tanks and concentrate on RDA items. We have essentially split our regular machine shop off on it's own. It has become a highly profitable entity and because of that, it has had carte blanche on machine time as well as personnel allocation and left the vaping division with very clout, both in personnel and machinery allocation over the past year. So I split each into separate companies to hopefully balance the scales, by sliding some of the insane technical ability that we happen to have in house, over to the vaping side. So if it works as planned, this should allow us to bring some cool innovations over the next few months.

Last edited:

tick22

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Vanceboro, NC
Airflow=critical on PT. The aero base on PT2 makes it decent, but could use better adjustment/more available airflow. I would be interested in a PT2 comparable type tank. I really like my PT2s, but it takes a little bit to make them right. Aero base plus a vertical coil makes PT2 a pretty decent vape. Dense but smaller cloud, good flavor, which I like for away from the house. Very reliable, never have a problem with them.

this is the biggest complaint. Plus can you make a better coil???
:D

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
I am not in the coil business on the mass scale that would be required for that. Sure I could commission a higher end version to be made in China. But I don't see that being terribly worthwhile and quite risky from my pov.On the other hand, the Aspire has a good coil to work with and the adjustible airflow is kinda cool (although pretty useless aside from the 2 largest holes) But the dang thing floods constantly in my experience and I can't be sure if that is an inherent design flaw or something that we could iron out with some redesigning. Risky stuff to say the least.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread