• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

6 months on- Innokin iTaste 3.0 VV

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveMc

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2013
UK
I bought an innokin iTaste 3.0 VV back in November, it was my 1st kit and on the onset was very happy. I moved onto an MVP within a few weeks and the girlfriend kept the original purchase.
Now, 6 months on, the iTaste VV 3.0 has had it, not very impressed to be honest.
It only really lasted 8 hours max before a complete recharge was required but after a couple of months this reduced and has been reducing ever since. It now won't take a charge at all and the bottom comes off if you're not careful when disconnecting the charging lead. We weren't fortunate enough to get the one with the extra rivets that apparently addressed this issue.

Now on the hunt for a replacement, won't be buying another one of these.
Will probably go for an 1100mAh batt, possibly 2 so there's always a spare handy, but she does like the puff counter and V W, not interested in the V V.
Any recommendations?

As for the MVP, still working great and I charge every couple of days. :)

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I think you did well... chin up. :)

I have one and love it. (newer version). You could have bought an EVIC for £99.99 and had that last 5 months, as happened to me.

8 hrs isn't great, but it's only 800mAh and gradual loss of performance leading to useless-ness is what happens. You won't do better with out there on the market.... I know, 'cause I've had them all.

There are 1,300mAh Spinners and they last longer, but there's no VW and puff counter. One of the three I have owned lasted only 4 months.

They are £20 nowadays. Even 4 months in total is still inexpensive overall.

I read today on AAEC that V2 e-cigs are charging £23.99 for a 280mAh e-cig battery. So, we should count ourselves lucky we're not being sucked into this murky world of utter rip-offs.

if you like(d) it.... try another one....

I'm not sure there are any alternatives.... at this moment in time, there is only 1 battery I know that is similar and that has a terrible reputation. Sure, you can get "plain" batteries which might do a year being charged every day...but once VW-ed it's hard to go back.

- -

Bad luck. :)

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
I think you did well... chin up. :)

I have one and love it. (newer version). You could have bought an EVIC for £99.99 and had that last 5 months, as happened to me.

8 hrs isn't great, but it's only 800mAh and gradual loss of performance leading to useless-ness is what happens. You won't do better with out there on the market.... I know, 'cause I've had them all.

There are 1,300mAh Spinners and they last longer, but there's no VW and puff counter. One of the three I have owned lasted only 4 months.

They are £20 nowadays. Even 4 months in total is still inexpensive overall.

I read today on AAEC that V2 e-cigs are charging £23.99 for a 280mAh e-cig battery. So, we should count ourselves lucky we're not being sucked into this murky world of utter rip-offs.

if you like(d) it.... try another one....

I'm not sure there are any alternatives.... at this moment in time, there is only 1 battery I know that is similar and that has a terrible reputation. Sure, you can get "plain" batteries which might do a year being charged every day...but once VW-ed it's hard to go back.

- -

Bad luck. :)

Same for me with my evic, although i did buy it in a sale for £70 but that wasnt much consolation!

£23.99 for a 280mah batt?!?!?! That's crazy, although in saying that i see not just petrol stations, but chemists and all sorts are jumping on the cigalike bandwagon now and charging daft prices for them. Someone is certainly making a hell of a lot of money selling these things.

I agree on the point of how long the device lasted too, at £20 or thereabouts i think 6 months is pretty decent. If you want a device that is going to last you a long time then i think you have to look to provaris or possibly semovars (i know there are lots of other mods on the market in this higher price bracket, but just looking at those with an established rep for reliability). There are lots of people that have hadover 12 months loyal service from their MVPs / VAMOs, etc but there are as many if not more that have failed. I dont know of any provari that has failed within a year or two. I actually dont know of any that have failed at all, and if they do there is a warranty which is always backed up and repairs beyond the warranty period are reasonable. It all comes down to what you can afford though - £200 or so is a lot of money, but if you have it spare it's well worth the investment.

freeatlast!

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2013
Kansas, USA
kestra.zenfolio.com
I love the iTaste vv 3....do wish they were not ultimately disposable though. It was my first purchase after an eGo, and I now have one of each color. Other than those, I use ProVaris....

I just like the form factor of the iTaste, and as they die out, chances are I'll replace them if they continue to be available. To me, they are great for on the go.

SteveMc

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2013
UK
We bought the start-up kit so it was a bit more expensive than £20. Cost £44.99 minus discount code so £38.24.
She doesn't want another iTaste VV 3.0, not happy with this one and has decided she needs a longer lasting battery so rather than buy 2, I started looking about for alternatives.
Have been looking at the Cool Fire 1 but when I showed her the Innokin SVD that threw the cheaper option out the window, lol.
myepack seems to be doing the best deal but she's not keen on the atomisers that are being offered, tried the iClear30 before and didn't like it. It's a shame they're not offering the iClear30b instead, guess I'll continue shopping around.
Thanks for the input, appreciated. :)

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
That's their new V2Ex battery: It has a solid end rather than a glowing tip, and a little row of lights for battery status.:
V2 EX Battery operates at 4.2 volts,
Rating 280 mAh.
Length: 100 mm /3.94". 135 mm /5.31” with Cartridge
Diameter: 9.5 mm /0.38"

Their standard long battery is this one at £15.99: V2Cigs Long E-Cig Battery - V2Cigs UK
•Voltage: 4.2 volts
•Battery Rating: 380 mAh
•Length: 110 mm/4.3” (140 mm/5.5” with Cartridge)
•Diameter: 9.25 mm/0.37”

V2 was one of the kits I bought when I first started using e-cigs, and their batteries do perform better than the others I tried. Seeing I still like a small neat one if out and about, I do still use the V2 batteries with a clearomiser.
Price-wise though, they aren't cheap!

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
We bought the start-up kit so it was a bit more expensive than £20. Cost £44.99 minus discount code so £38.24.
She doesn't want another iTaste VV 3.0, not happy with this one and has decided she needs a longer lasting battery so rather than buy 2, I started looking about for alternatives.
Have been looking at the Cool Fire 1 but when I showed her the Innokin SVD that threw the cheaper option out the window, lol.
myepack seems to be doing the best deal but she's not keen on the atomisers that are being offered, tried the iClear30 before and didn't like it. It's a shame they're not offering the iClear30b instead, guess I'll continue shopping around.
Thanks for the input, appreciated. :)

Coolfire 1 is a BAD kitty. (as in, not good)... unless you have the perfect set-up for 8.5 watts.... but I suspect you know that.
SVD is not exactly topping the reliability charts... (do you visit the main forums on this board?) :)

As the MVP is out (clearly) and I'm guessing the Vamo is a non-starter, have you thought about "creating" a mega Nemesis build?

Nemesis, kick and 18650 or 18500 battery. Even in mega build, it's smaller than many mods. With independent parts, you can cope with any disaster.

Recommended! :)

SteveMc

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2013
UK
Coolfire 1 is a BAD kitty. (as in, not good)... unless you have the perfect set-up for 8.5 watts.... but I suspect you know that.
SVD is not exactly topping the reliability charts... (do you visit the main forums on this board?) :)

As the MVP is out (clearly) and I'm guessing the Vamo is a non-starter, have you thought about "creating" a mega Nemesis build?

Nemesis, kick and 18650 or 18500 battery. Even in mega build, it's smaller than many mods. With independent parts, you can cope with any disaster.

Recommended! :)

Cool Fire 1 - Yeah I know how to make it tick.
SVD - No, haven't really delved deep in the reviews yet but read some nice ones and some were vs the Vamo.
I don't have to point out how women change their minds so here's the latest: She now wants the MVP, has decided that mine is really good; sturdy and reliable. Has picked out a pretty one from the Energy Line :p

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I don't have to point out how women change their minds so here's the latest: She now wants the MVP, has decided that mine is really good; sturdy and reliable. Has picked out a pretty one from the Energy Line :p

LOL :)

Good choice. The ladies team on AAEC are all over those MVPs. Got to be the #1 ladies mod on AAEC by an absolute mile.

(The gents are more nemesis...)

SteveMc

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2013
UK
LOL :)

Good choice. The ladies team on AAEC are all over those MVPs. Got to be the #1 ladies mod on AAEC by an absolute mile.

(The gents are more nemesis...)

Looking into something for me for the future, haven't decided what yet, so many to choose from.
Don't worry, man, I'll be back for some advice on that before the money leaves my bank account. At the minute I'm liking the look of the Stingray [Copper Black] but time will tell, have a bit of saving to do and we need a new washing machine first, lol.
Back to tonight's shopping, on top of the MVP for the lady I bought a couple of Hypertanks. I really wanted an Aspire Nautilus, maybe in the future.

SteveMc

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2013
UK
I bought 2 of the VV3's 3.0 just 4 months ago (both of them authenticated by Innokin serial #s} used them on alternate days for about 5 hours a day, now they are both dead, wont even let me have a 5 second draw on a pass through connection. any way to replace the batteries?
That's a worse experience than with the girlfriend's, Iain.
You have to remember that the battery is the product so the only way to replace it is to buy a new one.
If you have an extra £8 spare I can't recommend the Innokin MVP 2.0 enough. I bought both of ours here - INNOKIN iTaste MVP Version 2.0 | Realvapes.co.uk and there's a 10% coupon code about.

iainbrown

May 13, 2014
Florida
That's a worse experience than with the girlfriend's, Iain.
You have to remember that the battery is the product so the only way to replace it is to buy a new one.
If you have an extra £8 spare I can't recommend the Innokin MVP 2.0 enough. I bought both of ours here - INNOKIN iTaste MVP Version 2.0 | Realvapes.co.uk and there's a 10% coupon code about.
Thanks for your reply, but wont I be in the same situation with an MVP, just 4 months of minimal use and have yet another paperweight? I was just curious if anyone had found a way to do something with them rather than just throwing them out.

SteveMc

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2013
UK
Thanks for your reply, but wont I be in the same situation with an MVP, just 4 months of minimal use and have yet another paperweight? I was just curious if anyone had found a way to do something with them rather than just throwing them out.
My MVP is going strong, just as good as it was new. Remember it's a 2600mAh battery as opposed to the 800mAh in the VV.
No idea if they're worth cannibalizing or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread